Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
out of contract 07:12 - Mar 17 with 2525 viewstextbackup

Its probably on here somewhere, but I cant find it.

But who is actually out of contract in the summer?

and, did Hawkins ever play for Cook at Pompy?

thanks

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

out of contract on 07:14 - Mar 17 with 2244 viewschrismakin

Don't know how trust worthy these are

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ipswich-town/vertragsende/verein/677

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

out of contract on 08:51 - Mar 17 with 2142 viewsHARRY10

out of contract on 07:14 - Mar 17 by chrismakin

Don't know how trust worthy these are

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ipswich-town/vertragsende/verein/677

Looking through that list how many would you keep. Certainly none on their present contracts. With the right coaching we can build better (as they say).

Lambert was right about one thing, There are a lot who are in for a shock this summer They will find other clubs are not so willing to pay them what they have been used to, and most likely still expect. I wonder what Fleetwood's players are being paid, not as much as many of ours I would venture.

And some on here need to stop kidding themselves, that we have one of the best squads i this division. We don't. We have a squad full of average players who it has been hard to select a regular 11 - hence the endless rotation. A forlorn hope that somehow a certain group will gel.

We need an almost complete clear out this summer. And with around 15 out of contract, we have the opportunity. I'd rather have players fully committed who appreciate the value of playing football as a profession, not the likes of Norwood and others who seem to think they are doing us a favour, not it being the other way round.
out of contract on 09:14 - Mar 17 with 2103 viewsMrTown

Chambers, Wilson, Nsiala, Donacien, Ward, Skuse, Huws, Bishop, Nydam, Judge, El Mizouni, Edwards, Sears, Jackson, Drinan.

El Miz / Nydam aside - out the door for the rest I’m afraid.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

out of contract on 09:17 - Mar 17 with 2092 viewsMattinLondon

out of contract on 09:14 - Mar 17 by MrTown

Chambers, Wilson, Nsiala, Donacien, Ward, Skuse, Huws, Bishop, Nydam, Judge, El Mizouni, Edwards, Sears, Jackson, Drinan.

I’d keep Bishop as well.
out of contract on 09:34 - Mar 17 with 2058 viewsBluefish

Chambers I'd probably keep as a club captain and back up
Wilson can go but not the end of the world for back up if Chambers goes
Nsiala as above
Donacien tricky one really, clearly a personal issue from PRP but is good enough for this level especially as back up
Ward go
Skuse time to go
Huws time to go
Bishop has option definitely keep
Nydam hard to say but keep because he has so much talent and right thing to do
Judge big pay cut and backup or go
El miz definitely keep
Edwards lol get rid
Sears time to go
Jackson take option and sell ASAP
Drinan go

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

out of contract on 09:37 - Mar 17 with 2050 viewsCheltenham_Blue

out of contract on 08:51 - Mar 17 by HARRY10

Looking through that list how many would you keep. Certainly none on their present contracts. With the right coaching we can build better (as they say).

Lambert was right about one thing, There are a lot who are in for a shock this summer They will find other clubs are not so willing to pay them what they have been used to, and most likely still expect. I wonder what Fleetwood's players are being paid, not as much as many of ours I would venture.

And some on here need to stop kidding themselves, that we have one of the best squads i this division. We don't. We have a squad full of average players who it has been hard to select a regular 11 - hence the endless rotation. A forlorn hope that somehow a certain group will gel.

We need an almost complete clear out this summer. And with around 15 out of contract, we have the opportunity. I'd rather have players fully committed who appreciate the value of playing football as a profession, not the likes of Norwood and others who seem to think they are doing us a favour, not it being the other way round.

Lambert said that the it looked like the salary cap was going to happen. Of those out of contract. The ones we keep are likely to be on improved or same terms.

It's very easy to say, X, Y or Z is crap and let their contract run down, but in reality, unless we can get better than them in the free market which is tough because of the competition for those players, and as Evans is unlikely to pay fees this year, then we are just weakening the squad.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

out of contract on 09:37 - Mar 17 with 2052 viewsIpswichKnight

out of contract on 09:17 - Mar 17 by MattinLondon

I’d keep Bishop as well.

I wouldn’t, Dobra, Judge, Lankaster and El Miz can all do the same job and most of those can tackle and play other positions too.
out of contract on 09:40 - Mar 17 with 2042 viewsPhilTWTD

This now out of date story regarding the salary cap gives the position on the out of contract players.

O'Neill: Summer Will Be Real Salary Cap Transition 9th Feb 2021 13:51
General manager of football operations Lee O’Neill says the summer ahead will be “a real transition” from a salary cap perspective if the Blues are still in League One with the cap set to impact the club more significantly than it did this season, although with rumours suggesting it could be scrapped following a recent arbitration hearing. 13

Login to get fewer ads

out of contract on 09:42 - Mar 17 with 2010 viewsZondervansTash

I’d keep Bishop as well.

Agreed
out of contract on 10:03 - Mar 17 with 1964 viewsHARRY10

out of contract on 09:40 - Mar 17 by PhilTWTD

This now out of date story regarding the salary cap gives the position on the out of contract players.

O'Neill: Summer Will Be Real Salary Cap Transition 9th Feb 2021 13:51
General manager of football operations Lee O’Neill says the summer ahead will be “a real transition” from a salary cap perspective if the Blues are still in League One with the cap set to impact the club more significantly than it did this season, although with rumours suggesting it could be scrapped following a recent arbitration hearing. 13

From that link

"Skipper Luke Chambers heads the list, joined by Cole Skuse, Stephen Ward, Emyr Huws, Freddie Sears, Kayden Jackson, Teddy Bishop, Alan Judge, Toto Nsiala, Janoi Donacien, James Wilson, Gwion Edwards, Aaron Drinan, Tristan Nydam, Barry Cotter, Ben Morris, Ben Folami and Harry Wright.

Town have previously confirmed they have an option to keep Skuse, Ward, Sears, Bishop, Judge, Nsiala, Donacien, Wilson, Nydam, Morris and Folami for a further season should they choose to do so."

Taking up an option would mean the same pay. I suggest that with some we could find better on the same pay, or less.

This means work put in on recruitment to identify players who are fully committed. Something so many presently don't seem to be.
out of contract on 10:03 - Mar 17 with 1960 viewsMrTown

I’d keep Bishop as well.

No chance, not good enough.

out of contract on 10:05 - Mar 17 with 1952 viewsMrTown

out of contract on 09:34 - Mar 17 by Bluefish

Chambers I'd probably keep as a club captain and back up
Wilson can go but not the end of the world for back up if Chambers goes
Nsiala as above
Donacien tricky one really, clearly a personal issue from PRP but is good enough for this level especially as back up
Ward go
Skuse time to go
Huws time to go
Bishop has option definitely keep
Nydam hard to say but keep because he has so much talent and right thing to do
Judge big pay cut and backup or go
El miz definitely keep
Edwards lol get rid
Sears time to go
Jackson take option and sell ASAP
Drinan go

Chambers?
Judge?
Bishop?

Keep?!

Move them on, not good enough.

out of contract on 10:06 - Mar 17 with 1951 viewsBluefish

out of contract on 10:03 - Mar 17 by MrTown

I feel real pity for people who say things like this about Bishop. The game was be joyless if you can't can't appreciate talented players. It just to amaze me when people said similar about McGoldrick as well. Those 2 are the true players that are worth the entrance fee

out of contract on 10:10 - Mar 17 with 1940 viewstextbackup

out of contract on 10:03 - Mar 17 by MrTown

what the hell have you just written?

out of contract on 10:12 - Mar 17 with 1923 viewsBluefish

out of contract on 10:10 - Mar 17 by textbackup

Imagine how miserable they must be if they can't appreciate watching Bishop. The rest of our team is horrendous and the glimpses from Teddy are the only enjoyment. It is no wonder they back Lambert for so long

out of contract on 10:16 - Mar 17 with 1905 viewsMrTown

out of contract on 10:06 - Mar 17 by Bluefish

I feel real pity for people who say things like this about Bishop. The game was be joyless if you can't can't appreciate talented players. It just to amaze me when people said similar about McGoldrick as well. Those 2 are the true players that are worth the entrance fee

He has a spark now and again, but you are going a bit over board on him.

When was the last time he put a complete standout performance in?

out of contract on 10:18 - Mar 17 with 1892 viewsBluefish

out of contract on 10:16 - Mar 17 by MrTown

He has a spark now and again, but you are going a bit over board on him.

When was the last time he put a complete standout performance in?

I despair

out of contract on 10:18 - Mar 17 with 1888 viewsMrTown

out of contract on 10:10 - Mar 17 by textbackup

When was the last time he controlled a game, took it by the scruff of the neck and bossed it for the game - was the real standout performer.

If he were that good, he would surely shine head and shoulders in this piss poor division in the worst side in this clubs history?

He now and again glides past players, but rarely with any final substance.

out of contract on 10:19 - Mar 17 with 1877 viewsBluefish

out of contract on 10:18 - Mar 17 by MrTown

When was the last time he controlled a game, took it by the scruff of the neck and bossed it for the game - was the real standout performer.

If he were that good, he would surely shine head and shoulders in this piss poor division in the worst side in this clubs history?

Yeah why can't he win games by himself and just dribble round the whole team. Must be crap

out of contract on 10:22 - Mar 17 with 1856 viewstextbackup

bit hard to completely do it by himself id imagine, needs a few players semi competent around him.

he's our best player IMO

out of contract on 10:25 - Mar 17 with 1847 viewsMrTown

out of contract on 10:22 - Mar 17 by textbackup

bit hard to completely do it by himself id imagine, needs a few players semi competent around him.

he's our best player IMO

I feel that is a lazy defence of someone who isn't doing enough.

out of contract on 10:26 - Mar 17 with 1838 viewsStenvict

What player has taken the game by the scruff of the neck in the last few years? At least Bishop attempts to, before getting hacked down by the opposition.

Poll: What will be announced first?

out of contract on 10:27 - Mar 17 with 1831 viewstextbackup

out of contract on 10:25 - Mar 17 by MrTown

I feel that is a lazy defence of someone who isn't doing enough.

yeah maybe he isn't doing enough at times.

he needs some grafters around him.

out of contract on 10:29 - Mar 17 with 1826 viewsMrTown

out of contract on 10:26 - Mar 17 by Stenvict

What player has taken the game by the scruff of the neck in the last few years? At least Bishop attempts to, before getting hacked down by the opposition.

Nobody, literally nobody has take the game - generally because they aren't good enough to do so. Bishop included in that I'm afraid.

out of contract on 10:33 - Mar 17 with 1811 viewsJon_456

Think we'd need to keep Chambers and Wilson both as cover for CB as without them it leaves just Woolfenden. Would keep Bishop, Nydam, El Miz, Edwards and Jackson but only as back up / sell on.

Squad will hopefully look something like

GK - New GK & Holy/Cornell as back up
RB - KVY + new back up
CB - New first choice to partner Woolf, Chambers & Wilson back up.
LB - New first choice + Kenlock back up
CM - New first choice (experienced), Downes, Dozzell, Bishop, Nolan, Nydam.
Wingers - 2 New wingers, Edwards, Dobra, Lankester.
ST - New first choice, Norwood, Hawkins & Jackson (probably sell).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024