Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good to have Skuse back in the team..... 08:12 - Mar 17 with 2841 viewsitfcjoe

....so we can start blaming him and Chambers properly again for everything.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 08:17 - Mar 17 with 2538 viewschrismakin

Can we not discuss their failings as they are senior players?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 08:20 - Mar 17 with 2514 viewsBiGDonnie

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 08:17 - Mar 17 by chrismakin

Were happy to see him in the starting line up last night?

Also I haven’t seen Chambers blamed for much? He was however mentioned on here the other day for player of the season by a number of posters...

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 08:20 - Mar 17 with 2509 viewswaveneyblue

Couldn't agree more. Anyone who thinks the issues can be solved by getting rid of these two are delusional.
Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 08:21 - Mar 17 with 2506 viewsDubtractor

In fairness, Skuse was miles off it last night.

No great surprise, given his long absence, but its not an unfair observation to say he was poor.

Of course, no one was anything other than poor last night....

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 08:21 - Mar 17 with 2504 viewsitfcjoe

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 08:17 - Mar 17 by chrismakin

Of course, but a player playing his first game for a year, when only in because someone injured and sadly looked not ready for the full 90 minutes, isn't why we are where we are.

Our attacking players just do not contribute at all - had Chambers and Skuse been exceptional yesterday all we'd have done was draw 0-0

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 08:21 - Mar 17 with 2502 viewsDanTheMan

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 08:20 - Mar 17 by BiGDonnie

Also I haven’t seen Chambers blamed for much? He was however mentioned on here the other day for player of the season by a number of posters...

Chambers has been lambasted all season on here by a few people.

Skuse has been getting criticism when he hasn't even been playing...

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 08:21 - Mar 17 with 2501 viewstrncbluearmy

to be fair they are both past it.

Very much thank you for your efforts now jog on, but they are not alone
Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 08:21 - Mar 17 with 2491 viewsBiGDonnie

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 08:20 - Mar 17 by BiGDonnie

Meant to reply to the op...

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 08:23 - Mar 17 with 2474 viewsitfcjoe

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 08:21 - Mar 17 by Dubtractor

In fairness, Skuse was miles off it last night.

No great surprise, given his long absence, but its not an unfair observation to say he was poor.

Of course, no one was anything other than poor last night....

He was woeful, no doubt - clearly wasn't ready to start but forced into it by Downes and Nolan injuries and Huws seemingly early retirement - a shame McGavin is bench-warming at Ayr United.

I've put player ratings in another thread - but for me you are talking a couple of players getting 5 out of 10, a couple getting 4/10 and the rest below that - you simply can't win games if everyone plays so poorly, it happened at Gillingham too

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 08:25 - Mar 17 with 2455 viewsStewart27

I think people are just fed up with them both playing major parts in our demise over the last few seasons.

Thanks but no thanks.

These contract extensions need knocking on the head. They haven’t been the worst I’ve seen, they’ve just epitomised the mediocracy that runs through our club.

Chambers’ leadership is woefully missing this season also.
Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 08:27 - Mar 17 with 2437 viewstextbackup

the whole blaming/loving skuse and chambers has been done to death, and its boring.

they aren't sht players, they are extremely limited, but can put in a decent shift occasionally.

speaks volumes about what a poor squad we have that chambers is probably up there in the top 2/3 better players this season.

no doubting skuse adds something to the midfield, as someone coming on when we are 1-0 up away from home.

its mad we don't have anyone else to step up and help the older players out.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 08:28 - Mar 17 with 2430 viewsGlasgowBlue

Chambers needs a rest. Surely you can see that?

He is getting beaten for pace by opposition sidemen every game. It’s as if he’s being targeted by the opposition managers. He was no where near the play when Fleetwood scored their second.

Skuse is a straight swap for Downes but hasn’t played any football since last season. It will take him a game or two to get back but we need someone like him in the starting eleven.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 9:01]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 08:33 - Mar 17 with 2403 viewstrncbluearmy

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 08:25 - Mar 17 by Stewart27

I think people are just fed up with them both playing major parts in our demise over the last few seasons.

Thanks but no thanks.

These contract extensions need knocking on the head. They haven’t been the worst I’ve seen, they’ve just epitomised the mediocracy that runs through our club.

Chambers’ leadership is woefully missing this season also.

Chambers has been a good player for ITFC sometimes shining in a ocean of mediocrity but his body language now is awful.
He`s had enough of losing he wants out and that`s fair enough.
Skuse was starting to struggle before his injury, he is finished now. ITFC cannot build a future on these two.
But there are plenty of others who should be on there way as well.
Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 08:33 - Mar 17 with 2398 viewsitfcjoe

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 08:27 - Mar 17 by textbackup

the whole blaming/loving skuse and chambers has been done to death, and its boring.

they aren't sht players, they are extremely limited, but can put in a decent shift occasionally.

speaks volumes about what a poor squad we have that chambers is probably up there in the top 2/3 better players this season.

no doubting skuse adds something to the midfield, as someone coming on when we are 1-0 up away from home.

its mad we don't have anyone else to step up and help the older players out.

Skuse was getting phased out of the team last season, and here we are - a load of CMs who can't stay fit and he has to be rushed back into the team.

We concentrate so much on the defensive players the attackers get a free ride of things - we had one shot before the 94th minute and that was Ward getting up there - it's mentally bad

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 08:35 - Mar 17 with 2378 viewsportmanking

They are not the root cause of our demise. HOWEVER...

They are part of the malaise and downgraded expectations/mentality that's been allowed to seep into every facet of this club. They've been here 8-10 years now respectively. Isn't it fair to suggest that the squad just needs new voices and dynamics if we're ever to move forward from our Championship relegation?
Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 08:38 - Mar 17 with 2365 viewstextbackup

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 08:33 - Mar 17 by itfcjoe

Skuse was getting phased out of the team last season, and here we are - a load of CMs who can't stay fit and he has to be rushed back into the team.

We concentrate so much on the defensive players the attackers get a free ride of things - we had one shot before the 94th minute and that was Ward getting up there - it's mentally bad

yep, im sure even skuse would admit he is a bit part player. needed in times, like Saturday, when we were getting over run, and he sures things up a bit.

judge, Jackson, Drain etc, just utter sht with nothing about them.

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 08:38 - Mar 17 with 2356 viewsHerbivore

When you look at our squad and think of all the players we have that can play in that three off the main striker it is utterly baffling how not one of them seems capable of producing anything. You can pick three from: Judge, Edwards, Parrott, Bennetts, Harrop, Thomas, Dobra, Lankester, and Sears. Nine players competing for three spots, ten if we want to include Bishop as a potential number 10. And yet we can't get a tune out of any of them.

Part of the problem is the lack of coaching from Lambert and the constant chopping and changing. You get parachuted in for a game or two then bombed out just as quickly. Not one of them is really in any kind of form which is a nightmare when those players make up about a quarter of our squad and are central to how Cook wants us to play.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 09:07 - Mar 17 with 2209 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Agree. All things considered our defence has not been the worst - only 5 teams have conceded less than us this season and three of them are above us. I don't rate Holy at all but he has a huge number of clean sheets. And as you say - Skuse having to play 90 last night after not playing for a year, is shocking man-management by Lambert basically. Sending McGavin out, Huws seemingly gone already who knows where, and Nolan frozen out before getting injured.

You look at the attacking stats - only three teams in the whole division have scored less than us. We are sitting seventh and we have scored the 4th lowest in the division - even the whipping boys at the bottom of the table have scored more! And a bunch of our goals came in the first 10 games. Other than Norwood who has barely featured and early season edwards our attackers have been so, so poor.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 09:10 - Mar 17 with 2186 viewsBluefish

Quite incredible the number of threads started about Skuse and Chambers last night. Of all the players on the pitch Skuse has the biggest excuse but the fact remains it wasn't those 2 causing the failing. We were 0/10 across the forward line and it doesn't get better than a 4/10 anywhere

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 10:08 - Mar 17 with 2087 viewstextbackup

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 09:10 - Mar 17 by Bluefish

Quite incredible the number of threads started about Skuse and Chambers last night. Of all the players on the pitch Skuse has the biggest excuse but the fact remains it wasn't those 2 causing the failing. We were 0/10 across the forward line and it doesn't get better than a 4/10 anywhere

can you remember an Ipswich town team that has had less shots in games as this lot?

I certainly cant

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 10:11 - Mar 17 with 2071 viewsBluefish

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 10:08 - Mar 17 by textbackup

can you remember an Ipswich town team that has had less shots in games as this lot?

I certainly cant

We just don't gamble enough to create and I can't understand why. It is like there is such a fear in the team. We pass for the sake of it but one of my other big frustrations is when we play a pass to a team mate that adds nothing for us, we play lazy passes into corners where the recipient really can't do anything with it

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 10:14 - Mar 17 with 2066 viewsMrTown

Great servants, limited footballers, who put in good games 1 in every 5.

Just two more footballers you can't trust out of this squad.

Equally as tedious as the ones on here blaming the pair for everything under the sun, are the ones who come on here defending them until the cows come home in hope one day they might shag em.

All very monotonous.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 10:15 - Mar 17 with 2053 viewsBluefish

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 10:14 - Mar 17 by MrTown

Great servants, limited footballers, who put in good games 1 in every 5.

Just two more footballers you can't trust out of this squad.

Equally as tedious as the ones on here blaming the pair for everything under the sun, are the ones who come on here defending them until the cows come home in hope one day they might shag em.

All very monotonous.

Did you ever get a shag from PRP?

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 10:25 - Mar 17 with 2015 viewstextbackup

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 10:11 - Mar 17 by Bluefish

We just don't gamble enough to create and I can't understand why. It is like there is such a fear in the team. We pass for the sake of it but one of my other big frustrations is when we play a pass to a team mate that adds nothing for us, we play lazy passes into corners where the recipient really can't do anything with it

I know we are in a different world to Leicester, but they were showing them on MOTD, and something like 90% of their goals come from 3/4 passes. the passes have real intent, played into clever areas, and players know where to run.

our lot, as you say, pass in stupid areas that you can see will end in a throw in.

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 10:26 - Mar 17 with 2007 viewsMrTown

Good to have Skuse back in the team..... on 10:15 - Mar 17 by Bluefish

Did you ever get a shag from PRP?

No, too busy dipping Mrs Fisher.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024