Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! 09:15 - Mar 17 with 2168 viewsWallingford_Boy

Games left are a lot harder than they appear on paper, relegation race is wide open!

I said when Cook was appointed 8th for us and rebuild in the summer (Evans will have to back him) and see how he goes next year with his own team.

The one he has inherited is nowhere near good enough.

Anyway, football eh?! Have a good Wednesday all.

RIP Sir Bobby

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:16 - Mar 17 with 1824 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Think we'll still do it. Our run-in is super easy compared to everybody around us, even with the way we play sometimes. We'll finish 6th.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:17 - Mar 17 with 1822 viewsWallingford_Boy

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:16 - Mar 17 by JammyDodgerrr

Think we'll still do it. Our run-in is super easy compared to everybody around us, even with the way we play sometimes. We'll finish 6th.

"Super easy" hehe.

I hope you are right!

RIP Sir Bobby

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:18 - Mar 17 with 1818 viewsJ2BLUE

On paper we should be able to beat those teams. Then you remember that it's also a mental battle and you become a lot less confident. We've been a gift to teams who need a win for a long time now.

Portsmouth get to unwrap three points on Saturday. Hope i'm wrong but when the tough gets going at Town they all hide.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:18 - Mar 17 with 1805 viewsGuthrum

Yes, still reckon we have a decent chance. Whether we'd win them is another matter, but the practice would be useful.

Cook is still exploring what is his best team, plus Downes and, more importantly, Norwood were out yesterday. We'll just have to see how it goes. Was never likely to be a smooth path, this is Ipswich Town, after all.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:18 - Mar 17 with 1797 viewsclive_baker

Playoffs, yes. We won’t win them though.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:21 - Mar 17 with 1784 viewsMattinLondon

Of course the playoffs are still in reach. This division is like the championship in terms that anyone can beat anyone. There’s no real quality in this division so anything can happen.
Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:22 - Mar 17 with 1779 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I fancy us to make the playoffs, but I don't fancy us at all to win them.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:22 - Mar 17 with 1777 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:17 - Mar 17 by Wallingford_Boy

"Super easy" hehe.

I hope you are right!

Well, it is. Fleetwood was the hardest game left. We will probably draw against Portsmouth, but other than that, our run-in is incredibly generous and if we don't make at least the play-offs from here, it would be a significant failing.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:23 - Mar 17 with 1766 viewsWallingford_Boy

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:21 - Mar 17 by MattinLondon

Of course the playoffs are still in reach. This division is like the championship in terms that anyone can beat anyone. There’s no real quality in this division so anything can happen.

Off course they are in reach, just not sure we have the fight in us to make it.

RIP Sir Bobby

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:23 - Mar 17 with 1764 viewsWallingford_Boy

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:18 - Mar 17 by Guthrum

Yes, still reckon we have a decent chance. Whether we'd win them is another matter, but the practice would be useful.

Cook is still exploring what is his best team, plus Downes and, more importantly, Norwood were out yesterday. We'll just have to see how it goes. Was never likely to be a smooth path, this is Ipswich Town, after all.

We have to get used to no Downes!

RIP Sir Bobby

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:23 - Mar 17 with 1759 viewsnoggin

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:17 - Mar 17 by Wallingford_Boy

"Super easy" hehe.

I hope you are right!

He's not.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:24 - Mar 17 with 1745 viewshaynes_toe1

Our squad should be in the play-offs no doubt. And certainly that was partially why Lambert was sacked. I don't think Cook should be afforded no responsibility on trying to achieve that. He didn't take over with a massive points haul to make up. If the-worst-manager-of-recent-times Lambert can keep us in touching distance of the playoffs then Cook should definitely get us in there, if he's half as good as some on here think.
Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:27 - Mar 17 with 1735 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:22 - Mar 17 by JammyDodgerrr

Well, it is. Fleetwood was the hardest game left. We will probably draw against Portsmouth, but other than that, our run-in is incredibly generous and if we don't make at least the play-offs from here, it would be a significant failing.

I'm just going to remind you that Gillingham tonked us, we were under pressure for large parts against Plymouth and Lincoln and if it hadn't been for a sending off against Accrington we were looking in trouble too.

None of our recent games in our upturn in form have been particularly convincing performances.

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:30 - Mar 17 with 1719 viewsPique

I think we’ll finish 7th.

A big rebuild job in the summer, as you say. But if Evans is still here then Cook won’t get any funding, and it’ll be another round of loans, punts and freebies.
Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:39 - Mar 17 with 1681 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:27 - Mar 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

I'm just going to remind you that Gillingham tonked us, we were under pressure for large parts against Plymouth and Lincoln and if it hadn't been for a sending off against Accrington we were looking in trouble too.

None of our recent games in our upturn in form have been particularly convincing performances.

I do not disagree with you on that. I'm just pointing out that we *should* make the play-offs given this run in, our squad, and our new manager. I don't think the Gillingham loss was much a shock, they have been beating people with ease recently. Scored three times in 4 of their last 5 games.

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:44 - Mar 17 with 1672 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:30 - Mar 17 by Pique

I think we’ll finish 7th.

A big rebuild job in the summer, as you say. But if Evans is still here then Cook won’t get any funding, and it’ll be another round of loans, punts and freebies.

8th.

Freebies coming in as Evans won't pay fees. We'll get our 3rd or 4th choices as more forward thinking clubs will be in for the better players and as a result our squad, over all, will be weakened.

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:54 - Mar 17 with 1633 viewsMattinLondon

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:23 - Mar 17 by Wallingford_Boy

Off course they are in reach, just not sure we have the fight in us to make it.

We are where we are by being mainly awful. I’m hoping that Cook is hoping to get a tad more out from them which should see us in the playoffs.
Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:55 - Mar 17 with 1629 viewsTieDyedIn95

I said 7th from the start of the season and I still think that's the best finish this squad can manage. It certainly hasn't improved recently!

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 10:04 - Mar 17 with 1611 viewsGuthrum

But if we don't have Downes (agree, a by no means unlikely scenario), then we need to replace the hole he leaves in the team. Something Cook hasn't really had the chance to do yet*.

* Including enough training time to rework the formation to compensate, let alone new hirings.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 10:26 - Mar 17 with 1563 viewsclive_baker

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:44 - Mar 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

8th.

Freebies coming in as Evans won't pay fees. We'll get our 3rd or 4th choices as more forward thinking clubs will be in for the better players and as a result our squad, over all, will be weakened.

Freebies isn’t a problem, there will be enough of them about. Cook’s job will be about finding the right ones who are up for the fight.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 10:28 - Mar 17 with 1549 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 10:26 - Mar 17 by clive_baker

Freebies isn’t a problem, there will be enough of them about. Cook’s job will be about finding the right ones who are up for the fight.

And convincing them to come here. To a club in decline for a decade.

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 10:41 - Mar 17 with 1520 viewsHerbivore

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 09:27 - Mar 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

Although the likes of Gillingham and Lincoln are a fair bit higher in the league than the majority of the sides we have left to play. I agree performances have been unconvincing for a long time, but given the sides we have left to play it shouldn't need that much of an upturn in performances to give us a decent chance of finishing 6th.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 10:43 - Mar 17 with 1514 viewsHerbivore

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 10:28 - Mar 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

And convincing them to come here. To a club in decline for a decade.

I imagine most players see us as a big club at this level that pays decent wages. Norwood came here ahead of offers from the Championship on that basis. We won't have an issue attracting players in the summer.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 10:44]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 10:56 - Mar 17 with 1470 viewstextbackup

what we saying, we need 75 points to make the PO?

based on that we need another 21 points, from the remaining 36 up for grabs.

are we really capable of 7 wins from 12? or 5 wins and 6 draws?

I don't see it personally

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 11:52 - Mar 17 with 1386 viewsJ2BLUE

Who cares? He wants out and he's hardly setting league one alight is he?

If we can get £3m for him then job done.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024