Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Sat 10:56 - Mar 17 with 1479 viewsHackneyblueboy

Cornell
Mattheson Chambers Wilson Ward
Bishop Judge
Parrot
Lankaster Norwood Bennetts

I feel like we might see a few changes on Saturday. The full backs need freshing up. Don't think he'll drop Chambers though so maybe he'll move inside.

Central midfield looking very bare without Downes and Nolan.

Team for Sat on 11:05 - Mar 17 with 1425 viewsBluefish

We might score 1 but we'd let in at least 4

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Team for Sat on 11:07 - Mar 17 with 1421 viewsStokieBlue

Seems a bit harsh to drop Jackson given he's looked OK when he's had service and he had absolutely none yesterday.

Judge as a DM is ridiculous.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Team for Sat on 11:10 - Mar 17 with 1406 viewsBluefish

Team for Sat on 11:07 - Mar 17 by StokieBlue

Seems a bit harsh to drop Jackson given he's looked OK when he's had service and he had absolutely none yesterday.

SB

He has done nothing. He is so out of place in out system and is so limited that the whole team would have to adjust for him opposed to him adjusting

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Team for Sat on 11:10 - Mar 17 with 1406 viewsHackneyblueboy

SB

What 3 would you play in the middle? Skuse can't play again surely, not sure Huws is going to be sharp. Dozell definately needs a rest and not sure Harrop has justified a start.
Team for Sat on 11:14 - Mar 17 with 1388 viewsStewart27

Parrot isn’t a number 10. Judge is. Get judge behind the front man. I guess we have to keep Dozzell playing deep and would probably give Kenlock another chance
Team for Sat on 11:16 - Mar 17 with 1374 viewsParky

Why do so many people include Jack Lankester in their teams as a starter, am I missing something?

With what is available this is what I’d go for:

Holy

Matheson
Nsiala
Wilson
Kenlock

Dozzell
Bishop

Jackson
Judge
Parrot

Norwood
Team for Sat on 11:18 - Mar 17 with 1363 viewsrickw

I'd like to see Woolfenden given a chance, tbh none of our players deserve to keep their places after last night!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Team for Sat on 11:21 - Mar 17 with 1355 viewsStokieBlue

Team for Sat on 11:10 - Mar 17 by Bluefish

He has done nothing. He is so out of place in out system and is so limited that the whole team would have to adjust for him opposed to him adjusting

I don't think that's fair, against Plymouth he was good and very much in the game. Yesterday no forward would have been in the game as it was continually lumped up to two giant centre backs.

He should be played in a two but that seems unlikely to happen. Norwood is going to get sent off very soon with the way he is behaving on the pitch although he was playing well before this lay off.

Cook either needs to adjust the system or accept that we aren't going to be any good because the players we have don't fit the system at the moment and need far more training to play it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Team for Sat on 11:23 - Mar 17 with 1338 viewsCheltenham_Blue

SB

As is Bishop

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Team for Sat on 11:42 - Mar 17 with 1297 viewsStockholmBlue

Could Wolfenden do a job as a defensive CM now when Downes is out. We do need a bit more steel in there i believe.

Ipswich Town FC since 1981

Team for Sat on 11:45 - Mar 17 with 1272 viewshype313

Team for Sat on 11:16 - Mar 17 by Parky

Why do so many people include Jack Lankester in their teams as a starter, am I missing something?

With what is available this is what I’d go for:

Holy

Matheson
Nsiala
Wilson
Kenlock

Dozzell
Bishop

Jackson
Judge
Parrot

Norwood

That midfield would get steamrolled.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Team for Sat on 12:02 - Mar 17 with 1239 viewsGuthrum

Holy/Cornell (interchangeable)
Chambers - Nsiala - Wilson - Kenlock
Skuse
Edwards - Judge - Jackson
Parrott - Norwood

Trust the backline, maximum goalscoring capability*.

* a relative term

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Team for Sat on 12:28 - Mar 17 with 1164 viewsParky

Team for Sat on 11:45 - Mar 17 by hype313

That midfield would get steamrolled.

We don’t really have much more choice, do we? I can’t see Skuse starting again, so who else have we got?
Team for Sat on 12:29 - Mar 17 with 1159 viewsTieDyedIn95

SB

Looked okay?

He hasn't looked like scoring and has less going for him than Bennett's has, at least he creates a bit of a threat. Jackson isn't interested.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Team for Sat on 12:45 - Mar 17 with 1133 viewsBlueySwede

Don´t get fans that think Holy is one of our biggest problems. And Cornell??!
Anyway, playing FM21:
Holy
Chambers Woolfenden Wilson Ward
Lankester Huws Bishop Judge Dozzell
Norwood
Team for Sat on 12:54 - Mar 17 with 1100 viewspointofblue

Team for Sat on 12:28 - Mar 17 by Parky

We don’t really have much more choice, do we? I can’t see Skuse starting again, so who else have we got?

There is that suggestion of playing Woolfenden as the defensive midfielder. I have no idea if it’d work but he can’t be any worse that yesterday’s bunch.

Holy

Matheson
Chambers
Wilson
Ward

Woolfenden
Bishop

Dobra
Judge
Edwards (??? - goodness knows who plays here)

Parrott

Subs: Cornell, Kenlock, Skuse, Dozzell, Bennetts, Lankester, Jackson

Norwood plays up front with Parrott on the bench instead of probably Lankester if fit.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 13:12]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Team for Sat on 13:00 - Mar 17 with 1079 viewsPlums

Team for Sat on 11:42 - Mar 17 by StockholmBlue

Could Wolfenden do a job as a defensive CM now when Downes is out. We do need a bit more steel in there i believe.

This crossed my mind yesterday. I think he may have played there before - perhaps not for the first team?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Team for Sat on 13:05 - Mar 17 with 1063 viewsChrisd

Team for Sat on 11:21 - Mar 17 by StokieBlue

I don't think that's fair, against Plymouth he was good and very much in the game. Yesterday no forward would have been in the game as it was continually lumped up to two giant centre backs.

He should be played in a two but that seems unlikely to happen. Norwood is going to get sent off very soon with the way he is behaving on the pitch although he was playing well before this lay off.

Cook either needs to adjust the system or accept that we aren't going to be any good because the players we have don't fit the system at the moment and need far more training to play it.

SB

Jackson was ok against Plymouth, nothing more. If we are playing the lone striker, which Cook likes, then it has to be Norwood starting, when available. There's many that don't like him, but he's the best fit for that role by a country mile out of all our striker options. To be fair, Jackson does look so much better in a front two, but he's certainly not a wide a player either and I wouldn't be looking to shoehorn him in to accommodate him. Just hope that PC doesn't fall into the trap of playing players out of position to get them in the side. Play round pegs in round holes. Play wingers in the wide roles and I'd play Judge in that No. 10 position behind Norwood and start Parrott on the bench against Portsmouth.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024