Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This squad is an embarrassment 10:56 - Mar 17 with 2229 viewsBlueBlood90

I'm still seething at that display last night and there's genuinely not a single player that I would be bothered about leaving the club.

No spine, no fight, no passion, no quality, no anything!

In my opinion, if we were somehow able to achieve promotion this season then we'd either be humiliated every week (again) next season or in desperate need of an entirely new squad.

The only saving grace is I think Paul Cook comes across really well and I'm confident he can sort this mess out long term.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

This squad is an embarrassment on 11:00 - Mar 17 with 2188 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Either way there's going to be huge change in the Summer isn't there.

For the first time ever, perhaps with the exception of Downes and Dozzell, I genuinely wouldn't care at all if the entire squad moved on.
This squad is an embarrassment on 11:03 - Mar 17 with 2165 viewshype313

This squad is an embarrassment on 11:00 - Mar 17 by PrideOfTheEast

For the first time ever, perhaps with the exception of Downes and Dozzell, I genuinely wouldn't care at all if the entire squad moved on.

Yep, I tend to agree, I was prepared to give a few the benefit of the doubt when Cook came in, but the fact that we have an infectious new man at the helm and a number are still stinking out the place tells you all you need to know.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

This squad is an embarrassment on 11:05 - Mar 17 with 2143 viewsSE1blue

This squad is an embarrassment on 11:00 - Mar 17 by PrideOfTheEast

Is there? Who is going to fund it?

Evans has offered nothing in the past decade to suggest that Cook will get anything.

Players might be falling out of contract but I’m sure we’ll offer them new ones to avoid actually having to invest in scouting or new permanent contracts for fresh players.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

This squad is an embarrassment on 11:05 - Mar 17 with 2147 viewsbelgablue

I couldn’t believe what I was watching, but obviously I could. Four games under a new manager and none of them appear even remotely bothered. The squad is rotten and when things are rotten you have to cut out the rot. For me, Downes is the only player I’d be fussed about keeping, the rest are easily dispensable

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

This squad is an embarrassment on 11:06 - Mar 17 with 2138 viewsclive_baker

Cook will sort them out if he's given the time and tools he needs. I trust Evans to give him the time, but I'm less confident on the latter.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

This squad is an embarrassment on 11:11 - Mar 17 with 2095 viewsStewart27

This squad is an embarrassment on 11:05 - Mar 17 by SE1blue

Evans has offered nothing in the past decade to suggest that Cook will get anything.

Players might be falling out of contract but I’m sure we’ll offer them new ones to avoid actually having to invest in scouting or new permanent contracts for fresh players.

Skusey and Chambo will get a year extension.
This squad is an embarrassment on 11:14 - Mar 17 with 2062 viewsPrideOfTheEast

This squad is an embarrassment on 11:05 - Mar 17 by SE1blue

Simply not true is it.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 11:15]
This squad is an embarrassment on 11:16 - Mar 17 with 2040 viewsnoggin

This squad is an embarrassment on 11:05 - Mar 17 by belgablue

I couldn’t believe what I was watching, but obviously I could. Four games under a new manager and none of them appear even remotely bothered. The squad is rotten and when things are rotten you have to cut out the rot. For me, Downes is the only player I’d be fussed about keeping, the rest are easily dispensable

I agree 100%

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

This squad is an embarrassment on 11:16 - Mar 17 with 2041 viewsSE1blue

This squad is an embarrassment on 11:11 - Mar 17 by Stewart27

Skusey and Chambo will get a year extension.

I fully expect Sears to be part of any takeover.

“So here’s the keys for the stadium, the training ground and we’ve thrown in this guy who can’t score and bruises more easily than a peach”.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

This squad is an embarrassment on 11:41 - Mar 17 with 1938 viewsBlueForYou

Didnt see the match, listened to it on Radio Suffolk. It was a very dull & uninspiring listen, with a bitter & rather depressing morning after feeling. To hear that the takover is off & then to play as badly as that makes for a very rough week. Some right morons on the FB page. Who would I keep? KVY, Donacien, Wilson, Woolfenden, Kenlock, Downes, Lankester, McGavin, Dobra, Nydam, Bishop, & possibly Norwood. Need a totally revamped forward line & new players everywhere else. Surely Evans will give Cooky enough cash to at least do something?
This squad is an embarrassment on 12:06 - Mar 17 with 1874 viewsIllinoisblue

I have nothing but anger and resentment towards them. That performance last night will go down in Ipswich history as one of the worst ever, given what a statement a win would have made.

But no, our blue shirted cowards waved the white flag yet again.

Blow it all up, Cook, spare nobody.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

This squad is an embarrassment on 12:20 - Mar 17 with 1817 viewstetchris

Although as O’Neil has publicly stated recently that town pay good wages, the problem is we will need to buy players rather than just rely on picking up free transfers. A massive clear out at the end of the system with drastically reduce the wage bill but money will need to be invested to buy better quality players. We also can’t rely on loans.
This squad is an embarrassment on 12:43 - Mar 17 with 1758 viewsMillsey

My main issue among many last night is the player’s inability to actual control a ball, which is a basic part of football, ruddy unbelievable 🤬
This squad is an embarrassment on 13:01 - Mar 17 with 1695 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

This squad is an embarrassment on 12:43 - Mar 17 by Millsey

My main issue among many last night is the player’s inability to actual control a ball, which is a basic part of football, ruddy unbelievable 🤬

Oh come on. They've only been playing football since they were about 6 years old.

Plenty of time for all that control nonsense later.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

This squad is an embarrassment on 13:04 - Mar 17 with 1682 viewsDubtractor

This squad is an embarrassment on 12:43 - Mar 17 by Millsey

Yep. Was unbelievable how bad we were at absolute basics last night.

We need to spend all of Thursday practicing controlling the bloody football by Dubtractor 16 Mar 2021 21:27
Amazing how poor our first touch has been tonight.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

This squad is an embarrassment on 13:05 - Mar 17 with 1672 viewsfooters

This squad is an embarrassment on 13:01 - Mar 17 by You_Bloo_Right

Oh come on. They've only been playing football since they were about 6 years old.

Plenty of time for all that control nonsense later.

In fairness, the balls don't help with control either, being round and all.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This squad is an embarrassment on 13:10 - Mar 17 with 1632 viewsMetal_Hacker

This squad is an embarrassment on 13:05 - Mar 17 by footers

In fairness, the balls don't help with control either, being round and all.

Bring back square balls I say

Poll: If it were one or the other

This squad is an embarrassment on 13:20 - Mar 17 with 1588 viewsIllinoisblue

This squad is an embarrassment on 13:04 - Mar 17 by Dubtractor

Yep. Was unbelievable how bad we were at absolute basics last night.

We need to spend all of Thursday practicing controlling the bloody football by Dubtractor 16 Mar 2021 21:27
Amazing how poor our first touch has been tonight.

Also very noticeable v Gillingham; so many times a poor first touch led to ball being given away. Must be the L1 pitches making life hard for our boys in blue.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

This squad is an embarrassment on 13:28 - Mar 17 with 1553 viewsHerbivore

This squad is an embarrassment on 12:20 - Mar 17 by tetchris

Although as O’Neil has publicly stated recently that town pay good wages, the problem is we will need to buy players rather than just rely on picking up free transfers. A massive clear out at the end of the system with drastically reduce the wage bill but money will need to be invested to buy better quality players. We also can’t rely on loans.

You don't need to spend money on fees to build a capable sqaud at this level.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This squad is an embarrassment on 15:52 - Mar 17 with 1415 viewsBlueBlood90

This squad is an embarrassment on 12:06 - Mar 17 by Illinoisblue

I have nothing but anger and resentment towards them. That performance last night will go down in Ipswich history as one of the worst ever, given what a statement a win would have made.

But no, our blue shirted cowards waved the white flag yet again.

Blow it all up, Cook, spare nobody.

My feelings exactly!

If I was Paul Cook I would be absolutely insulted at that performance last night. If that was their levels of how much they care about promotion and wanting to impress their new manager then they should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

I'm sure Cook is just biding his time and making an assessment on everybody before dishing out a few home truths if this continues. He didn't have to come out and protect the players last night so they owe him on Saturday.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

This squad is an embarrassment on 16:04 - Mar 17 with 1385 viewsjayessess

Notable also that this was a line-up with 4 over-30s, plus another 4 senior pros, none of whom are going to suddenly going to discover another level.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024