Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? Revisited. 12:33 - Mar 17 with 917 viewsNthQldITFC

Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? Revisited.

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? Revisited. on 12:33 - Mar 17 with 905 viewsNthQldITFC

I thought I would try a very similar poll to one which had a reasonable response before Lambert left and whilst the takeover looked very much on, to see how opinions have changed.

I have removed the ‘change manager’ options as that is not relevant now, and redistributed those votes proportionately amongst the other options. Have also added a ‘business as usual’ option

Original poll results
1. Takeover - don't care who, or what track record is - 13% (14% with 5. and 6. removed)
2. Takeover - somewhat nervous though - 41% (45%)
3. Evans - if he somehow invests heavily - 5% (6%)
4. Evans - moderate investment, revamp structure - 32% (35%)
5. Evans - if he just changes manager - 3%
6. Evans - keep Lambert (I'm not mad you know) - 7%

I guess this will give a (very) rough feel for whether Evans ought to feel that in doing well to get in a manager we are generally very pleased with, he has any cause to think there might be a case for him to cling on here in the hope of success.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 12:47]

Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? Revisited. on 12:38 - Mar 17 with 875 viewsJ2BLUE

Despite the attempt from some to try and make it look like I am willing to take any risk I went for takeover, somewhat nervous.

I'd have liked an 'after considering it, I am in favour of the takeover' option.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? Revisited. on 12:40 - Mar 17 with 861 viewsTieDyedIn95

Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? Revisited. on 12:38 - Mar 17 by J2BLUE

Despite the attempt from some to try and make it look like I am willing to take any risk I went for takeover, somewhat nervous.

I'd have liked an 'after considering it, I am in favour of the takeover' option.

I'd rather wind the club up than see a decade more of this in League One under Evans.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? Revisited. on 12:41 - Mar 17 with 856 viewsGuthrum

I'm neither "don't care" nor "nervous". Some sort of takeover would be advantageous, if they are the right people. But I'd rather stick with Evans than just going for anybody whatever their experience, knowlege and financial backing.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? Revisited. on 12:42 - Mar 17 with 842 viewsJ2BLUE

Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? Revisited. on 12:40 - Mar 17 by TieDyedIn95

I'd rather wind the club up than see a decade more of this in League One under Evans.

Then you are no true Ipswich fan.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? Revisited. on 13:00 - Mar 17 with 805 viewsWeWereZombies

Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? Revisited. on 12:40 - Mar 17 by TieDyedIn95

Dare I mention Burnley? No, I have not gone house hunting, well not in or near Burnley anyway. But Town have not yet had anything like the thirty five years in the wilderness that Burnley experienced...and yet they are surviving in the Premier League and somewhat admired for their not so hyped up but effective approach to the game. Either Evans will go or he will finally get his ship together and regenerate our club. There is no need to talk about winding the club up just because we are suffering the lot of half of league clubs (and the many who have fallen out of the top divisions altogether) in finding out that other clubs want to win games and that we have no almighty right to be back where we belong without putting in the necessary effort and forethought.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnley_F.C.#Near_oblivion_and_recovery_(1976%E2%8

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? Revisited. on 13:07 - Mar 17 with 785 viewsTieDyedIn95

Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? Revisited. on 12:42 - Mar 17 by J2BLUE

Then you are no true Ipswich fan.

But what next League Two........non-league? Where does it end.

I have supported Ipswich all my life, I have tons of great memories supporting Ipswich but seeing the club utterly humiliated with no hope, no future, players who couldn't give a toss, managers coming and going, a ground slowly rotting and a playing surface that's starting to look like it would shame a Ruby League outfit. Is that really Ipswich anymore?

I still have those memories. They cannot be taken away, but the club is in an absolute dire state with no future, none, while the status quo remains. Would you rather see us line up in non league football for the first time in however many years or to accept there is no saving it, no more happy memories, nothing?

Treading water in League One is infinitely worse than the Championship. Call me a fake fan all you want, it's because I really love the club that I don't want to see it go through that. If you just want to cheer 11 players in blue kits without caring what league they are in, or seeing it win anything there are plenty of options out there to do that. I only care about Ipswich Town.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81

Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? Revisited. on 13:14 - Mar 17 with 771 viewsTieDyedIn95

Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? Revisited. on 13:00 - Mar 17 by WeWereZombies

Dare I mention Burnley? No, I have not gone house hunting, well not in or near Burnley anyway. But Town have not yet had anything like the thirty five years in the wilderness that Burnley experienced...and yet they are surviving in the Premier League and somewhat admired for their not so hyped up but effective approach to the game. Either Evans will go or he will finally get his ship together and regenerate our club. There is no need to talk about winding the club up just because we are suffering the lot of half of league clubs (and the many who have fallen out of the top divisions altogether) in finding out that other clubs want to win games and that we have no almighty right to be back where we belong without putting in the necessary effort and forethought.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnley_F.C.#Near_oblivion_and_recovery_(1976%E2%8

They recovered long before the game was like this though and got back into the second division.

In the third and fourth tiers the threat of future wage caps will be above our heads, playing Premier League and Championship reserve teams in league fixtures will be a thing (we're already doing it in cups, and losing).

Burnley may have bounced back, but they got back into the Championship in what 2003? Made some shrewd signings and made it work. I cannot see Evans ever making it work, and if something is not done soon its going to be ever harder for a new administration to come in and turn it around.

I could take us as non-league if were fan owned though, at least there would be something to say well we're a small fan owned club doing our best to compete, as opposed to rotting, dropping and repeat under Evans.

We have no right to be in the Championship you may well say, I'd argue the only reason we're not in the Championship is because Marcus Evans is a terrible owner and that is that. The one manager he hired who was actually good he allowed to take the bullets and become public enemy number one essentially forcing him to get shot of him. He then says it was our fault he sacked a good manager before.

Evans out.

Login to get fewer ads

Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? Revisited. on 18:34 - Mar 17 with 674 viewsNthQldITFC

Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? Revisited. on 12:38 - Mar 17 by J2BLUE

I wanted to keep the options same as last time as far as possible, so you just have to pick the one closest . I see it as a fair bit of room in each option.

Fwiw I would say pretty much exactly the same as you, and I went for the 'somewhat nervous' option, the 'somewhat' I take to be anything from 'only slightly nervous' to 'pretty nervous but can't stomach staying with Evans so let's do it'.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 18:34]

Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? Revisited. on 14:42 - Mar 18 with 503 viewsNthQldITFC

On the basis of a very small sample size (76 first time round, and 46 this) and a modified set of questions, I would say tentatively that more people are in favour of a takeover now than were even before Lambert was removed, and of those who are in favour of a takeover there is less nervousness and more of a desire to just have it done.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024