Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before 13:36 - Mar 17 with 1610 viewsSmithy

he could sort the crap out. Seems pretty similar now, in that there are so many mentally weak players in this set up. The fact that both Chambers and Skuse continually get in the side speaks volumes for the rest of the squad and their voice or lack of.

The fact that so many go missing, will not go unnoticed by Cook and regardless of where we end up this season and massive revolving door is likely. Will Evans however back him, time to see who sinks or swims, at the moments it looks as though the majority will drown.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 13:45 - Mar 17 with 1567 viewshomer_123

We certainly don't tend to get a bounce when we change managers.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 14:06 - Mar 17 with 1515 viewsBlueBadger

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 13:45 - Mar 17 by homer_123

My pet theory in this is that it's because Evans allows his bad managers too much time and thus, bad habits, practices and mentalities are harder to work with as a result.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 14:06 - Mar 17 with 1513 viewsPique

I was at that Crystal Palace away game (Mick’s second in charge). My God it was awful. Team full of rubbish loanees that he’d inherited (Reo-Coker being among the worst), Palace’s front three of Zaha, Murray and Bolasie absolutely tore us a new one. Poor bloke must have wondered what the hell he’d taken on.

It got better though...
Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 14:10 - Mar 17 with 1502 viewsBlueBadger

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 14:06 - Mar 17 by Pique

I was at that Crystal Palace away game (Mick’s second in charge). My God it was awful. Team full of rubbish loanees that he’d inherited (Reo-Coker being among the worst), Palace’s front three of Zaha, Murray and Bolasie absolutely tore us a new one. Poor bloke must have wondered what the hell he’d taken on.

It got better though...

Point of order: Reo-Coker wasn't a loan, he was a short-term contract. I'm pretty sure he'd made secret of the fact that he was only here to get himself fit and then get a Prem/overseas club.

Obviously, he didn't achieve THAT.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 14:11]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 14:13 - Mar 17 with 1490 viewsPique

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 14:10 - Mar 17 by BlueBadger

Point of order: Reo-Coker wasn't a loan, he was a short-term contract. I'm pretty sure he'd made secret of the fact that he was only here to get himself fit and then get a Prem/overseas club.

Obviously, he didn't achieve THAT.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 14:11]

Oh yes, good point. Think he ended up in MLS or something didn’t he?

He was truly terrible here.
Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 14:20 - Mar 17 with 1462 viewsBlueBadger

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 14:13 - Mar 17 by Pique

He somehow managed to make players like JET and Paul Taylor look like warriors for the cause, such was his blatant level of disinterest. Yet, he somehow started 12 games.

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 14:22 - Mar 17 with 1452 viewsPique

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 14:20 - Mar 17 by BlueBadger

He somehow managed to make players like JET and Paul Taylor look like warriors for the cause, such was his blatant level of disinterest. Yet, he somehow started 12 games.

Just looked him up and he did get his overseas move...to Vancouver Whitecaps!
Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 14:28 - Mar 17 with 1427 viewsBseaBlue

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 14:06 - Mar 17 by BlueBadger

My pet theory in this is that it's because Evans allows his bad managers too much time and thus, bad habits, practices and mentalities are harder to work with as a result.

This! It is very evident that we are still suffering from the Shambert habbits! Add in the fact that with the constant games Saturday/Tuesday it's a far from ideal to change manager.

Ultimately the change should have happened in November and provides more evidence of Evans' incompetence which has got us to where we are. This takeover really needs to go through doesn't it......
Login to get fewer ads

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 14:33 - Mar 17 with 1410 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 13:45 - Mar 17 by homer_123

I don't know. Mick did despite those 2 thrashings. In his first 7 games Mick only got 2 more points at Cardiff than he got here, and everyone thinks he got off to a flyer there.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 14:35 - Mar 17 with 1401 viewsSteve_M

Despite those two results we generally did under MM.

We had one with Keane in two meaningless end of season games too, the sort of showy pointlessness that epitomised his time here.

Arguably under Lambert we had better performances - Preston, Reading, Bristol City - which would have seen a bounce had we defended half-way competently. That we didn't was in itself telling.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 14:37 - Mar 17 with 1391 viewsclive_baker

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 14:06 - Mar 17 by Pique

It got better though...

I was too, it was a 6-0 that could've been 9.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 14:44 - Mar 17 with 1358 viewsjayessess

Not sure why Chambers and Skuse get a pass on the "lack of voice" thing. They were as bad as anyone.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 15:23 - Mar 17 with 1286 viewsTieDyedIn95

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 14:06 - Mar 17 by BlueBadger

It wasn't just coaching with Mick coming in though. Mick signed Stearman, Tabb, and Didz to turn it around because he at least had a window. Classic Evans being Evans he allowed Lambert the window to make a handful of pointless loans before finally deciding to sack Lambert during what was a decent run...rather than beforehand because Lambert went on the radio and told everyone Evans was at fault for the clubs decline and failure, not him.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 15:59 - Mar 17 with 1224 viewsBlueBlood90

Skuse and Chambers need to be moved on this summer.

I'm not using them as scapegoats for our poor performance(s) and I respect them both for their service over the years but they are both quite clearly finished as footballers and their wages should be spent on recruiting better players in the summer.

We don't have room for sentimentality given our restricted budget.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 17:20 - Mar 17 with 1104 viewsistanblue

Are you seriously comparing losing to Leicester and Palace with losing to Gillingham and Fleetwood?
Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 17:26 - Mar 17 with 1086 viewsBlueBadger

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 17:20 - Mar 17 by istanblue

Are you seriously comparing losing to Leicester and Palace with losing to Gillingham and Fleetwood?

I think he's trying to say that even our best manager of the Evans era had some teething issues at first, because he inherited a bit of a mess too.

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 17:30 - Mar 17 with 1077 viewsRadlett_blue

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 14:13 - Mar 17 by Pique

Reo-Joker had a massively inflated idea of his own value. After he was relegated with Bolton, he activated a release clause, expecting the PL clubs to swarm around him as a free agent. They didn't, so he ended up at Town on a short term contract. A bit of a come down when he was only 28. Mick offered him an extension until the end of the season, which he rejected. He then spent a few years in MLS, an brief trail at Start in Norway & something similar at Milton Keynes.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 21:26 - Mar 17 with 927 viewschrismakin

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 14:33 - Mar 17 by Swansea_Blue

I don't know. Mick did despite those 2 thrashings. In his first 7 games Mick only got 2 more points at Cardiff than he got here, and everyone thinks he got off to a flyer there.

I would say though this 53 man squad is probably one if if not the worst squad in itfc history.

There is no starting 11 that could be named that inspires confidence of getting 3 points

Least for Mick when he came he had something to wring with and had the opportunity to had to it.

Poor Paul had got this sht to get through a qtr if a season with

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 21:31 - Mar 17 with 918 viewschrismakin

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 15:59 - Mar 17 by BlueBlood90

Skuse and Chambers need to be moved on this summer.

I'm not using them as scapegoats for our poor performance(s) and I respect them both for their service over the years but they are both quite clearly finished as footballers and their wages should be spent on recruiting better players in the summer.

We don't have room for sentimentality given our restricted budget.

I believe this club needs a fresh start and players like chambo and skuse have been part of the downfall of town. Clearly not directly their fault.. but neither of them come across as positive players and in games they are just part of the same problem. No passion or determination to win despite what they may say to the papers.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 22:22 - Mar 17 with 868 viewsGuthrum

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 17:20 - Mar 17 by istanblue

Yes, why not? At the time they were decent Championship sides and we were in the Championship. Gillingham and Fleetwood are decent League One sides and we're in League One (plus the scorelines weren't as bad as the former pair of games).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 00:09 - Mar 18 with 794 viewshaynes_toe1

Lets not forget MM had to endure a 0-5 and 0-6 before on 17:26 - Mar 17 by BlueBadger

I think he's trying to say that even our best manager of the Evans era had some teething issues at first, because he inherited a bit of a mess too.

Which is totally fair.

I've not really, contrary to what some think, been that critical of Cook. All I've said is so far we are yet to see any improvement in motivation, playing style, shape, subs, tactical awareness - just bits you can look out for from early on.

If we now go win the next five then we Will be in the playoffs and Cook will look like he's made an early impact on things. Overall the project is longer term but that shouldn't stop a half decent manager being able to instantly get a bit more out of a squad when the previous manager was deemed one of the worst in our history and disliked by players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024