Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
whats the deal with Wolf then? 14:21 - Mar 17 with 1102 viewstextbackup

case of Cook sticking with the 2 CBs that had won 3 on the bounce, or not seen enough of him in limited training time?
I lhalf wonder if he'd do a job in the DCM role, hate seeing players out of position, but in this instant it might work

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

whats the deal with Wolf then? on 14:24 - Mar 17 with 1073 viewsIllinoisblue

Been poor all season.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

whats the deal with Wolf then? on 14:26 - Mar 17 with 1065 viewsjayessess

I think Cook's trying to be fairly conservative with his team selections, in general. No time to work on anything, so any part of the team that's more or less functional, he's going to stick with it.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

whats the deal with Wolf then? on 14:32 - Mar 17 with 1033 viewsBlueBadger

whats the deal with Wolf then? on 14:26 - Mar 17 by jayessess

I think Cook's trying to be fairly conservative with his team selections, in general. No time to work on anything, so any part of the team that's more or less functional, he's going to stick with it.

I think the hefty schedule of matches really isn't helping him at all. As you say, he's got no real time to work with players. He's had what? 4? 5? Training sessions to work with player. Certainly not into double figures.

The failure to sack Lambert sooner has really f*u*c*k*e*d this season, hasn't it?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

whats the deal with Wolf then? on 14:35 - Mar 17 with 1018 viewsBlueBadger

whats the deal with Wolf then? on 14:24 - Mar 17 by Illinoisblue

Been poor all season.

In all fairness, he's a yong CB who's spent a lot of the season being expected to be the 'senior' partner played alongside arguably the most pointless signing of the season, McGuinness.

I suspect he'd have looked a lot better playing alongside any one of Nsiala, Wilson or Chambers.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

whats the deal with Wolf then? on 15:22 - Mar 17 with 922 viewsPinewoodblue

The U23's game next Tuesday would be a good opportunity for PC to have a good look at Woolfenden and McGuiness working together in a competitive game. Unfortunately it is away to Hull, evening game though.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

whats the deal with Wolf then? on 20:00 - Mar 17 with 750 viewsKeaneish

Fairly sure he’ll be back in soon. After a performance like that and a run of games without switching it up he’s now got perfect opportunity to make changes. I can’t see how a talent like Wolfenden will remain out of the side for long, no matter how poor his has been, he’s got a clean slate.

I fancy to Cook to make several changes soon and there’s a fair few who have been really poor since he took over, Edwards, Nsiala and Drinan for Lankester, Wolfenden and Norwood would be my guess unless he moves Chambers central.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

whats the deal with Wolf then? on 20:24 - Mar 17 with 697 viewsNthQldITFC

whats the deal with Wolf then? on 20:00 - Mar 17 by Keaneish

Fairly sure he’ll be back in soon. After a performance like that and a run of games without switching it up he’s now got perfect opportunity to make changes. I can’t see how a talent like Wolfenden will remain out of the side for long, no matter how poor his has been, he’s got a clean slate.

I fancy to Cook to make several changes soon and there’s a fair few who have been really poor since he took over, Edwards, Nsiala and Drinan for Lankester, Wolfenden and Norwood would be my guess unless he moves Chambers central.

He's got so much more potential, both long-term and immediate, than the other candidates. If, and I'm not making any assumptions, but if attitude has been in any way questionable in the past (with or without justification), then now under a new manager is a bloody good time for him to reset and take some big leaps forward in his career.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

whats the deal with Wolf then? on 20:33 - Mar 17 with 660 viewsKeaneish

whats the deal with Wolf then? on 20:24 - Mar 17 by NthQldITFC

He's got so much more potential, both long-term and immediate, than the other candidates. If, and I'm not making any assumptions, but if attitude has been in any way questionable in the past (with or without justification), then now under a new manager is a bloody good time for him to reset and take some big leaps forward in his career.

Yeah agreed. I think the naturally talented footballers will thrive under Cook. There have been little glimpses on the pitch of the positivity he’s trying to instil and those who are able, should do well. Those less so, won’t last long. If it’s partnerships he wants, it’ll be about complimentary attributes both on and off the pitch. Two stopper type centre halves is an easy issue to resolve. However, with Chambers less and less mobile as a full back, he may move him centrally instead and solve two issues in one go.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

whats the deal with Wolf then? on 20:37 - Mar 17 with 650 viewschrismakin

Was yesturday wolf's first u23 appearance since froping out of first team? If it is perhaps he could be involved sat and this was his pre match warm up perhaps.

I'd like to see wolfy given a go at the holding role whilst downes is out. Yes I know hes a cb. But we dont have a lot of alternative options and at least he is a ball player likes to break things up etc.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024