Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4 week contraction in vaccine supply 16:59 - Mar 17 with 3500 viewsElderGrizzly

From 29th March. Inbound vaccines (from the EU) are going to be severely reduced.

Balls etc

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 17:01 - Mar 17 with 1967 viewsSteve_M

I think the FT had reported this a few days back:

Thread worth reading anyway.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 17:22 - Mar 17 with 1863 viewsElderGrizzly

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 17:01 - Mar 17 by Steve_M

I think the FT had reported this a few days back:

Thread worth reading anyway.

Maybe just coincidence the EU ‘threaten’ us and then reason given is ‘inbound supply’?
4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 17:55 - Mar 17 with 1805 viewsPinewoodblue

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 17:22 - Mar 17 by ElderGrizzly

Maybe just coincidence the EU ‘threaten’ us and then reason given is ‘inbound supply’?

Think Matt Hancock may have wet his pants at the Covid press conference....would explain why he looked so uncomfortable.

Did anyone else get the feeling that something has happened that they don’t want us to know about. The way Hancock and the lady to his left kept glancing at each other while DVT was talking gave me the impression they were getting away with something.

The NHS letter was talking about vaccine supplies, rather than supply of vaccine. My guess is that supply of essential components of the vaccine is being blocked. Just days ago they were talking about keeping up the current level of first vaccines while, at the same time, getting through all the second doses. Vaccine takes weeks to produce so things shouldn’t suddenly change.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 17:58 - Mar 17 with 1780 viewsCheltenham_Blue

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 17:55 - Mar 17 by Pinewoodblue

Think Matt Hancock may have wet his pants at the Covid press conference....would explain why he looked so uncomfortable.

Did anyone else get the feeling that something has happened that they don’t want us to know about. The way Hancock and the lady to his left kept glancing at each other while DVT was talking gave me the impression they were getting away with something.

The NHS letter was talking about vaccine supplies, rather than supply of vaccine. My guess is that supply of essential components of the vaccine is being blocked. Just days ago they were talking about keeping up the current level of first vaccines while, at the same time, getting through all the second doses. Vaccine takes weeks to produce so things shouldn’t suddenly change.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 17:59 - Mar 17 with 1777 viewsElderGrizzly

He outright lied too.

He said the letter (link in my OP) was a normal operational issue. Doctors have already confirmed it isn't.

It is a 1 month delay to their plans.
4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:11 - Mar 17 with 1730 viewsDebsyAngel

More worry for me. It's every single time, get to what, maybe a couple of weeks till I would be eligible for a jab, and then it's another hold up.

A couple of weeks ago, it was they were doing MORE jabs, so how can this suddenly happen??

I feel for every "good news" story, there are 20 "bad news" ones. I doubt I will get done at all at this rate.
4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:13 - Mar 17 with 1725 viewspointofblue

I’d have thought, if it was being blocked by the EU, that the government would just come out and say it?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:19 - Mar 17 with 1694 viewsPinewoodblue

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 17:59 - Mar 17 by ElderGrizzly

He outright lied too.

He said the letter (link in my OP) was a normal operational issue. Doctors have already confirmed it isn't.

It is a 1 month delay to their plans.

Exactly the truth will come out sometime in the next 48 hours.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:26 - Mar 17 with 1663 viewsBlueBadger

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:13 - Mar 17 by pointofblue

I’d have thought, if it was being blocked by the EU, that the government would just come out and say it?

Yeah, there's no way they'd pass up an opportunity for for xenophobic c0ck-waving.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:27 - Mar 17 with 1660 viewsfactual_blue

Normal for halfcock.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:27 - Mar 17 with 1663 viewspointofblue

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:26 - Mar 17 by BlueBadger

Yeah, there's no way they'd pass up an opportunity for for xenophobic c0ck-waving.

Though if the EU were blocking components it hardly looks good on them.

What do we think is the issue? We’ve agreed to export AZ hence the delay?

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:37 - Mar 17 with 1611 viewsTrequartista

Isn’t the Moderna arriving in April?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:41 - Mar 17 with 1591 viewsChurchman

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:27 - Mar 17 by pointofblue

From a quick scan I think it’s more to do with the difficulty of producing the stuff. I gather it’s a hugely complex process and batch quantities vary.

As for the EU blockade, that’s inevitable. I just hope they’ve held back sufficient Pfizer for second doses. If there is a threat of Pfizer breaking its contract with the U.K, it will interesting to see what the U.K. Govt do.

As for the EU, I thought JVT succinctly shot to pieces the logic or lack of it of their decisions around AZ. The consequence is unnecessary deaths. The data coming from a U.K. sample of 10m plus makes that clear.
4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:42 - Mar 17 with 1587 viewsWicklowBlue

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:27 - Mar 17 by pointofblue

Not following this from a UK perspective but anything to do with current concerns around AZ and clots?
4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:43 - Mar 17 with 1577 viewsWD19

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:11 - Mar 17 by DebsyAngel

More worry for me. It's every single time, get to what, maybe a couple of weeks till I would be eligible for a jab, and then it's another hold up.

A couple of weeks ago, it was they were doing MORE jabs, so how can this suddenly happen??

I feel for every "good news" story, there are 20 "bad news" ones. I doubt I will get done at all at this rate.

- No there isn't.
- Yes you will.
- If you are aged 50+ it will be within in a matter of days.
4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:44 - Mar 17 with 1574 viewsElderGrizzly

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:42 - Mar 17 by WicklowBlue

Not following this from a UK perspective but anything to do with current concerns around AZ and clots?

No, clot issue is a red herring/not true.

Covered in depth over last few days
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 18:45]
4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:44 - Mar 17 with 1578 viewshype313

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:37 - Mar 17 by Trequartista

Isn’t the Moderna arriving in April?

Yes, but the isn't the lack of vaccines per se as we are well stocked with AZ, its the fact that 13m have had the phizer vaccine and are due thier second shot.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:47 - Mar 17 with 1558 viewsWicklowBlue

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:44 - Mar 17 by ElderGrizzly

No, clot issue is a red herring/not true.

Covered in depth over last few days
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 18:45]

I don't disagree and expect countries to start using AZ again in due course.

Maybe it is just this and behind the scenes political wrangling.

RTE news : EU chief threatens tougher vaccine export curbs
http://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0317/1204536-eu-vaccine/
4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:48 - Mar 17 with 1564 viewsChurchman

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:11 - Mar 17 by DebsyAngel

You can always try the NHS vaccination website. Bung in your DOB and NHS number and see if it lets you book one. I did this the day my age group was announced before I got a text/letter and it let me book both.

Give it a go. The worst that can happen is that it’ll chuck you out. Don’t worry, one way or another you’ll get sorted.
4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:50 - Mar 17 with 1549 viewsTrequartista

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:44 - Mar 17 by hype313

Yes, but the isn't the lack of vaccines per se as we are well stocked with AZ, its the fact that 13m have had the phizer vaccine and are due thier second shot.

I read somewhere it was the AZ supply that was going to suffer a shortfall. Not sure if anyone else could corroborate that. Also it would be under 50s delayed implying it was first dose supplies.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 18:51]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:53 - Mar 17 with 1523 viewsDebsyAngel

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:48 - Mar 17 by Churchman

You can always try the NHS vaccination website. Bung in your DOB and NHS number and see if it lets you book one. I did this the day my age group was announced before I got a text/letter and it let me book both.

Give it a go. The worst that can happen is that it’ll chuck you out. Don’t worry, one way or another you’ll get sorted.

I will try but it will be "you are not eligible". And where are these promised Moderna and J&J ones that were meant to be here in April?

This 21 June date that things will be lifted is now becoming a joke. It will be 21 June 2022 at this rate.
4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:55 - Mar 17 with 1507 viewspointofblue

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:53 - Mar 17 by DebsyAngel

I will try but it will be "you are not eligible". And where are these promised Moderna and J&J ones that were meant to be here in April?

This 21 June date that things will be lifted is now becoming a joke. It will be 21 June 2022 at this rate.

To be honest a full lift on 21st June when some people will be unvaccinated until the end of July struck me as odd anyway.

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:55 - Mar 17 with 1506 viewsDebsyAngel

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:43 - Mar 17 by WD19

- No there isn't.
- Yes you will.
- If you are aged 50+ it will be within in a matter of days.

I am 49, and turn 50 at the end of July. So I miss out by a tiny margin. And asthma sufferers have been thrown to the dogs once more.
4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 19:03 - Mar 17 with 1482 viewsGlasgowBlue

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:53 - Mar 17 by DebsyAngel

I say this with the best of intentions, but I don't think these threads do your stress levels any good Debsy.

There may be a slight delay. It will be a matter of weeks.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 19:05 - Mar 17 with 1478 viewshype313

4 week contraction in vaccine supply on 18:55 - Mar 17 by DebsyAngel

I am 49, and turn 50 at the end of July. So I miss out by a tiny margin. And asthma sufferers have been thrown to the dogs once more.

From what I have read in the past hour (Hugo Gye is worth a look) it sounds like we have enough to vaccinate the 40-49 before Easter.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024