Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pukki has 22 goals this season 19:24 - Mar 17 with 4376 viewsIllinoisblue

Our entire strikeforce of six players has 13.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 19:33 - Mar 17 with 3971 viewsWicklowBlue

As in all walks of life, recruitment is key to build a team. In fairness MM did build a team with goals and then Hurst tore it apart and here we are.

Was pissed when Waghorn went, Didsy leaving I wasn't too bothered as he was injured/not arsed. Then he went to Sheff U and tore it up, that showed me all that is wrong with ITFC. Supple and Bart gave us glimpses too.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 19:40]
Pukki has 22 goals this season on 20:46 - Mar 17 with 3712 viewsIllinoisblue

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 19:33 - Mar 17 by WicklowBlue

As in all walks of life, recruitment is key to build a team. In fairness MM did build a team with goals and then Hurst tore it apart and here we are.

Was pissed when Waghorn went, Didsy leaving I wasn't too bothered as he was injured/not arsed. Then he went to Sheff U and tore it up, that showed me all that is wrong with ITFC. Supple and Bart gave us glimpses too.

Do we even have a scouting network anymore?

62 - 78 - 81

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 20:48 - Mar 17 with 3705 viewssuffolkpoker

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 20:46 - Mar 17 by Illinoisblue

Do we even have a scouting network anymore?

Havnt had one for years.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 20:51 - Mar 17 with 3694 viewsSwansea_Blue

They've done well with him. It's not often a club finds a natural goal scorer for peanuts who then goes on to be consistent season after season. There are plenty more one season wonders, but the consistency that show the quality is pretty rare. To hang onto them in the championship is even rarer.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 20:51 - Mar 17 with 3689 viewsJ2BLUE

They took it literally. They're on strike.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 20:54 - Mar 17 with 3661 viewsWicklowBlue

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 20:51 - Mar 17 by Swansea_Blue

They've done well with him. It's not often a club finds a natural goal scorer for peanuts who then goes on to be consistent season after season. There are plenty more one season wonders, but the consistency that show the quality is pretty rare. To hang onto them in the championship is even rarer.

Their Marcus Stewart?
Pukki has 22 goals this season on 21:07 - Mar 17 with 3534 viewsSwansea_Blue

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 20:54 - Mar 17 by WicklowBlue

Their Marcus Stewart?

Better. We got one and a half seasons out of Stewart and he cost about the same, so a lot more if you take into account inflation.

Better commercially that is. Stewart at his best could tear up the PL ad did far better with us and then Sunderland than Pukki could manage in the PL. He was much the better player imo.

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 21:08 - Mar 17 with 3525 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 20:51 - Mar 17 by Swansea_Blue

I'm not sure many Prem clubs would be in for him. The ones who might will prob be in the Champ next season.

Would be different if he was 23.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 21:11 - Mar 17 with 3477 viewsSwansea_Blue

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 21:08 - Mar 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm not sure many Prem clubs would be in for him. The ones who might will prob be in the Champ next season.

Would be different if he was 23.

Yeah, I don't think so either. He's top quality Championship, backup PL level. He'd be nuts to think he can push on from Norwich - being a big fish in a small pond obviously suits him.

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 23:05 - Mar 17 with 3041 viewsBonchosBicycle

I'm not sure we've had 22 shots on target this season.
Pukki has 22 goals this season on 23:08 - Mar 17 with 3029 viewsHARRY10

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 19:33 - Mar 17 by WicklowBlue

"Was pissed when Waghorn went"

I have had many reasons for getting pissed, but never because a player has left our club
Pukki has 22 goals this season on 23:40 - Mar 17 with 2956 viewsBlueBadger

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 20:54 - Mar 17 by WicklowBlue

Their Marcus Stewart?

Not really, Stewart actually scored premier league goals as well.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 00:01 - Mar 18 with 2904 viewsIllinoisblue

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 23:05 - Mar 17 by BonchosBicycle

I'm not sure we've had 22 shots on target this season.

Painful to think you’re probably right

62 - 78 - 81

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 00:05 - Mar 18 with 2894 viewshaynes_toe1

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 23:40 - Mar 17 by BlueBadger

Not really, Stewart actually scored premier league goals as well.

Didn't Pukki get 10 or more last season in a very poor prem team where the chasm in quality is so much more than when Stewart played?
Pukki has 22 goals this season on 10:15 - Mar 18 with 2532 viewsMach_foreignBlue

They had got Pukki on free. We got Oli Hawkins for free.
Pukki has 22 goals this season on 10:18 - Mar 18 with 2521 viewsHerbivore

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 00:05 - Mar 18 by haynes_toe1

Didn't Pukki get 10 or more last season in a very poor prem team where the chasm in quality is so much more than when Stewart played?

Your colours are showing.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 10:18 - Mar 18 with 2520 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 10:15 - Mar 18 by Mach_foreignBlue

Hawkins was replaced at Pompey by a player we released.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 12:26 - Mar 18 with 2391 viewsbrazil1982

It's service to him too - how many chances do we create in a match? Almost none. Our forwards, good or bad, have very little to feed on.

How many decent crosses do we manage into the area? It is that very basic element of the game that we seem unable to deliver. We have lacked a good winger / wing-back for many seasons. We get someone like Bennets who has the speed but no ability to cross a ball.

If this is the hand given to Cook, he and the coaching team have to improve the players.
Pukki has 22 goals this season on 12:31 - Mar 18 with 2374 viewsSwansea_Blue

11, which was half decent. He's no Marcus Stewart, but as I said last night he's certainly a top Championship / lower half PL player. i don't mind admitting that even if he does play for 'them'. We'd be delighted to have had him join us in the Championship (and probably wouldn't be in the mess we are now).

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 12:45 - Mar 18 with 2335 viewshaynes_toe1

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 10:18 - Mar 18 by Herbivore

Your colours are showing.

According to some on this forum they've never been hidden, but it normally suggests in the online world that I'm just capable of making subjective observations, so I don't complain about the budgie-accusations.
Pukki has 22 goals this season on 12:46 - Mar 18 with 2334 viewshaynes_toe1

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 12:31 - Mar 18 by Swansea_Blue

11, which was half decent. He's no Marcus Stewart, but as I said last night he's certainly a top Championship / lower half PL player. i don't mind admitting that even if he does play for 'them'. We'd be delighted to have had him join us in the Championship (and probably wouldn't be in the mess we are now).

Yeah true although I guess it would have depended on when we got him and who was manager. For example I doubt Pukki would be anything in a Mick team.
Pukki has 22 goals this season on 14:50 - Mar 18 with 2186 viewsBlueBadger

Alun Armstrong got nearly as many in two incomplete seasons.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 17:19 - Mar 18 with 2073 viewsJ2BLUE

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 10:15 - Mar 18 by Mach_foreignBlue

We got McGoldrick for free. They paid £11m for Naismith.

We can prove anything with one example.

Truly impaired.

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 18:14 - Mar 18 with 1998 viewsyoda

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 17:19 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

We got McGoldrick for free. They paid £11m for Naismith.

We can prove anything with one example.

That's true which kind of goes shows that spending silly money doesn't guarantee anything,we wasted millions on Naismith and Wolfswinkel and yet Grant Holt and Wes Hoolahan cost less than a million between them.A good player can be found for almost peanuts if the recruitment is spot on something we have got right under Webber.
Pukki has 22 goals this season on 18:28 - Mar 18 with 1960 viewsJ2BLUE

Pukki has 22 goals this season on 18:14 - Mar 18 by yoda

That's true which kind of goes shows that spending silly money doesn't guarantee anything,we wasted millions on Naismith and Wolfswinkel and yet Grant Holt and Wes Hoolahan cost less than a million between them.A good player can be found for almost peanuts if the recruitment is spot on something we have got right under Webber.

Yep, you continue to build well. One of these times you're going to stay up.

Leaves a bitter taste that you've overtaken us when we've had one hand tied behind our back though to be honest. Just when it looked like Evans was going it gets taken away.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024