Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! 09:07 - Mar 18 with 5642 viewsWallingford_Boy

Very jel of them getting the Cowleys..

RIP Sir Bobby

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 09:13 - Mar 18 with 3136 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, they were my pick for here - think they'll get them very organised and moving forwards very quickly

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 09:49 - Mar 18 with 3031 viewsWallingford_Boy

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 09:13 - Mar 18 by itfcjoe

Yep, they were my pick for here - think they'll get them very organised and moving forwards very quickly

Indeed and thats not a dig at Paul Cook at all, just I really rate them and they were my first choice, but maybe out of our budget?

RIP Sir Bobby

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 09:49 - Mar 18 with 3028 viewspeterleeblue

So on the basis that we think Pompey are nailed on now they have Cowley. Why are most happy to let Cook of the hook with a free hit this season and wait until next season.

As most have said if lambert can have this lot on the periphery of the play offs if Cook is an upgrade he should at least get us in them.
That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 09:51 - Mar 18 with 3011 viewsFixed_It

Initially only until the end of the season apparently. Which is odd, and nearly made them lose out on them.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 10:01 - Mar 18 with 2948 viewsWallingford_Boy

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 09:51 - Mar 18 by Fixed_It

Initially only until the end of the season apparently. Which is odd, and nearly made them lose out on them.

Yeah I saw that, rather strange, but I'm sure they will get the deal full time.

RIP Sir Bobby

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 10:10 - Mar 18 with 2892 viewsMrTown

We have Paul Cook, and lucky to have him.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2021 10:11]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 10:23 - Mar 18 with 2851 viewsWallingford_Boy

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 10:10 - Mar 18 by MrTown

Thanks for clarifying.

RIP Sir Bobby

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 10:25 - Mar 18 with 2841 viewsBlueWorldOrder

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 09:49 - Mar 18 by peterleeblue

So on the basis that we think Pompey are nailed on now they have Cowley. Why are most happy to let Cook of the hook with a free hit this season and wait until next season.

As most have said if lambert can have this lot on the periphery of the play offs if Cook is an upgrade he should at least get us in them.

Cook should have 1 year. That's it. If we're not up in a year or look like we are going up he's got to go surely. No messing about anymore. No easy ride. Same for the players.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Login to get fewer ads

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 10:26 - Mar 18 with 2837 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Everyone and their dog was saying we was nailed on for playoffs when we got Cook, remember going on twitter and seeing fans of top 6 really worried.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2021 10:31]
That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 10:26 - Mar 18 with 2834 viewsSamWhiteUK

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 10:26 - Mar 18 by abracaDOBRA_

Everyone and their dog was saying we was nailed on for playoffs when we got Cook, remember going on twitter and seeing fans of top 6 really worried.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2021 10:31]

I wasn't, so that's false. Next.
That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 10:28 - Mar 18 with 2823 viewstractorlad01

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 10:10 - Mar 18 by MrTown

Pompey fans would of taken Cook over Cowley every day of the week
That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 10:29 - Mar 18 with 2812 viewsBlueWorldOrder

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 10:26 - Mar 18 by SamWhiteUK

You were all saying that any decent manager would get this team up though. Now the story has changed to needs more time. No more time. 1 year or out. No more easy ride.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 10:29 - Mar 18 with 2811 viewsBlueySwede

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 09:49 - Mar 18 by peterleeblue

Wouldn´t say most are happy with us not making the playoffs. But with the displays against Gillingham and Fleetwood, its becoming clear for many that our squad maybe isn´t that good (it wasn´t ALL Lamberts fault) and a LOT of work is needed. I still think we have a chance, but players need to lift themself, Cook need to find the right combo of players, also we need a little luck.
That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 10:30 - Mar 18 with 2809 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I meant fans of other clubs.
That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 10:31 - Mar 18 with 2799 viewsSuperCoops

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 09:51 - Mar 18 by Fixed_It

Sounds like a big sh*t or bust deal to get them across the line? Big contract to achieve their target or they then can end Cowleys deal?
That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 10:32 - Mar 18 with 2792 viewsGrumpy_Old_Man

Nor was I.

Cook has come in, changed to a system we can't play and we now look as if we have less of a goal threat than before! How many number 10s do we need ??

He should be concentrating on teaching how to pass to a blue shirt! That will ease some problems.
That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 10:53 - Mar 18 with 2717 viewsWallingford_Boy

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 10:28 - Mar 18 by tractorlad01

How do you know?

RIP Sir Bobby

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 11:00 - Mar 18 with 2685 viewschrismakin

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 10:29 - Mar 18 by BlueWorldOrder

You were all saying that any decent manager would get this team up though. Now the story has changed to needs more time. No more time. 1 year or out. No more easy ride.

Most did. But before the January window. It's a shame he wasnt able to come in and maybe sign a couple he could have felt would help us. Instead we kept Lambert and signed harrop etc

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 11:02 - Mar 18 with 2677 viewshype313

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 09:49 - Mar 18 by Wallingford_Boy

Indeed and thats not a dig at Paul Cook at all, just I really rate them and they were my first choice, but maybe out of our budget?

They were my pick too, but I'm not disappointed with Cook.

Don't think it was budget, more the fact that Cook has had a relationship with Evans for a number of years, so was probably always going to take the reins at some point.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 11:03 - Mar 18 with 2667 viewschrismakin

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 11:02 - Mar 18 by hype313

They were my pick too, but I'm not disappointed with Cook.

Don't think it was budget, more the fact that Cook has had a relationship with Evans for a number of years, so was probably always going to take the reins at some point.

I actually think it was more to do with people comparing the cowley style to that of Mick.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 11:05 - Mar 18 with 2655 viewshype313

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 11:03 - Mar 18 by chrismakin

I actually think it was more to do with people comparing the cowley style to that of Mick.

Could be, depends on how wedded Evans is with formations. To me, it sounded like soundbite waffle when he engaged his vison last year, but who knows.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 11:06 - Mar 18 with 2654 viewsLeoMuff

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 10:29 - Mar 18 by BlueWorldOrder

At least 50% of our squad will need replacing, we normally manage to land 1 or 2 of our targets in a summer window.

1 year is nowhere near enough.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 11:07 - Mar 18 with 2643 viewsbobbyramsey

They have a better squad of players than Cook has which is the major difference and should not be ignored.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear....
That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 11:11 - Mar 18 with 2622 viewsJammyDodgerrr

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 10:28 - Mar 18 by tractorlad01

100%.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 11:24 - Mar 18 with 2556 viewsWallingford_Boy

That's Pompey nailed on for the play-offs then! on 09:49 - Mar 18 by Wallingford_Boy

Hi Herbie, xx.

LOL

RIP Sir Bobby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024