Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nigel Adkins new Charlton Manager 11:30 - Mar 18 with 1613 viewsitfcpaul

Just thought I would say...

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Nigel Adkins new Charlton Manager on 11:32 - Mar 18 with 1593 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Nigel Adkins new Charlton Manager on 11:34 - Mar 18 with 1567 viewsclive_baker

Big of a mixed bag in terms of his CV, he could be decent for them. With our games in hand over them we really shouldn't give them a chance to outperform us over the remainder of the season. They've also got a hard run in.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Nigel Adkins new Charlton Manager on 11:36 - Mar 18 with 1552 viewsitfcpaul

Nigel Adkins new Charlton Manager on 11:34 - Mar 18 by clive_baker

Big of a mixed bag in terms of his CV, he could be decent for them. With our games in hand over them we really shouldn't give them a chance to outperform us over the remainder of the season. They've also got a hard run in.

from the run in we have you would have thought it was certainly the simplest, have you seen Peterborough's, god that's hard

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Nigel Adkins new Charlton Manager on 11:37 - Mar 18 with 1543 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Bowyer had done well at Charlton and still got sacked. They want to progress as a club. We need to be more like that with our managers. Lambert should have gone last season, yet we hung on. Cook should be given a year and if we don't look like being promoted we should get someone else in. The days of having managers for years are over.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Nigel Adkins new Charlton Manager on 11:38 - Mar 18 with 1531 viewsMetal_Hacker

Nigel Adkins new Charlton Manager on 11:37 - Mar 18 by BlueWorldOrder

Bowyer had done well at Charlton and still got sacked. They want to progress as a club. We need to be more like that with our managers. Lambert should have gone last season, yet we hung on. Cook should be given a year and if we don't look like being promoted we should get someone else in. The days of having managers for years are over.

Bowyer didn't get the sack

Poll: If it were one or the other

Nigel Adkins new Charlton Manager on 11:39 - Mar 18 with 1518 viewsclive_baker

Nigel Adkins new Charlton Manager on 11:36 - Mar 18 by itfcpaul

from the run in we have you would have thought it was certainly the simplest, have you seen Peterborough's, god that's hard

Quite. One thing people aren't considering is a lot of those sides around us still play each other, and they can't both win, so there will be plenty dropping points.

We need to get our act together pretty sharpish though. A win Saturday would set us up nicely for a full week off ahead of the final 11 run in.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Nigel Adkins new Charlton Manager on 11:56 - Mar 18 with 1434 viewsOldsmoker

Nigel Adkins new Charlton Manager on 11:38 - Mar 18 by Metal_Hacker

Bowyer didn't get the sack

Correct.
He was in charge of his new club Birmingham for their win over Reading last night.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Nigel Adkins new Charlton Manager on 16:14 - Mar 18 with 1235 viewsWeWereZombies

Nigel Adkins new Charlton Manager on 11:32 - Mar 18 by abracaDOBRA_

Might be worth pointing out to you that Adkins took Southampton out of the Third Division during his first season in charge (and he joined a little after the start of that season) , and promotion to the Premier League the following season.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

Nigel Adkins new Charlton Manager on 16:19 - Mar 18 with 1220 viewsBloomBlue

Nigel Adkins new Charlton Manager on 11:32 - Mar 18 by abracaDOBRA_

A lot of Town fans laughed when Fleetwood appointed Grayson as manager, a lot were moaning Fleetwood outplayed us on Tues
Nigel Adkins new Charlton Manager on 16:22 - Mar 18 with 1213 viewsMetal_Hacker

Nigel Adkins new Charlton Manager on 16:19 - Mar 18 by BloomBlue

A lot of Town fans laughed when Fleetwood appointed Grayson as manager, a lot were moaning Fleetwood outplayed us on Tues

To be fair I think if we created an XI from us lot on here , we'd have beaten our lot the other night

Poll: If it were one or the other

Nigel Adkins new Charlton Manager on 16:35 - Mar 18 with 1191 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nigel Adkins new Charlton Manager on 16:14 - Mar 18 by WeWereZombies

Might be worth pointing out to you that Adkins took Southampton out of the Third Division during his first season in charge (and he joined a little after the start of that season) , and promotion to the Premier League the following season.

He reminds me of a Paul Jewell. Did amazingly well early on in his career at one club and then struggled to make a mark afterwards.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nigel Adkins new Charlton Manager on 17:56 - Mar 18 with 1103 viewsWeWereZombies

Nigel Adkins new Charlton Manager on 16:35 - Mar 18 by Swansea_Blue

He reminds me of a Paul Jewell. Did amazingly well early on in his career at one club and then struggled to make a mark afterwards.

Not quite fair on Adkins - he also started off by winning the League of Wales twice with Bangor (but then we all spend a couple of years with an old Bangor after we first pass our test...) before managing Scunthorpe into the Second Division as Third Division champions in his first full season in the job. They got relegated straightaway but then he got them up again at the first attempt. Not such a great success at Reading and Sheffield United but he was coming in at a higher level with both those clubs. Him and Hull just seemed to get bored with each other (probably still yearning for the simple life with his old Bangor).

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Nigel Adkins new Charlton Manager on 22:38 - Mar 18 with 922 viewsRadlett_blue

Indeed. Adkins made his name at Southampton & has struggled to repeat that success. His press conferences have always had more than a whiff of David Brent about them. Definitely the sort of manager that Marcus Evans might have appointed.
Simon Grayson was apparently in the frame when we were looking to replace Mick & was out of work at the time. I think he was derided on this board at the time & while he wouldn't have been an inspiring choice, I think there's little doubt he would have done better than Hurst or Lambert.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Nigel Adkins new Charlton Manager on 22:53 - Mar 18 with 891 viewsChurchman

Nigel Adkins new Charlton Manager on 11:34 - Mar 18 by clive_baker

If I was a follower of them I’m not sure I’d view it as a managerial upgrade. An interesting one. He might be a good fit for them.
Nigel Adkins new Charlton Manager on 02:09 - Mar 19 with 816 viewsJDB23

Will only ever think of Adkins in conjunction with the time he managed Scunthorpe. Took them to the Champ and in their game against us at Portman Road it was the most disgusting use of time wasting and fouling from the very first minute I've ever seen. That Wickham last minute winner was ecstasy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024