Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great TV shows of the mid 1990s: This Life 12:21 - Mar 18 with 1095 viewsIllinoisblue

First broadcast on this day in 1996. Must-watch TV at the time. Always had a soft spot for Anna. Could have done without Egg and his annoying northern Dad though.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Great TV shows of the mid 1990s: This Life on 12:43 - Mar 18 with 1040 viewsfactual_blue

Available on Britbox.

Along with Our Friends In The North.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Great TV shows of the mid 1990s: This Life on 14:01 - Mar 18 with 988 viewsIllinoisblue

Great TV shows of the mid 1990s: This Life on 12:43 - Mar 18 by factual_blue

Available on Britbox.

I watched it again a couple of years ago and while still good, didn’t have quite the same impact as when it first aired.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Great TV shows of the mid 1990s: This Life on 14:34 - Mar 18 with 970 viewsgainsboroughblue

Available on Britbox.

I watched that last year on YouTube on Lucan's suggestion. Cracking show that I missed out on first time around for some reason.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Great TV shows of the mid 1990s: This Life on 15:02 - Mar 18 with 951 viewsipswich78

Ref Andrew Lincoln, I was a big fan of Teachers - again another 90s classic in my view which can be found on Netflix / Prime Video I believe.

It was all the little subtle things going on in the background, random donkeys walking around the school canteen fully staffed by little people.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Great TV shows of the mid 1990s: This Life on 15:05 - Mar 18 with 942 viewsstringy

Available on Britbox.

Our Friends in the North... phenomenal show
Great TV shows of the mid 1990s: This Life on 18:49 - Mar 18 with 877 viewsketton_itfc

Surely you mean?

Doc Cox had a decent song in him....
Great TV shows of the mid 1990s: This Life on 18:57 - Mar 18 with 863 viewsthebooks

I loved This Life at the time (probably because I was around the same age as the characters), but when I saw it again recently it was diabolical — almost made me ashamed of myself for having liked it.

Of course, the Sopranos was being screened for the first time at about the same time, shunted to midnight on Channel 4 (I seem to remember it switching to/from BBC2, but not sure about that). Now that has aged well.
Great TV shows of the mid 1990s: This Life on 19:03 - Mar 18 with 851 viewsBent_double

Great series, loved it.

It was repeated a few months back on BBC2, followed by 'Industry', a similar style 'friends all living/working/shagging' together but set in current times in an investment bank in the City.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Login to get fewer ads

Great TV shows of the mid 1990s: This Life on 19:10 - Mar 18 with 843 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

How about Prime Suspect?

But surely the award goes to ...

Midsommer Murders

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Great TV shows of the mid 1990s: This Life on 19:34 - Mar 18 with 817 viewsLord_Lucan

I used to really like The Word.

Used to come home early from the pub to watch it with a big fat one.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Great TV shows of the mid 1990s: This Life on 23:43 - Mar 18 with 730 viewsEnigma_Blue

Great TV shows of the mid 1990s: This Life on 19:34 - Mar 18 by Lord_Lucan

I used to really like The Word.

Used to come home early from the pub to watch it with a big fat one.

The Word followed by Euro Trash. TWTD!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024