Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's the hope that kills you isn't it? 11:00 - Mar 19 with 1199 viewsclive_baker

Imagine if we really turned it on and beat Pompey tomorrow. That would put us 6 points above them. Hopefully Fleetwood has acted as the rocket some of the squad needs and the blank canvas Cook needs to make the changes he wants moving forward. Games in hand over Charlton. Loads of the teams around us playing each other over coming weeks so plenty of points will be dropped. Decent run in for us. Full week on the training ground for Cook before Wigan, with no midweek distraction. Norwood back. KVY back. Hawkins on his way back, he could be handy. Downes likely back for the final few games + PO's. Thomas & Harrop supposedly talented, is it too much to ask that 1 of them comes in and contributes?

The sun is shining. We're only bl00dy well going up aren't we?

*until 1:45pm tomorrow when I'll be putting my fist through the laptop screen at an abject first half display.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

It's the hope that kills you isn't it? on 11:28 - Mar 19 with 1146 viewsBiGDonnie

I just can't bring myself to get excited about Hawkins becoming available. Yay.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

It's the hope that kills you isn't it? on 11:28 - Mar 19 with 1146 viewsOldsmoker

Like you I'm hoping for a better display.
Praying for a Portsmouth OG because that's our best hope for winning the game.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

It's the hope that kills you isn't it? on 11:30 - Mar 19 with 1139 viewsnoggin

Imagine if we'd turned up at Fleetwood..

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

It's the hope that kills you isn't it? on 12:07 - Mar 19 with 1102 viewseddiespearitt03

What kind of result are you expecting when we will probably be camped in our own half again. If we can not get forward and force a higher press then the best we can hope for is a 0-0. If we are relying on the "old heads" to inject some pace and attacking play then forget it.

Players like Jackson will have to take the initiative and start creating his own chances with turning a defender and running at goal. We have to score goals to win, without gifting the opposition soft goals . It really is as simple as that.
It's the hope that kills you isn't it? on 12:10 - Mar 19 with 1091 viewsCheltenham_Blue

It's the hope that kills you isn't it? on 11:30 - Mar 19 by noggin

Imagine if we'd turned up at Fleetwood..

and Gillingham.
and Northampton
and Swindon
and Crawley

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

It's the hope that kills you isn't it? on 12:10 - Mar 19 with 1089 viewsEl_Fenix

What role does Marcus Evans play in your rosy scenario?

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

It's the hope that kills you isn't it? on 12:13 - Mar 19 with 1072 viewsHerbivore

It's the hope that kills you isn't it? on 12:10 - Mar 19 by El_Fenix

Is he playing tomorrow?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It's the hope that kills you isn't it? on 12:13 - Mar 19 with 1068 viewsBlueWorldOrder

It depends. Cook has insisted that he's about building partnerships over anything else. The problem is we have so many players due to leave in the summer and any partnership build will likely vanish in the summer. He should be prioritising points instead even if that maybe means we have to play for bore draws against better sides than us such as Fleetwood, Portsmouth, and so on rather than get beat easy and drop points humping it up top with no aim, which has been what we have seen so far under Cook.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Login to get fewer ads

It's the hope that kills you isn't it? on 12:17 - Mar 19 with 1055 viewsSouperJim

On the basis that we were pathetic against Fleetwood, I expect we'll get a performance tomorrow. Then be awful at Wigan.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

It's the hope that kills you isn't it? on 12:20 - Mar 19 with 1046 viewsEl_Fenix

It's the hope that kills you isn't it? on 12:13 - Mar 19 by Herbivore

Is he playing tomorrow?

This forum no longer allows the posting of the team's line up on the day before a match

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

It's the hope that kills you isn't it? on 12:20 - Mar 19 with 1043 viewsSouperJim

It's the hope that kills you isn't it? on 11:28 - Mar 19 by BiGDonnie

I just can't bring myself to get excited about Hawkins becoming available. Yay.

I know what you mean, but he's an effective player at this level who can really help to control games. Too often we lack a physical presence up front, most of our forward players are knocked off it by a stiff breeze.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

It's the hope that kills you isn't it? on 12:25 - Mar 19 with 1035 viewsclive_baker

It's the hope that kills you isn't it? on 12:07 - Mar 19 by eddiespearitt03

What kind of result are you expecting when we will probably be camped in our own half again. If we can not get forward and force a higher press then the best we can hope for is a 0-0. If we are relying on the "old heads" to inject some pace and attacking play then forget it.

Players like Jackson will have to take the initiative and start creating his own chances with turning a defender and running at goal. We have to score goals to win, without gifting the opposition soft goals . It really is as simple as that.

Nah, b0llocks.

3-0 town

Skuse x 3.

It's the hope that kills you isn't it? on 12:26 - Mar 19 with 1031 viewsclive_baker

It's the hope that kills you isn't it? on 12:10 - Mar 19 by El_Fenix

If he's fit, left back.

It's the hope that kills you isn't it? on 14:00 - Mar 19 with 951 viewschrismakin

It's the hope that kills you isn't it? on 12:20 - Mar 19 by SouperJim

I know what you mean, but he's an effective player at this level who can really help to control games. Too often we lack a physical presence up front, most of our forward players are knocked off it by a stiff breeze.

Hawkins was influential in the beginning of the season run of wins.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024