Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1 win in 5 14:39 - Mar 20 with 3514 viewsMillsTash

For Cook now. And we still continue to play 1 up front.

What’s changed?
1 win in 5 on 14:41 - Mar 20 with 2218 viewschrismakin

Oh take your trolling elsewhere

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

1 win in 5 on 14:41 - Mar 20 with 2197 viewsKieran_Knows

What else do we do then? We have a manager that has had success wherever he has been when playing 4-2-3-1 ... why should he go away from that?

I think it's time we looked at this group of utterly pathetic players.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

1 win in 5 on 14:42 - Mar 20 with 2182 viewsTown_Boy

Agree 442 Norwood will score more goals with a partner as will Jackson!

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

1 win in 5 on 14:44 - Mar 20 with 2090 viewsStewart27

1 win in 5 on 14:42 - Mar 20 by Town_Boy

I’d rather pin my hopes around Cook taking this club forward than I would with that useless striker getting a partner.
1 win in 5 on 14:44 - Mar 20 with 2080 viewsStokieBlue

Short term success all that matters?

Things need to change a lot and the fact you expect that to be done in 4 or 5 matches is a bit weird.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

1 win in 5 on 14:44 - Mar 20 with 2080 viewsRonFearonsHair

1 win in 5 on 14:41 - Mar 20 by Kieran_Knows

What else do we do then? We have a manager that has had success wherever he has been when playing 4-2-3-1 ... why should he go away from that?

I would quite happily never look at them again.
1 win in 5 on 14:44 - Mar 20 with 2075 viewschrismakin

They literally cant not play for more than a half its embarrassing.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

1 win in 5 on 14:45 - Mar 20 with 2049 viewsTown_Boy

1 win in 5 on 14:44 - Mar 20 by Stewart27

I’d rather pin my hopes around Cook taking this club forward than I would with that useless striker getting a partner.

What Norwood who has scored again.. you fool

Login to get fewer ads

1 win in 5 on 14:45 - Mar 20 with 2031 viewsLeoMuff

What’s the point ifCook will play 4231, we need to know if they can play in that formation

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

1 win in 5 on 14:45 - Mar 20 with 2031 viewsMillsTash

1 win in 5 on 14:44 - Mar 20 by StokieBlue

Things need to change a lot and the fact you expect that to be done in 4 or 5 matches is a bit weird.

SB

Signing off your post with your username initials. That’s a bit weird.
1 win in 5 on 14:46 - Mar 20 with 1997 viewsOjc

1 win in 5 on 14:44 - Mar 20 by StokieBlue

SB

Every other club in the world seem to turn it around quite quickly.
1 win in 5 on 14:46 - Mar 20 with 1983 viewsKieran_Knows

Or, we get ourselves some proper wingers, a proper no.10 who a) will actually create chances and b) score a few themselves to take the load off the lone striker.

Jackson is sh*t, end of.

1 win in 5 on 14:47 - Mar 20 with 1953 viewsStokieBlue

1 win in 5 on 14:45 - Mar 20 by MillsTash

Thanks.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

1 win in 5 on 14:47 - Mar 20 with 1957 viewsgordon

The manager does lots of shouting from the sidelines, and has got a coffee cup glued to his hand now.
1 win in 5 on 14:48 - Mar 20 with 1914 viewstractorlad01

Unfortunately we still have an absolute abysmal group of players.

Half our squad should never play for us again.
1 win in 5 on 14:48 - Mar 20 with 1913 viewsTown_Boy

1 win in 5 on 14:46 - Mar 20 by Kieran_Knows

Or, we get ourselves some proper wingers, a proper no.10 who a) will actually create chances and b) score a few themselves to take the load off the lone striker.

Jackson is sh*t, end of.

I’d like to see us get a striker who is any better on our budget.. deluded

1 win in 5 on 14:50 - Mar 20 with 1854 viewsKieran_Knows

1 win in 5 on 14:48 - Mar 20 by Town_Boy

I’d like to see us get a striker who is any better on our budget.. deluded

I'm pretty certain Cook will, no doubt about it. Simple fact is, Cook plays with 1 up top, and that does not, and will not (ever) suit Jackson.

1 win in 5 on 14:51 - Mar 20 with 1834 viewsgainsboroughblue

1 win in 5 on 14:45 - Mar 20 by MillsTash

I agree.

GB

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

1 win in 5 on 14:52 - Mar 20 with 1801 viewsDyland

1 win in 5 on 14:51 - Mar 20 by gainsboroughblue

I agree.

GB

Same

D

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

1 win in 5 on 15:01 - Mar 20 with 1663 viewsgazzer1999

Nothing, you lot who wanted him in what do you expect? you knew his style of play. Just as we started to play with staff able to manage who was already here we go and get a lower league manager in. Rinse and repeat again. Definitely made all the difference made us worse unbelievable, I bet Mick, Lambo, Hurst, Keane, Jewell are laughing their heads off.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 15:04]
1 win in 5 on 15:15 - Mar 20 with 1591 viewsChurchman

What did you expect? Cook arrives at a mess of a club that embraces mediocrity and losing year in year out. He has at best a mid table overblown squad that ranges from over the hill 5 years ago to should be playing Blue Square League plus a few possible players whose confidence is zero. I never expected Cook to waft in and perform a miracle. I hoped that the players might start putting in a consistent shift, but if they were able to do that, we wouldn’t be in the state we’re in.

It’s going to take a while for him to get rid of the large amount dead wood/bad apples and to build his own team. Let’s see what we look like in October. Again I’m not expecting too much. Just progress towards a team instead of a load of disparate mugs collecting a salary.

He has to play the system he is comfortable with and find people who can play in it. Finding a system to fit players only works at the top level where the players are good enough and even then not every time.
1 win in 5 on 15:20 - Mar 20 with 1563 viewsbraveblue

You would hope a good, experienced manager would look at the squad and realise he does not have the players to fit that system. So play a different system until the end of the season. Not rocket science.
1 win in 5 on 16:00 - Mar 20 with 1482 viewsstonojnr

1 win in 5 on 15:15 - Mar 20 by Churchman

What did you expect? Cook arrives at a mess of a club that embraces mediocrity and losing year in year out. He has at best a mid table overblown squad that ranges from over the hill 5 years ago to should be playing Blue Square League plus a few possible players whose confidence is zero. I never expected Cook to waft in and perform a miracle. I hoped that the players might start putting in a consistent shift, but if they were able to do that, we wouldn’t be in the state we’re in.

It’s going to take a while for him to get rid of the large amount dead wood/bad apples and to build his own team. Let’s see what we look like in October. Again I’m not expecting too much. Just progress towards a team instead of a load of disparate mugs collecting a salary.

He has to play the system he is comfortable with and find people who can play in it. Finding a system to fit players only works at the top level where the players are good enough and even then not every time.

but this is like being caught in infinite loop, the manager wants to play a specific formation, but doesnt have the players to play that formation very well, so just keeps playing the specific formation,even though we know its not working, because if we keep repeating it for long enough maybe a miracle will happen.

why cant he adapt to play with what weve got in the meantime, and then by October time when weve picked up this great new team of players who can play the way he wants, he can then play it to his hearts content again. but it wont then feel like weve been banging our heads against a brick wall for 6months
1 win in 5 on 16:04 - Mar 20 with 1426 viewsjaykay

1 win in 5 on 14:47 - Mar 20 by gordon

The manager does lots of shouting from the sidelines, and has got a coffee cup glued to his hand now.

just need a bucket to sit on now

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

1 win in 5 on 16:09 - Mar 20 with 1399 viewseireblue

1 win in 5 on 15:20 - Mar 20 by braveblue

You would hope a good, experienced manager would look at the squad and realise he does not have the players to fit that system. So play a different system until the end of the season. Not rocket science.

Alternatively, you have a large squad, you know what system you will play, and you believe in that system, and after ten games, you get a chance to start building a squad.

Seems to me that a sensible thing to do is find out what players you want to keep.

Rocket science is just maths basically, not that difficult.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024