Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook 15:00 - Mar 20 with 4927 viewshaynes_toe1

Influential subs?
Half time motivational team-talk?
Change of shape or formation to have a positive influence during a game?

I really hope it's just down to personnel but then it begs the question if it was worth getting rid of Lambert. I'm sure it will be because Lambert is one of the worst managers i've ever seen manage us - it's just concerning that i've seen no real difference from one of our worst ever to what should be one of our better appointments, if posts on here are anything to go by.

Still, plenty of time for him and time to get his own players in at the end of the season could see a big change.
Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:03 - Mar 20 with 2674 viewsArnieM

And what exactly do you expect him to get out of this shower if shyte that is Lamberts squad ??

Please give me an answer ....

How do YOU propose to get a silk purse out of a Sows ear ?

Off you go then .... let’s have your ideas .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:05 - Mar 20 with 2651 viewsgtsb1966

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Half this lot aren't good enough and the manager is having to work with what he has been left. It really is as simple as that. Come August I'll wager we have a new look side and will be playing far better attacking football. We're are all going to have to be patient until it's Cook's team and Cook's way.
Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:06 - Mar 20 with 2647 viewsThe_Realist_09

This is not Football Manager.
Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:07 - Mar 20 with 2636 viewsRobTheMonk

Should have got Cook in before the transfer window rather than letting Lambert go loan crazy.

I did hope for a new manager bounce though. You just have to look at Burton to see the positive impact Jimmy has had.
Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:09 - Mar 20 with 2603 viewsSteve_M

that was very similar to several of Lambert's early games. Plenty of good stuff but not for 90 minutes, not enough goal thread and giving bad goals away at crucial times.

Cook was never going to be a panacea either but it's going to take an awful lot to turn this mess around.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:09 - Mar 20 with 2603 viewsgtsb1966

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:07 - Mar 20 by RobTheMonk

Should have got Cook in before the transfer window rather than letting Lambert go loan crazy.

I did hope for a new manager bounce though. You just have to look at Burton to see the positive impact Jimmy has had.

I think some of ours think they're too good for league one.
Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:12 - Mar 20 with 2572 viewsPositivelyPortman

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:09 - Mar 20 by gtsb1966

I think some of ours think they're too good for league one.

Sears said he’s defo good enough for the Championship!
Cook has at least seen through that fantasy.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:13 - Mar 20 with 2564 viewsthebooks

I think there’s some truth in what you say.

Lambert had do go for many, many reasons, and Cook is an improvement in terms of honesty, personality etc. etc.

However, he’s yet to have any real effect on our play and mentality on the pitch, and we need someone who can change that quickly. A Mick McCarthy or Joe Royle figure.

I don’t want to drift into next season like we did after Lambert’s relegation season. We need to demand more.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 15:18]
Login to get fewer ads

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:16 - Mar 20 with 2539 viewsKeaneish

Word of advice, save your £10 each game; football is lost on you.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:22 - Mar 20 with 2510 viewshaynes_toe1

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:16 - Mar 20 by Keaneish

Word of advice, save your £10 each game; football is lost on you.

I think its lost on you. Baring in mind how long you defended Lambert for - tells me everything I need to know about your ability to objectively analyse football.
Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:27 - Mar 20 with 2473 viewsRadlett_blue

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:09 - Mar 20 by Steve_M

that was very similar to several of Lambert's early games. Plenty of good stuff but not for 90 minutes, not enough goal thread and giving bad goals away at crucial times.

Cook was never going to be a panacea either but it's going to take an awful lot to turn this mess around.

It's a fair point to make that the second half performances in Cook's handful of games in charge have invariably been worse than the first halves. Today was a classic.
There was good endeavour from the start today, but we sagged after conceding when in control of the game. Portsmouth got on the front foot early in the 2nd half & there was next to no Town response to going behind. Still a real losing mentality amongst this group of players & that's not going to change soon.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:32 - Mar 20 with 2434 viewsKeaneish

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:22 - Mar 20 by haynes_toe1

I think its lost on you. Baring in mind how long you defended Lambert for - tells me everything I need to know about your ability to objectively analyse football.

All my posts on Lambert were objective, I never had any love for him and openly said he out stayed his welcome by a year. You’ve either got me confused with someone else or you’re trying to deflect.

I did however say a month or so before his appointment that Cook is the man for us and I stand by that. If you can’t see any improvement already then I refer to my original statement.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:32 - Mar 20 with 2429 viewsSteve_M

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:27 - Mar 20 by Radlett_blue

It's a fair point to make that the second half performances in Cook's handful of games in charge have invariably been worse than the first halves. Today was a classic.
There was good endeavour from the start today, but we sagged after conceding when in control of the game. Portsmouth got on the front foot early in the 2nd half & there was next to no Town response to going behind. Still a real losing mentality amongst this group of players & that's not going to change soon.

True, although that would also go for Accrington and Doncaster as well. Hull was probably the exception where we did okay well all match.

I thought we were struggling in the minutes leading up to the second goal today, couldn't get hold of the ball and really needed to change something at that point.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:40 - Mar 20 with 2396 viewsphillev231069

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:09 - Mar 20 by Steve_M

We seem to have a massive issue once we've conceded a goal and just seem to loose the plot, we need to be mentally stronger on the pitch!
Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:40 - Mar 20 with 2394 viewsstonojnr

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:05 - Mar 20 by gtsb1966

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Half this lot aren't good enough and the manager is having to work with what he has been left. It really is as simple as that. Come August I'll wager we have a new look side and will be playing far better attacking football. We're are all going to have to be patient until it's Cook's team and Cook's way.

where exactly are we going to get a new look side from ? we dont have a transfer budget big enough for wholesale changes in the side, and cant compete wage wise for quality players.

he's got to make a silk purse out of a sows ear, this is the team & squad he has got, thats his job now. to make this work, not play fantasy football transfers
Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:42 - Mar 20 with 2376 viewsTheBoyBlue

He has to start building for next season. If we get promoted, bonus, but in the long-term, these players have shown that they're not the future of this club. He's trying to get the most out of a good - though bloated - squad who collectively haven't got the mental strength to get us out of this division.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:45 - Mar 20 with 2354 viewsRadlett_blue

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:40 - Mar 20 by stonojnr

where exactly are we going to get a new look side from ? we dont have a transfer budget big enough for wholesale changes in the side, and cant compete wage wise for quality players.

he's got to make a silk purse out of a sows ear, this is the team & squad he has got, thats his job now. to make this work, not play fantasy football transfers

Cook has a good record of getting teams promoted from the lower leagues & he will have done that without huge transfer or wage budgets. Town will still have one of the highest wage bills in this division next season & I will be disappointed if Cook doesn't get us up by 2023. The fact so many players are out of contract in the summer is a great opportunity for him to bring in the right players for his system (& cut the bloated 40-man squad).

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:46 - Mar 20 with 2339 viewsgtsb1966

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:40 - Mar 20 by stonojnr

Wait and see. We WILL have a new look side next season that's for certain.
Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:46 - Mar 20 with 2335 viewschrismakin

What exactly was wrong with the subs?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:51 - Mar 20 with 2308 viewsjas0999

Cook didn’t have a fair opportunity. The sacking of PL was far to late. Cook can’t bring in new players. Inherited a terrible squad of players.
Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 16:03 - Mar 20 with 2255 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 15:22 - Mar 20 by haynes_toe1

You haven't got a clue about football. You just slate every manager as soon as they arrive because you know 90% of Ipswich managers fail. And it's simply to look good (in your own mind) on here. I've yet to see you "objectively analyse football."

Thankfully most if us can see through it.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 16:10 - Mar 20 with 2215 viewschrismakin

TBH the first half was the most organised, balanced and threatening side we've looked like all season

So yeah I saw something

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 16:11 - Mar 20 with 2202 viewspointofblue

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 16:10 - Mar 20 by chrismakin

TBH the first half was the most organised, balanced and threatening side we've looked like all season

So yeah I saw something

Same against Plymouth. But the opposition will change things to get back into it and that’s where we don’t seem to have an answer, on or off the pitch.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 16:13 - Mar 20 with 2189 viewschrismakin

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 16:11 - Mar 20 by pointofblue

Same against Plymouth. But the opposition will change things to get back into it and that’s where we don’t seem to have an answer, on or off the pitch.

And that is where the player problem comes into it,

Pepe wouldn't be able to turn this lot into winners, no chance

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 16:14 - Mar 20 with 2179 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Still yet to see any form of real improvement from Cook on 16:11 - Mar 20 by pointofblue

I don't think Pompey changed things particularly. They got a boost from an equaliser that was against the run of play, albeit a very good corner, and we can never sustain our good play (certainly not for 90 minutes). That's the long and short of it.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024