Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Line Of Duty Season 6-Spoilers 22:11 - Mar 21 with 30487 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I know there are a few watchers on here..

Interesting episode, a few references to earlier seasons and I was convinced they were saying Jizz for most of that episode.

That Brummie cop is dodgy.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2021 9:54]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Line Of Duty Season 6 on 04:13 - Mar 22 with 7815 viewswkj

FYI - You might want to put a spoiler tag in the subject line of this message before people jump in talking about it.

Jizz, or Chis is an acronym for 'Covert Human Intelligence Source' - though I think Informant could be easier to follow rather than introduce a new term so late into the show.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2021 12:44]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Line Of Duty Season 6 on 04:31 - Mar 22 with 7813 viewsRyorry

I've always enjoyed the show previously, but thought last night's ep poor in comparison - disjointed, didn't seem to hang together particularly well, & I know some have always found it somewhat lacking in credibility, but that was the first time it's stood out for me.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Line Of Duty Season 6 on 06:46 - Mar 22 with 7755 viewsmikeybloo88

Line Of Duty Season 6 on 04:31 - Mar 22 by Ryorry

I've always enjoyed the show previously, but thought last night's ep poor in comparison - disjointed, didn't seem to hang together particularly well, & I know some have always found it somewhat lacking in credibility, but that was the first time it's stood out for me.

Yes, thought it felt a bit contrived and rather underwhelming...last series was going that way too I thought.
Line Of Duty Season 6 on 06:56 - Mar 22 with 7749 viewsBlueNomad

Line Of Duty Season 6 on 06:46 - Mar 22 by mikeybloo88

Yes, thought it felt a bit contrived and rather underwhelming...last series was going that way too I thought.

Slow burner hopefully.
Line Of Duty Season 6 on 09:54 - Mar 22 with 7621 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I imagine that like previous series it starts a bit clunky and picks up when it unravels. I think the amount of references to earlier series made it a bit complicated. 7 episodes this time so plenty of time to pick up

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Line Of Duty Season 6 on 12:00 - Mar 22 with 7531 viewsRyorry

Line Of Duty Season 6 on 09:54 - Mar 22 by TRUE_BLUE123

I imagine that like previous series it starts a bit clunky and picks up when it unravels. I think the amount of references to earlier series made it a bit complicated. 7 episodes this time so plenty of time to pick up

Fingers crossed!

There were some very interesting hidden links & references (some very amusing & cheeky ones!) back to previous series on Twitter last night, will post links later if I have time.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2021 12:03]

Line Of Duty Season 6 on 12:10 - Mar 22 with 7517 viewsgreyhound

Line Of Duty Season 6 on 09:54 - Mar 22 by TRUE_BLUE123

I've heard mixed reviews. Won't stop me from giving it a look to make my own mind up. Was expecting big things from this though
Line Of Duty Season 6-Spoilers on 12:38 - Mar 22 with 7466 viewswkj

So here is what I see as happened so far. I believe the show has skipped forward a couple of years, which will be important as the show will likely end up very flashback heavy.

Boyle is obviously the same chap who was bullied by Tommy's gang from the very start. Someone has a vested interest in using him as a pawn.

Ryan, who at the end of S5 joined the police force as a plant from the OCG was actually the same gobby little kid on a bike in S1 (A fact many miss if they binge it apparently). So, what I think we're seeing is him starting to pull the strings as the new 'caddy'.

I don't think DCI Davidson is a bad person, certainly not as bad is they want you to believe as is so often the formula for the show. However, notice she has a ridiculous amount of locks on her door - quite possibly afraid of the OCG as she is on the hook or has made too much noise. It is quite possible there is a family tie between her and Tommy as well.

Back to the first point though - did anyone take a look at the copper in the car that Boyle was transported in at the end? A young, male, police officer that could quite well turn out to be Ryan who is continuing his abuse of Boyle to cover their tracks.

As for Buckles being dodgy? That is a growing theory that could be true - though they need to start building his character more if that is to be the case. I actually think Buckles is not directly involved, but rather a puppet of the OCG high ranking police officer. This puppet is a seemingly incompetent character, perfectly placed to let things slide - and routinely placed in the thick of the action - just to be ineffective.

So, In short -

- Ryan is pulling the strings with Boyle as the OCG are trying to resituate the bodies in his freezer. He could well now be Boyles police handler.

- DCI Davidson is very aware of the OCG on a personal level, and is very good at gaslighting - possibly on a personal crusade to bring down the OCG as she has no faith in anticorruption. Clearly a reason why she's happy having Kate on the team as she will always have the undercover instinct. However, this character is very much working as a vigilante.

- Kate could well be put in the line of fire as she unwittingly assists in DCI Davidson's crusade.

- Steve is clearly going mad at the fact his girlfriend is portrayed by another actress, and he may just go on a pill + corona (beer) rampage and attempt to sleep with everyone.

- Hastings is out of the cool club - something that crime Commissioner Rohan Sindwhani is happy about.

-Crime Commissioner Rohan Sindwhani was probably being caused a lot of grief by a nosey Gail Vella - investigating his role in downplaying the corruption in the force, but is now dead. While I don't think this character is H #4- I certainly think he has the capacity to hire a hit to cover his ass, and is probably now on the hook of the OCG rather than a big fish pulling the strings.

Fun Fact -

Chloe Bishop, the character that Arnott is prickly towards at AC12, is probably going to end up being Tony Gates' (S1) daughter. His daughter's names in Season 1 were Chloe and Natalie. Hence why I believe the time jump to be significant.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2021 12:42]

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

Line Of Duty Season 6 on 12:46 - Mar 22 with 7448 viewswkj

I think there are 2 reasons for this. Much of the show was shut under lockdown, and the show is dealing with a time jump. Episode 1 is probably to develop the new character somewhat quickly, and more cohesion will flow from E2 onwards.

Crybaby

Line Of Duty Season 6 on 14:30 - Mar 22 with 7401 viewsRyorry

Line Of Duty Season 6 on 12:46 - Mar 22 by wkj

I think there are 2 reasons for this. Much of the show was shut under lockdown, and the show is dealing with a time jump. Episode 1 is probably to develop the new character somewhat quickly, and more cohesion will flow from E2 onwards.

Had forgotten about it being shot during lockdown - v. good point 👍

Line Of Duty Season 6-Spoilers on 15:00 - Mar 22 with 7378 viewsIP4_Blue

Think i'm the only person that's never seen Line of Duty!

I might start watching on catchup from the very beginning
Line Of Duty Season 6-Spoilers on 15:04 - Mar 22 with 7372 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Line Of Duty Season 6-Spoilers on 12:38 - Mar 22 by wkj

So here is what I see as happened so far. I believe the show has skipped forward a couple of years, which will be important as the show will likely end up very flashback heavy.

Boyle is obviously the same chap who was bullied by Tommy's gang from the very start. Someone has a vested interest in using him as a pawn.

Ryan, who at the end of S5 joined the police force as a plant from the OCG was actually the same gobby little kid on a bike in S1 (A fact many miss if they binge it apparently). So, what I think we're seeing is him starting to pull the strings as the new 'caddy'.

I don't think DCI Davidson is a bad person, certainly not as bad is they want you to believe as is so often the formula for the show. However, notice she has a ridiculous amount of locks on her door - quite possibly afraid of the OCG as she is on the hook or has made too much noise. It is quite possible there is a family tie between her and Tommy as well.

Back to the first point though - did anyone take a look at the copper in the car that Boyle was transported in at the end? A young, male, police officer that could quite well turn out to be Ryan who is continuing his abuse of Boyle to cover their tracks.

As for Buckles being dodgy? That is a growing theory that could be true - though they need to start building his character more if that is to be the case. I actually think Buckles is not directly involved, but rather a puppet of the OCG high ranking police officer. This puppet is a seemingly incompetent character, perfectly placed to let things slide - and routinely placed in the thick of the action - just to be ineffective.

So, In short -

- Ryan is pulling the strings with Boyle as the OCG are trying to resituate the bodies in his freezer. He could well now be Boyles police handler.

- DCI Davidson is very aware of the OCG on a personal level, and is very good at gaslighting - possibly on a personal crusade to bring down the OCG as she has no faith in anticorruption. Clearly a reason why she's happy having Kate on the team as she will always have the undercover instinct. However, this character is very much working as a vigilante.

- Kate could well be put in the line of fire as she unwittingly assists in DCI Davidson's crusade.

- Steve is clearly going mad at the fact his girlfriend is portrayed by another actress, and he may just go on a pill + corona (beer) rampage and attempt to sleep with everyone.

- Hastings is out of the cool club - something that crime Commissioner Rohan Sindwhani is happy about.

-Crime Commissioner Rohan Sindwhani was probably being caused a lot of grief by a nosey Gail Vella - investigating his role in downplaying the corruption in the force, but is now dead. While I don't think this character is H #4- I certainly think he has the capacity to hire a hit to cover his ass, and is probably now on the hook of the OCG rather than a big fish pulling the strings.

Fun Fact -

Chloe Bishop, the character that Arnott is prickly towards at AC12, is probably going to end up being Tony Gates' (S1) daughter. His daughter's names in Season 1 were Chloe and Natalie. Hence why I believe the time jump to be significant.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2021 12:42]

A lot to unpick there WKJ

One thing I certainly agree with is that Davidson I don’t think is explicitly dodgy, I think she is a relation to Tommy Hunter but certainly not daughter, doesn’t make sense age wise.

The picture of that women at the end that they focused on for so long, it has to be significant. Is that Anne Marie, Corbetts mother from the last series ?

I think Kate may be someone who Steve and Ted take the most interest in as they learn more about that team, leading to an interesting relationship.

They also mentioned Carl Banks, brother of Lee banks the OCG member from earlier series?

I’m certainly still trying to work out where this season is going, Mecurio has a crazy brain.

Line Of Duty Season 6-Spoilers on 15:05 - Mar 22 with 7370 viewswkj

Line Of Duty Season 6-Spoilers on 15:00 - Mar 22 by IP4_Blue

Think i'm the only person that's never seen Line of Duty!

I might start watching on catchup from the very beginning

I don't usually follow the hype shows usually, but watched it at 3am while bored on lock down. It is quite a fun show with some great characters, although you have to apply "showbiz" logic to some of the plot.

Crybaby

Line Of Duty Season 6-Spoilers on 15:05 - Mar 22 with 7370 viewsMB26

I think it perhaps needed a understated start after what was, for me, such a bummer of a ending to the last series. The tapped on 'Morse code' was just pants and felt like they had wrote themselves into a corner they didn't how to get out of.

However, it's a fantastic programme and has earned my respect enough for one bad ending not to taint the overall product. A good start with plenty of tension and continuation of the overarching plot.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2021 15:09]
Line Of Duty Season 6-Spoilers on 15:15 - Mar 22 with 7339 viewsIP4_Blue

Line Of Duty Season 6-Spoilers on 15:05 - Mar 22 by wkj

I don't usually follow the hype shows usually, but watched it at 3am while bored on lock down. It is quite a fun show with some great characters, although you have to apply "showbiz" logic to some of the plot.

Cool will give it a go
Line Of Duty Season 6-Spoilers on 15:22 - Mar 22 with 7331 viewsRyorry

Line Of Duty Season 6-Spoilers on 15:04 - Mar 22 by TRUE_BLUE123

A lot to unpick there WKJ

One thing I certainly agree with is that Davidson I don’t think is explicitly dodgy, I think she is a relation to Tommy Hunter but certainly not daughter, doesn’t make sense age wise.

The picture of that women at the end that they focused on for so long, it has to be significant. Is that Anne Marie, Corbetts mother from the last series ?

I think Kate may be someone who Steve and Ted take the most interest in as they learn more about that team, leading to an interesting relationship.

They also mentioned Carl Banks, brother of Lee banks the OCG member from earlier series?

I’m certainly still trying to work out where this season is going, Mecurio has a crazy brain.

I'm wondering if the name Carl Banks, a young man with a disability, is just coincidence, or if it's meant to carry some resonance with Carl Beech? (the notorious individual heavily involved in the paedophile scandal of a few years ago). Maybe too much of a stretch, but you never know with Jed M.

Line Of Duty Season 6-Spoilers on 15:25 - Mar 22 with 7325 viewsitfcjoe

Line Of Duty Season 6-Spoilers on 15:05 - Mar 22 by wkj

I think one area you may have wrong end of stick with is all the locks on Davidson’s door.

She has clearly just moved out of Ferida house, which doesn’t have the same security set up - and fact she needs all keys to get in, and out, of the property, may suggest someone is locked in there, opposed to being locked out.

Otherwise how is the vastly different security situations explained?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Line Of Duty Season 6-Spoilers on 22:03 - Mar 28 with 7040 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

That episode was decent. Pace picked up.

Line Of Duty Season 6-Spoilers on 22:09 - Mar 28 with 7025 viewsitfcjoe

Line Of Duty Season 6-Spoilers on 22:03 - Mar 28 by TRUE_BLUE123

That episode was decent. Pace picked up.

I didn't feel it moved it on particularly far though - guess key scene the one at the very end which was, presumably, to show that Jo is doing this against her will and is trapped by the OCG and the corrupt officers

Few little crumbs dropped like the Steve/Steph meeting, Kate and Jo's relationship, and Ted's meeting with the PCC......but feels as though what has happened is bow clear as day and it's just a case of finding out who has pulled the strings, and why

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Line Of Duty Season 6-Spoilers on 22:17 - Mar 28 with 7004 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Line Of Duty Season 6-Spoilers on 22:09 - Mar 28 by itfcjoe

I didn't feel it moved it on particularly far though - guess key scene the one at the very end which was, presumably, to show that Jo is doing this against her will and is trapped by the OCG and the corrupt officers

Few little crumbs dropped like the Steve/Steph meeting, Kate and Jo's relationship, and Ted's meeting with the PCC......but feels as though what has happened is bow clear as day and it's just a case of finding out who has pulled the strings, and why

I was convinced last episode that the long zoom on the picture of Davidson’s mother, I assume mother meant something. The OCG clearly have something on her, maybe they have her mother ?

I’m still not convinced that Kate isn’t deep undercover, but only Ted knows. Ted only released Davidson to keep an eye on her. He knows the other lady isn’t guilty. Not sure who the Person pulling the strings is. The Brummie bloke is too thick. The other top dogs haven’t had much screen time.

Line Of Duty Season 6-Spoilers on 22:29 - Mar 28 with 6957 viewsBent_double

Line Of Duty Season 6-Spoilers on 22:17 - Mar 28 by TRUE_BLUE123

I was convinced last episode that the long zoom on the picture of Davidson’s mother, I assume mother meant something. The OCG clearly have something on her, maybe they have her mother ?

I’m still not convinced that Kate isn’t deep undercover, but only Ted knows. Ted only released Davidson to keep an eye on her. He knows the other lady isn’t guilty. Not sure who the Person pulling the strings is. The Brummie bloke is too thick. The other top dogs haven’t had much screen time.

To my simple mind, I just assumed the focusing on the family pic was to show her to be lying, as she had only just told her 'ex' that she didn't have a family.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Line Of Duty Season 6-Spoilers on 22:37 - Mar 28 with 6943 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Line Of Duty Season 6-Spoilers on 22:29 - Mar 28 by Bent_double

To my simple mind, I just assumed the focusing on the family pic was to show her to be lying, as she had only just told her 'ex' that she didn't have a family.

It probably makes far more sense.

But this is Jed Mercurio. His brain doesn’t work like a normal human.

Line Of Duty Season 6 on 23:11 - Mar 28 with 6868 viewsNthQldITFC

Line Of Duty Season 6 on 04:13 - Mar 22 by wkj

FYI - You might want to put a spoiler tag in the subject line of this message before people jump in talking about it.

Jizz, or Chis is an acronym for 'Covert Human Intelligence Source' - though I think Informant could be easier to follow rather than introduce a new term so late into the show.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2021 12:44]

Grass.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Line Of Duty Season 6-Spoilers on 07:16 - Mar 29 with 6790 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Line Of Duty Season 6-Spoilers on 22:17 - Mar 28 by TRUE_BLUE123

Anyone else notice the voice in the podcast recording... Jimmy Lakewell from series 4. Same bloke plays Neil in the Office

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Line Of Duty Season 6-Spoilers on 08:39 - Mar 29 with 6708 viewsMB26

A much juicer episode and more Ted is always a bonus. A few bits I'm not particularly a fan of.

1.) The unnecessary romantic storylines/subplots. Kate and Davidson might turn out to be some sort of clever manipulation but if it's purely to add another layer I don't think it's needed whatsoever. Same with Steve and John's wife.

2.) The way in which Ryan is hiding in plain sight whenever Steve is around. It's a bit campy to me, is he going to hide behind a newspaper with eyeholes cut out next time?

Overall it's been quite a linear story so far which by Line of Duty standards generally means there's a twist or two to come.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024