Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our 'easy' run-in ... 12:46 - Mar 22 with 3472 viewsEl_Fenix

We will mostly be playing teams in the lower third of the table. Do we have an easy run-in? Perhaps not. To begin with, 7 out of the 11 games are away from home. Beyond that ...

The bottom 6 clubs in League One are separated by 2 points. Four teams will go down, two will stay up. ITFC will be facing a series of teams who are fighting for their lives. This is not the type of challenge that the team embraces ...

Next Saturday away at Wigan, the 'form' team will be Wigan, who have 7 points from their last 5 games, compared to 4 points for ITFC. Wigan has scored the same number of goals this season (39) as ITFC. Former Town striker Will Keane has scored 5 of the goals and will be motivated to score against a former club.

Masochistic ITFC supporters (a potential oxymoron ...) may enjoy making their personal assessments of Paul Hurst's failed efforts to sign Curtis Tilt ...

We live in interesting times ...

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 12:49 - Mar 22 with 2568 viewsHerbivore

Although it's worth adding that those teams are fighting for survival in the first place because they're utter sh!te.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 12:52 - Mar 22 with 2550 viewstextbackup

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 12:49 - Mar 22 by Herbivore

Although it's worth adding that those teams are fighting for survival in the first place because they're utter sh!te.

but against teams that fight, our lot seem to shrink

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 12:53 - Mar 22 with 2548 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Fighting for their lives or not, they do not posses the quality of Portsmouth for example, who can play poorly for 40 minutes and then score. Our record against the bottom teams is also very good.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 12:56 - Mar 22 with 2510 viewsBlueBadger

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 12:53 - Mar 22 by JammyDodgerrr

Fighting for their lives or not, they do not posses the quality of Portsmouth for example, who can play poorly for 40 minutes and then score. Our record against the bottom teams is also very good.

If there's one thing that we've generally been good at this past two seasons it's been being flat-track bullies.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 12:57 - Mar 22 with 2507 viewsHerbivore

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 12:52 - Mar 22 by textbackup

Maybe. Our record against the bottom 8 this season though is played 8, won 6, drawn 1, lost 1. Whilst those sides might show a bit more over the rest of the season we shouldn't really be fearing our run in. It is an easy run in by any measure.

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 12:57 - Mar 22 with 2485 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 12:52 - Mar 22 by textbackup

And they are now playing under added pressure. Can they handle it?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 12:58 - Mar 22 with 2478 viewsEl_Fenix

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 12:53 - Mar 22 by JammyDodgerrr

With some worrying exceptions, such as Swindon at home and Northampton at home ...

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 13:00 - Mar 22 with 2465 viewsHerbivore

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 12:58 - Mar 22 by El_Fenix

With some worrying exceptions, such as Swindon at home and Northampton at home ...

They are the only two exceptions. We've won six of our eight games against the bottom eight.

Login to get fewer ads

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 13:03 - Mar 22 with 2442 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 13:00 - Mar 22 by Herbivore

They are the only two exceptions. We've won six of our eight games against the bottom eight.

And the previous game versus Swindon was just nonsense to be honest. It is literally the easiest run-in we could ask for.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 13:03 - Mar 22 with 2441 viewsSitfcB

We basically need to kill the game off in the first 20/30 minutes and be 3/4-0 up come HT I think

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 13:04 - Mar 22 with 2428 viewsjayessess

There's not much evidence that most relegation-threatened teams suddenly start picking up loads more points during the run-in. Most of them are down there because they're bad, not because they aren't properly motivated.

The bigger issue is our form, especially Tuesday. Play like Tuesday and pretty much anyone in the division will turn us over, no matter how lowly.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 13:14 - Mar 22 with 2388 viewsIllinoisblue

Is a myth.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 13:16 - Mar 22 with 2383 viewsHerbivore

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 13:14 - Mar 22 by Illinoisblue

Is a myth.

We've got 11 games left and 8 of them are against sides in the bottom 8. Two more are against sides currently in the bottom half. It's about as easy a run in as you can get. That doesn't mean we won't balls it up, but I don't see any argument that our run in is anything other than very kind.

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 13:25 - Mar 22 with 2346 viewsIllinoisblue

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 13:16 - Mar 22 by Herbivore

We've got 11 games left and 8 of them are against sides in the bottom 8. Two more are against sides currently in the bottom half. It's about as easy a run in as you can get. That doesn't mean we won't balls it up, but I don't see any argument that our run in is anything other than very kind.

We’ve been terrible for the best part of 3 years now. I just don’t buy into this easy games narrative. This group of players has shown little to no fight for a long time now. Can’t see it suddenly changing.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 13:29 - Mar 22 with 2317 viewsHighgateBlue

The away games point is a very valid one. We score about 32% more points per game at home than we do away.
Our 'easy' run-in ... on 13:38 - Mar 22 with 2281 viewsHerbivore

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 13:25 - Mar 22 by Illinoisblue

We’ve been terrible for the best part of 3 years now. I just don’t buy into this easy games narrative. This group of players has shown little to no fight for a long time now. Can’t see it suddenly changing.

That's a separate issue. The games we have are objectively about as easy as could be. We might well balls it up but that doesn't mean we have a difficult run of fixtures. Despite us being rubbish we've won 6 and drawn 1 of our 8 games against the bottom 8 this season. I really don't see any argument that this isn't an easy run in to be honest, pessimism about our chances of winning these games is a reflection on how you feel about us.

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 13:46 - Mar 22 with 2247 viewsOldsmoker

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 12:57 - Mar 22 by Herbivore

Maybe. Our record against the bottom 8 this season though is played 8, won 6, drawn 1, lost 1. Whilst those sides might show a bit more over the rest of the season we shouldn't really be fearing our run in. It is an easy run in by any measure.

Ipswich get auto-promotion!
The ground-breaking idea from Paul Cook to play ITFC remaining games 'on paper' rather than on a pitch was seen as inspirational.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 13:51 - Mar 22 with 2228 viewsHerbivore

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 13:46 - Mar 22 by Oldsmoker

The ground-breaking idea from Paul Cook to play ITFC remaining games 'on paper' rather than on a pitch was seen as inspirational.

Not really sure what your point is, at this stage of the season it's pretty evident that the bottom 8 are crap on the pitch as well as on paper.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2021 13:51]

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 13:55 - Mar 22 with 2203 viewsjayessess

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 13:46 - Mar 22 by Oldsmoker

By definition our record against these teams isn't on paper, is it?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 14:04 - Mar 22 with 2176 viewsclive_baker

Whenever I've seen Curtis Tilt he's looked very average, I don't understand why there was so much excitement surrounding him.

As for the run in, they're easier on paper I guess but there's little to choose between the majority of sides in this division. I don't think there's a great deal of difference between a Gillingham and a Wigan for example despite the 13 places between them. If we don't play well and fail to create chances we'll keep plodding along, average a point a game or so and limp to 10th. If we get going we can beat anyone and who knows where that'll leave us. I'm less concerned with the opponents to be honest, and more interested in us establishing our identity and threatening the odd attack or 2.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 14:07 - Mar 22 with 2168 viewsOldsmoker

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 13:51 - Mar 22 by Herbivore

Not really sure what your point is, at this stage of the season it's pretty evident that the bottom 8 are crap on the pitch as well as on paper.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2021 13:51]

My point is that we should beat these teams.
But you know as well as I do that Town will find some way to mess it up.
Time to play the "Get out of Lg1 Free" card - if only one existed.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 14:13 - Mar 22 with 2146 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Obvious point but this really is make or break for almost all the playing squad. There can be little argument to keep more than a couple of them if we don't have a very good fist at getting in the top 6 from here.

It's as much a mental thing in my view and as plenty have said for a long while now, that isn't easy to change. There are too many of them, influential players in the dressing room, who repeatedly fail. This is clearly their final chance.
Our 'easy' run-in ... on 14:44 - Mar 22 with 2118 viewsHerbivore

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 14:07 - Mar 22 by Oldsmoker

My point is that we should beat these teams.
But you know as well as I do that Town will find some way to mess it up.
Time to play the "Get out of Lg1 Free" card - if only one existed.

Although 6 wins and 1 draw against these sides in 8 games to date suggests we can and should get results against them. It's an easy run in, we couldn't have come up with a much easier one if we'd picked the games ourselves. Of course it's possible, likely even, that we'll piss it up but that's a reflection on us rather than the very kind fixture list we've been dealt.

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 14:47 - Mar 22 with 2108 viewsArnieM

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 12:49 - Mar 22 by Herbivore

Yes but playing against teams with something to fight for are notoriously difficult to play against . It won’t be an easy run in by any stretch of the imagination will it ! Our lot are a bunch of snowflakes , who struggle to score one goal and incapable of keeping them out . Plus our away form isn’t great .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 14:51 - Mar 22 with 2096 viewsHerbivore

Our 'easy' run-in ... on 14:47 - Mar 22 by ArnieM

Yes but playing against teams with something to fight for are notoriously difficult to play against . It won’t be an easy run in by any stretch of the imagination will it ! Our lot are a bunch of snowflakes , who struggle to score one goal and incapable of keeping them out . Plus our away form isn’t great .

How rubbish we are is a reflection on us, not a reflection on the fixtures we have left. Our run in is by any measure an easy one. If we don't pick up many points it doesn't mean they were actually really tough games, it means we're not up to it. I don't see how a run of 11 games where 10 of them are against sides in the bottom half can be seen as anything other than an easy run of games.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024