Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? 11:36 - Mar 25 with 2047 viewsBlueWorldOrder

So let me get this straight. Lambert was a bad manager but we agree the players are good enough to get promoted. So why can't Cook get anything out of them? In 2 years time if things have not improved will that be Lambert's or Cooks fault?

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 11:38 - Mar 25 with 1982 viewschrismakin

Strange question

Obviously it would be cook as he would have been here 2 years had 4 transfer windows himself and I cant see 1 player being here in 2 years who is part of the squad now.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 11:39 - Mar 25 with 1992 viewsfooters

Jesus. What a load of bedwetters.

Anyway, what about this takeover?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 11:40 - Mar 25 with 1962 viewsMetal_Hacker

Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 11:39 - Mar 25 by footers

It's imminent innit

Poll: If it were one or the other

Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 11:42 - Mar 25 with 1959 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Cross that bridge when / if we come to it.

Are you Paul Lambert?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The issues with Lambert ran..... on 11:42 - Mar 25 with 1977 viewsBloots

...a lot deeper than just the team's performance.

His personality was dragging the club down to even lower depths than his lack of coaching ability were.

His relationships with the players was awful, he was isolating himself from everyone, including his staff and the press.

His attitude to poor performances was just to thrown more sh*t at the wall and see if any of it stuck.

He'd given up without ever achieving anything.

I've got no doubt that PC will improve us, whether that's in the short term, or whether that's even with this group of players remains to be seen.

You can't undo all Lambert's damage quickly.

Lambert out.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 11:44 - Mar 25 with 1969 viewsMattinLondon

Anyone would think that Cook has been here for a long time.

Who agreed that the players are good enough?
Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 11:44 - Mar 25 with 1956 viewsBluefish

FOPRP

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 11:44 - Mar 25 with 1963 viewsclive_baker

Cook has been here 5 minutes, Lambert had nearly 2.5 years.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2021 11:44]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 11:58 - Mar 25 with 1910 viewsjayessess

You keep doing this thread/comment and I've no idea why when the answer is fairly straightforward.

The longer Cook is here, the more responsibility for the state of the club he has. At present he has been here 23 days, so he is barely responsible for anything. In 2 years time, he'll have been here longer than the average EFL manager lasts, so he'll be in on the hook for a lot more. Get it?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 12:01 - Mar 25 with 1901 viewsBlueBadger

This is the most long-winded, yet feeble attempt to let Lambert off the hook yet.

He was sh1t, he's gone. Get over it.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2021 12:08]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 12:11 - Mar 25 with 1885 viewsBlueBadger

Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 11:44 - Mar 25 by clive_baker

Cook has been here 5 minutes, Lambert had nearly 2.5 years.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2021 11:44]

Also worth pointing out that this week is the first real opportunity he's had to PROPERLY work with the players.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 12:12 - Mar 25 with 1869 viewschrismakin

Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 12:11 - Mar 25 by BlueBadger

Also worth pointing out that this week is the first real opportunity he's had to PROPERLY work with the players.

And in that week. Hes already learnt alot about the lack the fitness within the team.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 12:12 - Mar 25 with 1883 viewsMattinLondon

Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 11:39 - Mar 25 by footers

The takeover is not happening. Evans has rejuvenated himself have another stab at being incompetent.
Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 14:32 - Mar 25 with 1768 viewsSuperCoops

Why does the thread starter seemingly want us to fail so much?

Jeez, give it time! You do realise Cook has had hardly any training sessions with the team because of the Saturday-Tuesday routine (due to Covid) since he arrived? That means he gets limited time to work with the players on things he needs to because you're nurturing players through the busy schedule of games, rest and/or injuries.

It doesn't happen overnight. Calm down, dear.
Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 14:37 - Mar 25 with 1737 viewsBlueBadger

Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 14:32 - Mar 25 by SuperCoops

Why does the thread starter seemingly want us to fail so much?

Jeez, give it time! You do realise Cook has had hardly any training sessions with the team because of the Saturday-Tuesday routine (due to Covid) since he arrived? That means he gets limited time to work with the players on things he needs to because you're nurturing players through the busy schedule of games, rest and/or injuries.

It doesn't happen overnight. Calm down, dear.

Pining for Free Beer and New Grounds, I reckon.

Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 15:03 - Mar 25 with 1707 viewsSwailsey

Have a day off man.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 15:55 - Mar 25 with 1644 viewskizaitfc

Who is this "we"?

I dont think these players are good enough to get promoted.

The blame was on Lambert because he had time to change that but instead signed players that added very little.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 18:03 - Mar 25 with 1573 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 18:06 - Mar 25 with 1565 viewsSwansea_Blue

I quite agree. We need to imagine that Cook will fail in 2 years time, get the preemptive blubs in now, and ideally sack him now too before he even has the chance to fail. Genius.

Gary Megson anyone?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 15:57 - Apr 22 with 1142 viewsBlueWorldOrder

I still stand by this. When does it become Cooks fault? When he's allowed to release the players who until before his arrival were regarded as one of the best squads in the league and replace them with what? Under FFP what can he bring in thats going to win this league? How is he going to get them playing better football than he has with this squad, which again everyone agreed was good before.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 16:00 - Apr 22 with 1124 viewsSpruceMoose

Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 15:57 - Apr 22 by BlueWorldOrder

I still stand by this. When does it become Cooks fault? When he's allowed to release the players who until before his arrival were regarded as one of the best squads in the league and replace them with what? Under FFP what can he bring in thats going to win this league? How is he going to get them playing better football than he has with this squad, which again everyone agreed was good before.

Jesus wept. It might be time to put you on the list. Sorry pal, you're being too much.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 16:02]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 16:26 - Apr 22 with 1085 viewsChurchman

Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 15:57 - Apr 22 by BlueWorldOrder

Ok, people have explained to you that many people didn’t think the squad was that great and most that did, including me, realised by Christmas 2019 they weren’t and neither was the windbag that ‘managed’ them. Lambert has had two and a half years and five transfer windows and Cook has had barely enough time to get Lamberts 10 piece jigsaw puzzle down the charity shop. He’s had 12 games and less than 2 months in the job.

It will take Cook at least one transfer window to start forming a team; more likely longer than that. However, it’ll be pretty obvious pretty quickly whether Tugboat Town are heading in the right direction for the first time in nearly 20 years. A manager was once given 3 years at decent clubs to do something. Those days are gone, but I think he deserves a bit more than 12 games, 2 months with somebody else’s dross. The longer he is here after the summer transfer window, the more accountable he is.

He can’t get this lot playing any better because he doesn’t do magic. They’re incapable. He will have to replace most of them. Who knows, he may even be able to find a few players capable of keeping themselves fit.

Give him and the new owners a chance. They may fail, but let’s try and be positive after 14 years of Evans’ dead hand.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 17:01]
Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 16:34 - Apr 22 with 1068 viewsSuperCoops

Jesus H Christ.
Will it still be Lamberts fault in 2 years time? on 16:36 - Apr 22 with 1061 viewswkj

Doesn't matter what the squad are regarded as, that assumption simply wasn't true at all.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024