Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat 12:39 - Mar 25 with 4893 viewsLord_Lucan

on Portman Rd near to the ground where Spencer and his merry men of Punk Rockers lived (squated?) and were all hanging out of the windows and being punky before every game resplendent in a rainbow of hair colours and spikey styles?

And while we are reminiscing - who remembers the punk (can't remember his name) with a huge mohican who spent all day every day sitting on a wall at Electric House sniffing glue - he eventually died I believe.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 12:42 - Mar 25 with 4236 viewsGaryCooper

Remember it very well, used to be the calling point for the fast stuff.
The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 12:46 - Mar 25 with 4216 viewsBarcaBlue

I remember Spencer, was on nodding / grunting terms with a few of them there. Always thought the Church (St Stephens? where the tourist office is now) was the glue sniffing hotspot.
The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 12:54 - Mar 25 with 4197 viewsgainsboroughblue

This could be worth a look. A few no longer with us unfortunately.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 13:09 - Mar 25 with 4119 viewsBarcaBlue

The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 12:54 - Mar 25 by gainsboroughblue

Wow! So many people I haven't thought about in over 30 years, a couple of really good friends I'm stiĺl in contact with, one ex girlfriend and the Star seller.

Thanks for posting.
The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 13:14 - Mar 25 with 4089 viewsLord_Lucan

The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 12:54 - Mar 25 by gainsboroughblue

Thanks for posting that, I'll have a look tonight. I probably wouldn't know many, if any but my cousin was on the punk scene in Ipswich back then before she moved back to London. I think The Cock and Pye was their place of choice - when the bar was on the correct side of the pub!

I know there were some great old photos of Ipswich skins but I just looked to see if they were on youtube now but alas not.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2021 13:15]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 13:40 - Mar 25 with 4012 viewsstringy

Cover shot is Jerry (original bassist of Extreme Noise Terror) and Monster on right; both still with us, though the latter has alas been a bit poorly of late

Spencer, bald and somewhat toothless, I last saw at the reunion gig of Panorama in Black (with Jim P. [ex-manager of Parrot Records] and Jim Harding [now based in LA, along with Monkey and Pete of the Adicts], plus Dave Turner guesting on bass [ex-Still Life in Action]).

Many from those days still around, Rikki Flag (who I used to write Terminal Boredom fanzine with) was a season ticket holder in North Stand til about three years ago; while a host of others can be found via the Facebook Ipswich and East Anglia punk history page.

A couple alas are no longer with us, not least Phil Vane and Pete Hurley from ENT (RIP), also Jim Mayhew (Threat), Roy Hedges and Niall
[Post edited 25 Mar 2021 13:49]
The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 14:21 - Mar 25 with 3894 viewsgainsboroughblue

The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 13:40 - Mar 25 by stringy

Cover shot is Jerry (original bassist of Extreme Noise Terror) and Monster on right; both still with us, though the latter has alas been a bit poorly of late

Spencer, bald and somewhat toothless, I last saw at the reunion gig of Panorama in Black (with Jim P. [ex-manager of Parrot Records] and Jim Harding [now based in LA, along with Monkey and Pete of the Adicts], plus Dave Turner guesting on bass [ex-Still Life in Action]).

Many from those days still around, Rikki Flag (who I used to write Terminal Boredom fanzine with) was a season ticket holder in North Stand til about three years ago; while a host of others can be found via the Facebook Ipswich and East Anglia punk history page.

A couple alas are no longer with us, not least Phil Vane and Pete Hurley from ENT (RIP), also Jim Mayhew (Threat), Roy Hedges and Niall

I was about half a decade or so too young to properly appreciate those times. I do remember seeing Red Flag when I was quite young, at the Oxborrows hotel I think.

As you say, several still about but only really on nodding terms with most of them. Hopefully ETP's Christmas gig will go ahead this year.

The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 19:11 - Mar 25 with 3647 viewsLord_Lucan

Some old Ipswich Skins photos

Login to get fewer ads

The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 19:38 - Mar 25 with 3597 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 13:40 - Mar 25 by stringy

"Terminal Boredom" Fanzine.

How did that not survive? I guess it would have been very apt for many recent seasons.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 20:22 - Mar 25 with 3529 viewsBarcaBlue

The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 19:11 - Mar 25 by Lord_Lucan

I recognize 2 or 3 there, a couple of brothers that lived on Roundwood Road I think. There was another i remember who asked me if I could swim...I was standing next to the Round Pond at Christchurch Park. Didn't really get on with Ipswich skin 'orns.
The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 20:37 - Mar 25 with 3488 viewsLord_Lucan

The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 20:22 - Mar 25 by BarcaBlue

I recognize 2 or 3 there, a couple of brothers that lived on Roundwood Road I think. There was another i remember who asked me if I could swim...I was standing next to the Round Pond at Christchurch Park. Didn't really get on with Ipswich skin 'orns.

I was never really in to the skinhead scene, well I was for a few months but that was it.

Mostly they were all a bit unhinged. One of the guys on one of the pics remains a good friend but the rest I just don't know what became of them - well apart from a couple I have seen relatively recently.

I think the original skins back in late 60's / early 70's (before my time) looked ok but the 2nd generation all seemed like they needed a good wash. They were always a bit confused as to whether they should embrace Ska or go and beat some black blokes up - the latter were more skinhead punks.

late 70's / early 80's skins were more a product of total confusion than a real youth culture.

[Redacted] on 20:57 - Mar 25 with 3408 viewsvictorywilhappen

The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 20:22 - Mar 25 by BarcaBlue

[Redacted]
The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 21:00 - Mar 25 with 3399 viewsLord_Lucan

[Redacted] on 20:57 - Mar 25 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Oi RD

You do recognise the bloke at the bottom of pic 1 don't you??????????

[Redacted] on 21:00 - Mar 25 with 3395 viewsvictorywilhappen

The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 19:11 - Mar 25 by Lord_Lucan

[Redacted]
The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 21:02 - Mar 25 with 3381 viewsLord_Lucan

[Redacted] on 21:00 - Mar 25 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

Such a sweetie!

[Redacted] on 21:02 - Mar 25 with 3379 viewsvictorywilhappen

The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 21:00 - Mar 25 by Lord_Lucan

Oi RD

You do recognise the bloke at the bottom of pic 1 don't you??????????

[Redacted]
The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 21:10 - Mar 25 with 3358 viewsmichaeldownunder

Adicks, based in LA maybe that's how come I found one of their T shirt in a record shop there?
The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 21:13 - Mar 25 with 3350 viewsLord_Lucan

The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 21:10 - Mar 25 by michaeldownunder

Adicks, based in LA maybe that's how come I found one of their T shirt in a record shop there?

Yeah, they are a thing around there.

Mate of mine - who knows Monkey as it happens - was in LA a few years back and went to board a plane at LAX and the flight bloke clocked he was wearing an Addicts tee shirt and upgraded him.

The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 07:39 - Mar 26 with 3123 viewsBluespeed225

[Redacted] on 20:57 - Mar 25 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

A pair of numpties, always up at A & E when my Aunt worked up there, nowt wrong with them, just wanted attention and hugs.
The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 07:40 - Mar 26 with 3121 viewsBluespeed225

Pattons, some comedy gold in there. Duncan on the pic was a very talented artist, painted some great scooter parts.
The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 07:42 - Mar 26 with 3113 viewsBluespeed225

[Redacted] on 21:00 - Mar 25 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Flatty on the far left was/is a good lad. Back of the Sunday Mirror against Arsenal in 81'.
The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 10:28 - Mar 26 with 2985 viewswellyblue

The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 07:40 - Mar 26 by Bluespeed225

Pattons, some comedy gold in there. Duncan on the pic was a very talented artist, painted some great scooter parts.

Duncan's brother Stephen is in the pic too, I knew them both really well, went to school with Stephen. Ben W in there too who used to knock around with them. There's quite a few faces there that I recognize but can't put a name to now
The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 10:55 - Mar 26 with 2945 viewsDebsyAngel

I recognise a lot on there - I was more of a goth in those glory days of 1986 onwards when starting sitting on the townhall steps and drinking in Mannings.

I also joined the Facebook group, it is really interesting and nice to see some old faces still around.
The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 11:29 - Mar 26 with 2891 viewsgainsboroughblue

The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 10:55 - Mar 26 by DebsyAngel

I recognise a lot on there - I was more of a goth in those glory days of 1986 onwards when starting sitting on the townhall steps and drinking in Mannings.

I also joined the Facebook group, it is really interesting and nice to see some old faces still around.

I used to do Mannings on a Friday night. Used to be absolutely rammed in there. More people sitting on the floor than in seats.

The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 11:31 - Mar 26 with 2883 viewsBluespeed225

The Millwall thread bought back some old time memories - who remembers the flat on 10:28 - Mar 26 by wellyblue

Duncan's brother Stephen is in the pic too, I knew them both really well, went to school with Stephen. Ben W in there too who used to knock around with them. There's quite a few faces there that I recognize but can't put a name to now

He is, last saw him in The Fat Cat and had a bit of a random sesh', teaching nowadays I think. He had shared a house with a chap who dealt in knock off Microsoft stuff, house was crammed to the gunnells, i mean the whole place, they had a gap to walk through, a path to the beds, loo, kettle etc. ended as you'd expect! Ben was a bit posh we always thought.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024