Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes 16:09 - Mar 25 with 5468 viewsGipeswic

Dan Palfrey “confirmed that iFollow will be taken into account with compensation…”

Wrong, wrong, wrong.
Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 16:12 - Mar 25 with 3399 viewschrismakin

Why is it wrong?

People chose to buy a season ticket surely knowing 90% chance of not being able to be at the ground to watch any games....

Wouldnt it make sense to take the fee of the season ticket. Minus the costs of I follow. Theirs your compensation
[Post edited 25 Mar 2021 16:16]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 16:15 - Mar 25 with 3375 viewsGipeswic

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 16:12 - Mar 25 by chrismakin

Why is it wrong?

People chose to buy a season ticket surely knowing 90% chance of not being able to be at the ground to watch any games....

Wouldnt it make sense to take the fee of the season ticket. Minus the costs of I follow. Theirs your compensation
[Post edited 25 Mar 2021 16:16]

Never used the "Free" access.

Please don't try to be a smart arse regarding knowing the chances of being at Portman Road this season.

Are you a season ticket holder?
Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 16:17 - Mar 25 with 3359 viewschrismakin

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 16:15 - Mar 25 by Gipeswic

Never used the "Free" access.

Please don't try to be a smart arse regarding knowing the chances of being at Portman Road this season.

Are you a season ticket holder?

Lol. No I wasnt stupid enough to go buying one in a pandemic lol

Why could you get to the see games free? You've paid to watch the games.. so therefore part of your fee is used to allow you to watch the games.

As long as you then get the rest refunded its handled correctly and you havent missed out.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2021 16:22]

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 16:22 - Mar 25 with 3331 viewsGipeswic

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 16:17 - Mar 25 by chrismakin

Why could you get to the see games free? You've paid to watch the games.. so therefore part of your fee is used to allow you to watch the games.

As long as you then get the rest refunded its handled correctly and you havent missed out.

Thought so!

Here's an example of an email I receive before each home game:

Important information for season ticket holders

Season ticket holders are now able to redeem their iFollow codes for this Saturday's match against DONCASTER at Portman Road.

For home League games, season ticket holders will be able to watch the game for free via iFollow.
Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 16:24 - Mar 25 with 3301 viewschrismakin

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 16:22 - Mar 25 by Gipeswic

Thought so!

Here's an example of an email I receive before each home game:

Important information for season ticket holders

Season ticket holders are now able to redeem their iFollow codes for this Saturday's match against DONCASTER at Portman Road.

For home League games, season ticket holders will be able to watch the game for free via iFollow.

Yes. Shows you dont have to do anything than use the code given to you to watch the game. You dont need to subscribe to the game. Therefore it's not costing you any extra to watch the game.

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 16:25 - Mar 25 with 3294 viewshoppy

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 16:17 - Mar 25 by chrismakin

How would they work it where we have 3 x season tickets, but we only use one ifollow login... do we end up paying 3 times over for each match we watch on ifollow?

Was it ME or maybe LON that said something about not being able to see ‘the whole picture’ just watching on ifollow?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 16:28 - Mar 25 with 3269 viewschrismakin

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 16:25 - Mar 25 by hoppy

How would they work it where we have 3 x season tickets, but we only use one ifollow login... do we end up paying 3 times over for each match we watch on ifollow?

Was it ME or maybe LON that said something about not being able to see ‘the whole picture’ just watching on ifollow?

Probably using addresses and deducting the cost of 1 ifollow ticket per game.
That's how I can see them doing it.

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 16:29 - Mar 25 with 3266 viewsNeedhamChris

I don't really mind this, wasn't expecting a lot out of this season. If we get a loyalty bonus for next years season ticket or anything along those lines I'll be happy.

Wonder whether they'll be using the £10 it would cost us, or the £2 it costs them though?

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 16:30 - Mar 25 with 3238 viewschrismakin

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 16:29 - Mar 25 by NeedhamChris

I don't really mind this, wasn't expecting a lot out of this season. If we get a loyalty bonus for next years season ticket or anything along those lines I'll be happy.

Wonder whether they'll be using the £10 it would cost us, or the £2 it costs them though?

I reckon theyll do a blanket season ticket I follow cost of say £5 so that season ticket holders effectively paid less than normal subscribers.

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 17:02 - Mar 25 with 3147 viewsPhilTWTD

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 16:28 - Mar 25 by chrismakin

Probably using addresses and deducting the cost of 1 ifollow ticket per game.
That's how I can see them doing it.

I have heard that that approach has been discussed. They will have records of who has used iFollow.
Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 17:34 - Mar 25 with 3037 viewsJ2BLUE

Wasn't that what they said before people renewed?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 17:49 - Mar 25 with 2988 viewsSitfcB

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 17:34 - Mar 25 by J2BLUE

No. They didn’t know what was going on when we renewed.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 17:54 - Mar 25 with 2993 viewsGipeswic

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 17:34 - Mar 25 by J2BLUE

From Marcus Evans' letter that I received by email on 21 April 2020:

"Subject to the technology being in place you will receive free internet viewing of any behind closed doors home match for next season..."
Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 18:17 - Mar 25 with 2920 viewsLeaky

I am a season ticket holder , I new full well I wouldn't see many games I expected i-follow would have to be paid for, I didn't expect it would be free. I will take any refund available. How ever I am annoyed that last season's voucher's are not reclaimable on line. So will take any refund as payment direct to my account.
Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 18:34 - Mar 25 with 2871 viewsskyblue23

We won’t, but I would absolutely love to get to wembley in the play offs, go up and people “stupid enough” to not buy a season ticket won’t get to go!

I don’t feel stupid paying for a season ticket, I’ll do so again next season. Would make it all worthwhile if we went up at Wembley.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 18:41 - Mar 25 with 2845 viewschrismakin

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 17:54 - Mar 25 by Gipeswic

From Marcus Evans' letter that I received by email on 21 April 2020:

"Subject to the technology being in place you will receive free internet viewing of any behind closed doors home match for next season..."

Now that paragraph is different to the email wording you posted earlier.

This paragraph I can understand why people would use it to say they are expecting to watch all home games for free.

However why anyone would be able to wouldnt make sense. But if thats the wording used in the very first email then I can see alot of people being able to take things further if a full refund wasnt supplied.

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 19:21 - Mar 25 with 2776 viewschrismakin

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 18:34 - Mar 25 by skyblue23

We won’t, but I would absolutely love to get to wembley in the play offs, go up and people “stupid enough” to not buy a season ticket won’t get to go!

I don’t feel stupid paying for a season ticket, I’ll do so again next season. Would make it all worthwhile if we went up at Wembley.

Each to their own, your choice to get one of course, if we got to wembley id look to get a ticket and if not, i'd watch it on tele. Both will get to see the game, and i've not wasted £400 to do so ;)

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 19:30 - Mar 25 with 2764 viewsYallop

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 18:41 - Mar 25 by chrismakin

Now that paragraph is different to the email wording you posted earlier.

This paragraph I can understand why people would use it to say they are expecting to watch all home games for free.

However why anyone would be able to wouldnt make sense. But if thats the wording used in the very first email then I can see alot of people being able to take things further if a full refund wasnt supplied.

Let's hope Town fans aren't going to be so pedantic. I'm really grateful for i follow watching the town has helped keep me sane through lockdown.

My income wasn't affected so I was able to renew knowing I was unlikely to see much footy. If the club can discount next season's ticket in some way then great, if not I'll move on and get behind Paul Cook.

I want to see us back in the Prem before I peg it. COYB
Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 19:33 - Mar 25 with 2745 viewschrismakin

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 19:30 - Mar 25 by Yallop

Let's hope Town fans aren't going to be so pedantic. I'm really grateful for i follow watching the town has helped keep me sane through lockdown.

My income wasn't affected so I was able to renew knowing I was unlikely to see much footy. If the club can discount next season's ticket in some way then great, if not I'll move on and get behind Paul Cook.

I want to see us back in the Prem before I peg it. COYB

Sadly, going by the OP, there will be many fighting for their 'free' football

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 20:16 - Mar 25 with 2684 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 18:17 - Mar 25 by Leaky

I am a season ticket holder , I new full well I wouldn't see many games I expected i-follow would have to be paid for, I didn't expect it would be free. I will take any refund available. How ever I am annoyed that last season's voucher's are not reclaimable on line. So will take any refund as payment direct to my account.

You can’t use the vouchers on line but you can create a postal order, which will allow you to use vouchers without going into Planet Blue if, like me, you don’t live particularly close to the ground

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 20:22 - Mar 25 with 2666 viewsParky

You’re going to look an absolute massive cóck if we somehow make the play-off’s and season ticket holders are allowed to attend.
Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 20:23 - Mar 25 with 2661 viewschrismakin

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 20:22 - Mar 25 by Parky

You’re going to look an absolute massive cóck if we somehow make the play-off’s and season ticket holders are allowed to attend.

Why? I'll watch it on I Follow for £10

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 20:30 - Mar 25 with 2647 viewsParky

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 20:23 - Mar 25 by chrismakin

Why? I'll watch it on I Follow for £10

I don’t understand this smart-arsery (I’ve just made that up) about not renewing your season ticket “I wasn’t stupid enough”. Let’s not forgot it was sold to Season Ticket holders as a way of supporting the club through the pandemic, Marcus Evans stated from the start that there would be some sort of compensation. I don’t see how in any way that is “stupid”.

FWIW, I don’t really care about getting my money back, but the snobbish attitude is wrong. It’s not going to happen, but if we were in the play-off’s and 7,000 fans could be there and I wasn’t because I wasn’t “stupid enough” to renew, I’d be gutted.
Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 20:35 - Mar 25 with 2620 viewsRonFearonsHair

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 20:16 - Mar 25 by southnorfolkblue

You can’t use the vouchers on line but you can create a postal order, which will allow you to use vouchers without going into Planet Blue if, like me, you don’t live particularly close to the ground

I sent my vouchers the other week when there was a 'flash sale' on the kits. Even though they arrived there a day after the sale ended, the prices were honoured and I was able to get full home and away kits for my son and the sticker album offer with 50 packs. Though I spent seven quid sending them recorded delivery, it still seemed a decent deal in the end for missing 5 games.
Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 20:36 - Mar 25 with 2612 viewschrismakin

Season Ticket compensation 2020/21 - Fans' Forum Minutes on 20:30 - Mar 25 by Parky

I don’t understand this smart-arsery (I’ve just made that up) about not renewing your season ticket “I wasn’t stupid enough”. Let’s not forgot it was sold to Season Ticket holders as a way of supporting the club through the pandemic, Marcus Evans stated from the start that there would be some sort of compensation. I don’t see how in any way that is “stupid”.

FWIW, I don’t really care about getting my money back, but the snobbish attitude is wrong. It’s not going to happen, but if we were in the play-off’s and 7,000 fans could be there and I wasn’t because I wasn’t “stupid enough” to renew, I’d be gutted.

Parky, My comment wasn't aimed at those who did it in general, it was mainly aimed at he OP as he wasn't happy about paying I Follow rates to watch the game after purchasing the season ticket,

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024