Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don’t shoot the messenger 09:10 - Mar 26 with 15351 viewsParky

I have just been sent a text from somebody who has previously been spot on with info, saying that Paul Cook sent the players home Wednesday midway through training due to lack of effort and intensity.

Apparently all the players left as told, meaning the lunch that was cooked/made had to be donated to the Samaritans.

If true, slightly concerning, but fair play to Cook.

Edit - Clarified this was Wednesday, not yesterday.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2021 9:33]
Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:13 - Mar 26 with 6542 viewsSitfcB

The canteen etc is all closed still at the minute isn’t it? Players still arriving in their kit and going home in it etc.

I will wait until I hear something from ITK Dobbo, unless that’s who you got it from?
[Post edited 26 Mar 2021 9:17]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:14 - Mar 26 with 6513 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:13 - Mar 26 by SitfcB

The canteen etc is all closed still at the minute isn’t it? Players still arriving in their kit and going home in it etc.

I will wait until I hear something from ITK Dobbo, unless that’s who you got it from?

Has he got fingers in ALL the pies then?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:16 - Mar 26 with 6506 viewsParky

That I’m not too sure on, just passing on the message I was sent. I would imagine if they’re doing double sessions, some sort of food is/was available.
Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:17 - Mar 26 with 6467 viewsfooters

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Talking of "ITK" Dobbo..... on 09:18 - Mar 26 with 6446 viewsBloots

....I notice that he's changed his twitter profile to say that he's a freelance Journalist.

Despite is Linkedin profile stating that he's a claims assessor for LV.

Funny.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

"Freelance" = unemployed/unemployable on 09:20 - Mar 26 with 6407 viewsfooters

Talking of "ITK" Dobbo..... on 09:18 - Mar 26 by Bloots

....I notice that he's changed his twitter profile to say that he's a freelance Journalist.

Despite is Linkedin profile stating that he's a claims assessor for LV.

Funny.

I never have been. Obviously.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:24 - Mar 26 with 6365 viewsKieran_Knows

It wasn't yesterday, it was Wednesday afternoon they were sent home after a poor session in the morning.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:27 - Mar 26 with 6303 viewsParky

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:24 - Mar 26 by Kieran_Knows

It wasn't yesterday, it was Wednesday afternoon they were sent home after a poor session in the morning.

That would make sense, cheers.
Login to get fewer ads

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:27 - Mar 26 with 6307 viewsHerbivore

That's pretty embarrassing. Was that what Cook was referring to when he said the players weren't up to training as full on as he'd hoped or did this come after that?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

"Freelance" = unemployed/unemployable on 09:27 - Mar 26 with 6289 viewsWeWereZombies

"Freelance" = unemployed/unemployable on 09:20 - Mar 26 by footers

I never have been. Obviously.

Oh, c'mon, a bit of leeway. A good few years ago I added some 'info' to a couple of Wikipedia pages, I'm sure that gives me the right to call myself a freelance journalist should I want to

Now I come to think of it, I was asked in for coffee by a walking guide in Ethiopia and what he really wanted was for me to write some blurb in English about his walks. I'm a travel journalist.

And I post on here too much all the time. I am a sports journalist.

And I watched 'Gladiator'...I am Sparta...OK, I see your point.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:28 - Mar 26 with 6274 viewsSitfcB

Wasters.

COYB

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:28 - Mar 26 with 6267 viewsKieran_Knows

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:27 - Mar 26 by Herbivore

That's pretty embarrassing. Was that what Cook was referring to when he said the players weren't up to training as full on as he'd hoped or did this come after that?

I think so. Think he's also frustrated that players aren't getting in early or staying late as well. Only ever seems to be the youth players in the gym/staying after training rather than the first team players.

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:29 - Mar 26 with 6256 viewsSitfcB

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:27 - Mar 26 by Herbivore

Think he said Tuesday was the day, Wednesday must’ve been worse then, after he had done the press conference!!

COYB

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:30 - Mar 26 with 6240 viewsKieran_Knows

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:29 - Mar 26 by SitfcB

Think he said Tuesday was the day, Wednesday must’ve been worse then, after he had done the press conference!!

Yup. Had another double session for Wednesday which obviously didn't go to plan!

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:31 - Mar 26 with 6218 viewsHerbivore

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:29 - Mar 26 by SitfcB

Christ, so more or less straight after the new manager has said he was disappointed they couldn't train with the intensity he'd hoped, they put in a lacklustre effort. I guess this is what happens when you have a huge first team squad where half won't be here next season, where the fitness coach is working from home, and they've had two years of nothing but negativity from the manager. What a mess.

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:31 - Mar 26 with 6231 viewsParky

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:28 - Mar 26 by Kieran_Knows

I think so. Think he's also frustrated that players aren't getting in early or staying late as well. Only ever seems to be the youth players in the gym/staying after training rather than the first team players.

I was told the only senior player that tried to stay was Tomas Holy, but he was also told to leave eventually.
Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:32 - Mar 26 with 6211 viewsKieran_Knows

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:31 - Mar 26 by Parky

I was told the only senior player that tried to stay was Tomas Holy, but he was also told to leave eventually.

The only players on Wednesday who stayed behind were Baggott (on loan at Kings Lynn), Clements (who's injured) and Woolfenden.

Says a lot about the rest of them.

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:32 - Mar 26 with 6201 viewsPinewoodblue

Looks as if PC is still having problems getting players out of their comfort zone. The comfort zone that results 8n individual player taking the easy, non penetrating, option when on the ball.

PC won’t stand for it...wish him luck.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:33 - Mar 26 with 6183 viewsN2_Blue

Squad is rotten to the core.

I really hope when Cook mentioned contracts he's not thinking of offering too many. Not sure I really want any of the current lot to be retained.

Start afresh. Even if ability they are not quite as good, i'd look to recruit a mixture of young hungry players, a bit raw but with bags of pace mixed with a combination of experienced pro's who have won promotions at L1/l2 level.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:33 - Mar 26 with 6161 viewsHerbivore

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:28 - Mar 26 by Kieran_Knows

That's pathetic. A lot of these players are playing for their future either here or elsewhere and they don't even seem bothered. Definitely need a clear out in the summer, too much damage done to/with this squad.

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:35 - Mar 26 with 6116 viewsHerbivore

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:32 - Mar 26 by Kieran_Knows

The only players on Wednesday who stayed behind were Baggott (on loan at Kings Lynn), Clements (who's injured) and Woolfenden.

Glad to hear that Woolf stayed behind and I hope he carries on showing that attitude and gets a chance soon. He's got bags of potential.

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:35 - Mar 26 with 6128 viewsParky

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:32 - Mar 26 by Kieran_Knows

What a shambles, literally the day after a new manager publicly asks for more.
Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:36 - Mar 26 with 6098 viewsKieran_Knows

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:33 - Mar 26 by Herbivore

That's pathetic. A lot of these players are playing for their future either here or elsewhere and they don't even seem bothered. Definitely need a clear out in the summer, too much damage done to/with this squad.

I'm not claiming to be some massive 'def info' but from what I hear, there will be a massive sea of change here this summer. Players & staff wise.

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:38 - Mar 26 with 6054 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:36 - Mar 26 by Kieran_Knows

I'm not claiming to be some massive 'def info' but from what I hear, there will be a massive sea of change here this summer. Players & staff wise.

Not before time.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Don’t shoot the messenger on 09:38 - Mar 26 with 6049 viewsMrTown

Sunday league mob this side. Easy life playing for Ipswich.

Thankfully, we have a top class manager who won't allow it, and secondly, a lot of these players out of contract so can be cleared out.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024