Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, just to recap the last couple of weeks 13:43 - Mar 26 with 1469 viewsIllinoisblue

The takeover’s not happening, the new manager bounce got us 3 defeats in 5, and most of our squad are unfit.

Will this banter era ever stop?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So, just to recap the last couple of weeks on 13:58 - Mar 26 with 1389 viewsMookamoo

Did Gill use up all the Bounce Juice?

At least the squad now know they're not fit and what they've been doing for the last 3 years isn't acceptable.
So, just to recap the last couple of weeks on 14:00 - Mar 26 with 1378 viewshype313

Unfit and over hyped.

This squad is going to look so different in 4 months time, hopefully we will be riding a crest of a wave and be able to look back at these starting elevens crying with laughter.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So, just to recap the last couple of weeks on 14:07 - Mar 26 with 1363 viewsSteve_M

It's wonderful isn't it. The club is in terminal decline under Evans but the number of fans who think we should be grateful for him is still rather high.

This is a club that had to be shamed into re-starting such basic deeds as giving surplus tickets to schools FFS.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So, just to recap the last couple of weeks on 16:48 - Mar 26 with 1217 viewsIllinoisblue

So, just to recap the last couple of weeks on 14:07 - Mar 26 by Steve_M

It's wonderful isn't it. The club is in terminal decline under Evans but the number of fans who think we should be grateful for him is still rather high.

This is a club that had to be shamed into re-starting such basic deeds as giving surplus tickets to schools FFS.

You do fear that Cook will get fed up of it all and be lured away by a championship club. Wouldn’t be a surprise to see that happen in the next 18 months

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So, just to recap the last couple of weeks on 16:54 - Mar 26 with 1206 viewsSteve_M

So, just to recap the last couple of weeks on 16:48 - Mar 26 by Illinoisblue

You do fear that Cook will get fed up of it all and be lured away by a championship club. Wouldn’t be a surprise to see that happen in the next 18 months

It's certainly possible, Keane, Jewell and Hurst all left telling Evans about things that could be improved but weren't, quite sure McCarthy had similar concerns and Lambert raised the state of the club when he arrived not just for self-protection.

Just have to hope that that 18 months at least sees us back in the Championship, although it may only be for a season given the state of the club.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So, just to recap the last couple of weeks on 17:15 - Mar 26 with 1149 viewsPJH

Aren't we going to be a Championship club in the next 18 months?

If not then Cook not likely to be here anyway.
So, just to recap the last couple of weeks on 17:55 - Mar 26 with 1114 viewsFunge

I thought that Chico's return would signal the formal end of the Banter Era.

Alas, he had merely finished writing the Old Testament, and has now started upon the New.

He is a cruel God.
So, just to recap the last couple of weeks on 18:16 - Mar 26 with 1080 viewsChurchman

I will be surprised if he is here past the autumn. When Evans gives him a fraction of what he needs, there is no way he will stay longer than he has to just to get his reputation trashed.
Login to get fewer ads

So, just to recap the last couple of weeks on 18:41 - Mar 26 with 1024 viewsRedX

The new manager bounce will come when Cook puts together a mostly new squad for next season.

Most don't want to hear it, but another year building that team in League One might also for the best, longterm.
So, just to recap the last couple of weeks on 19:04 - Mar 26 with 972 viewsTieDyedIn95

I was shot down in the past for saying the squad was as much of the problem as Lambert, I said as much in the week and got shot down for it as it was seen as an anti-mick, pro-Lambert post but more than half of these guys have been here years and what have we had from them? A relegation and two mid-table finishes in the third division. That's because our youth system isn't up to muster and our recruitment is terrible, appointing Paul Cook at this stage was little more than trying to give a new coat of paint to a burned our wreck and expecting to still run afterward where as this club doesn't just need a new coat of paint, but a whole new body.

I predicted 7th at the start of the season. I think I may have been far too optimistic! The fact this lot couldn't even make up their lack of ability with effort just to impress the new boss shows you the level of some of the "good guys" and "characters" absolutely stealing a living here. They are a gutless, shameless, shambles and Cook is going to need all of our support in making this right.

As for Evans, he's past the point of no return here. He terrible owner with an atrocious record. He's achieved what some truly of the distasteful owners have at Ipswich without even having the malicious intent like say the Oystons. We'll drop further unless it changes. We either force Evans to change or force him out. Something has to give now.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

So, just to recap the last couple of weeks on 19:08 - Mar 26 with 957 viewsTieDyedIn95

So, just to recap the last couple of weeks on 18:41 - Mar 26 by RedX

The new manager bounce will come when Cook puts together a mostly new squad for next season.

Most don't want to hear it, but another year building that team in League One might also for the best, longterm.

Cook needs time. He won't get a grumble from me. He's not going to wave a wand and turn a bunch of average League One and Two players into the same sort of quality that took Burton, Wycombe and co. up in recent years. Even Bolton under a transfer embargo got promoted form this league.

Our lot can't handle the pressure of playing Fleetwood.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

So, just to recap the last couple of weeks on 19:27 - Mar 26 with 908 viewsgordon

So, just to recap the last couple of weeks on 16:54 - Mar 26 by Steve_M

It's certainly possible, Keane, Jewell and Hurst all left telling Evans about things that could be improved but weren't, quite sure McCarthy had similar concerns and Lambert raised the state of the club when he arrived not just for self-protection.

Just have to hope that that 18 months at least sees us back in the Championship, although it may only be for a season given the state of the club.

I think at the start the manager's get told 'you've got free reign to grab the club by the scruff of the neck' and they think great.

Then after a year or two they realise that what that really means is: 'it's you, Lee O'Neill, the zoom medical guy, and we've got director of football called Dave Bowman but he mainly just does kits and collects the balls in after training.'
So, just to recap the last couple of weeks on 19:31 - Mar 26 with 889 viewsSwansea_Blue

I often wonder whether I'm an ITFC fan or a member of the Opus Dei known for their masochism.

I think this is why I'm so keen for Evans to piss off - we need a complete reset with a regime that can offer some hope.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024