Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People who wear headphones when out walking 12:12 - Mar 27 with 1258 viewsFixed_It

It's still polite to acknowledge people who greet you with a cheery 'Good morning!'. Even if you can't actually hear them (dubious), it is still obvious that they are, so stop being ignorant fvckwits!

Thanks - I feel a bit better for that...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

People who wear headphones when out walking on 12:16 - Mar 27 with 1234 viewsfooters

I still find it weird when people are talking on hands free devices - always think they're some lunatic ranting to themself!

But yes, a nice friendly good morning is still very much appreciated. Although here in the big smoke it is possibly an arrestable offence.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

People who wear headphones when out walking on 12:31 - Mar 27 with 1184 viewsbracknell_blue

Every Sunday morning I listen to music on headphones whilst out walking the dog. I always respond to any greeting. My only concern is that some people see me listening to music and try to have a conversation rather than just a gtreeting.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

People who wear headphones when out walking on 12:37 - Mar 27 with 1157 viewsronnyd

It's also a waste of time ringing your bell if you're a cyclist.
People who wear headphones when out walking on 13:09 - Mar 27 with 1081 viewsRyorry

People who wear headphones when out walking on 12:37 - Mar 27 by ronnyd

No it most definitely isn't (or am I about to be whooshed ..? )

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

People who wear headphones when out walking on 13:20 - Mar 27 with 1061 viewspoppiesman

People who wear headphones when out walking on 12:37 - Mar 27 by ronnyd

Good on those cyclists that do actually use the bell, as opposed to many that sneak up behind you when you are running or walking and still expect you to have moved out of their way in plenty of time.
People who wear headphones when out walking on 13:37 - Mar 27 with 1016 viewsKeno

People who wear headphones when out walking on 12:16 - Mar 27 by footers

I still find it weird when people are talking on hands free devices - always think they're some lunatic ranting to themself!

But yes, a nice friendly good morning is still very much appreciated. Although here in the big smoke it is possibly an arrestable offence.

also borderline lunatic is people who talk into their mobile while holding flat on there palm and talking into the end of it

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

People who wear headphones when out walking on 13:56 - Mar 27 with 967 viewsCheltenham_Blue

People who wear headphones when out walking on 12:16 - Mar 27 by footers

This!

Why have people taken to using their mobile as a speakerphone when out and about. Its bad enough having to listen to one side of a conversation, never mind both.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

People who wear headphones when out walking on 14:07 - Mar 27 with 947 viewsbluelagos

Can tell you don't live in London!

Good morning btw :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

People who wear headphones when out walking on 14:40 - Mar 27 with 916 viewsjeera

Although to be fair they might wear headphones as a signal to other people that they don't wish to interact.

My ex used to complain about me being over sociable when we were out walking with the dog[s]. All I'd do is smile and say hi to other people we met along the way.

"Do you have to speak to absolutely everyone we bloody well see?"

Yes, yes I do.

Miserable cow.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

People who wear headphones when out walking on 14:42 - Mar 27 with 908 viewseireblue

People who wear headphones when out walking on 13:56 - Mar 27 by Cheltenham_Blue

This!

Why have people taken to using their mobile as a speakerphone when out and about. Its bad enough having to listen to one side of a conversation, never mind both.

Apprentice wannabes.
People who wear headphones when out walking on 14:43 - Mar 27 with 908 viewsJ2BLUE

The only response is an upward nod and an "alright?".

Actually while we're on the subject, despite the fact I both give and receive "alright?" multiple times per day for the last 20 years or so i'm still not entirely sure if it's rhetorical? I assume it is...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

People who wear headphones when out walking on 14:53 - Mar 27 with 900 viewsfactual_blue

People who wear headphones when out walking on 13:56 - Mar 27 by Cheltenham_Blue

This!

Mate of mine had to put up with a long conversation on a train once. This guy was loudly on his mobile talking to his HR people about how they could fix it get somebody in his team he didn't like sacked.

As my mate was leaving the train he said 'I heard every word of that. You were talking about my sister. You'll be hearing from her.'

When he looked back through the carriage window, the bloke's faced suggested the world had just fallen out of his bottom.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

People who wear headphones when out walking on 14:56 - Mar 27 with 891 viewsjeera

People who wear headphones when out walking on 14:43 - Mar 27 by J2BLUE

The only response is an upward nod and an "alright?".

Actually while we're on the subject, despite the fact I both give and receive "alright?" multiple times per day for the last 20 years or so i'm still not entirely sure if it's rhetorical? I assume it is...

"Alright?"

"Is that rhetorical question or do you really want to know?"

*Scurries away nervously*

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

People who wear headphones when out walking on 14:57 - Mar 27 with 887 viewsfooters

People who wear headphones when out walking on 14:56 - Mar 27 by jeera

"Alright?"

"Is that rhetorical question or do you really want to know?"

*Scurries away nervously*

I have known for some American colleagues to answer 'all right?' literally, much to our amusement. Although it's still five minutes of my life I'm not getting back.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

People who wear headphones when out walking on 15:43 - Mar 27 with 835 viewsRyorry

People who wear headphones when out walking on 14:42 - Mar 27 by eireblue

Apprentice wannabes.

Speakerphone is the only way I can hear anybody, ever, whether on landline or mobile!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

People who wear headphones when out walking on 09:04 - Mar 29 with 719 viewsipswich78

What's wrong with a smile and a nod if you see somebody with headphones in?

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024