Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts? 15:49 - Mar 27 with 518 viewsclive_baker

Scrappy.

6/10 away performance at the moment I would say. Need to get a foothold in the middle and get Bishop on the ball a bit more.

How much better is KVY? Lovely to see him back, but looks to be flagging, understandably.

Thought their keeper was very lucky to get away with clattering Norwood, I didn't see much contact with the ball?

Edwards doesn't look interested

Could other results be going any worse??

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Thoughts? on 15:51 - Mar 27 with 486 viewsDubtractor

Edwards and Judge have been a real problem for us that half - pass completion must be really low from both of them.

For all the whining at 2pm, Sears has actually been OK.

Until we get a functioning attacking midfield we will continue to be shot shy though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Thoughts? on 15:51 - Mar 27 with 487 viewsScuzzer

I think Stuart Ainslie on the radio is spot on with his summation.
We are so poor in carrying out the basics.

Established 1968

Thoughts? on 15:53 - Mar 27 with 466 viewsChrisd

Those that thought these type of games would be an easy 3 points for us are getting a reality check.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 15:54]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Thoughts? on 15:54 - Mar 27 with 443 viewsSomethingBlue

KVY looks good but, yes, tiring.

We are struggling for presence in midfield; we just miss Downes so much.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see wide positions are a major issue. Edwards and, to a lesser extent today, Sears are just so insubstantial and inefficient.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Thoughts? on 15:56 - Mar 27 with 408 viewsLankHenners

You can see why Cook's chopped the 3 behind Norwood about so much - it's such a key part of how he wants his teams to play but ours just aren't doing it at all. Edwards has been useless, Sears marginally less so and Judge has looked well off it which is a shame as he'd quietly been playing very well since January.

Defence looks fairly solid but as usual Dozzell and Bishop just not involved enough, once again shows that we need Downes in there. Wouldn't be surprised to see Skuse at some point, plus Dobra and Jackson chucked on to play the wide roles.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Thoughts? on 15:57 - Mar 27 with 400 viewsjeera

Thoughts? on 15:54 - Mar 27 by SomethingBlue

KVY looks good but, yes, tiring.

We are struggling for presence in midfield; we just miss Downes so much.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see wide positions are a major issue. Edwards and, to a lesser extent today, Sears are just so insubstantial and inefficient.

Not watching so can you say if Edwards is on the left or right please?

I've noticed Cook has played him on the right a few times yet he has tended to play his better games on the opposing flank.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Thoughts? on 15:58 - Mar 27 with 364 viewsfooters

Thoughts? on 15:56 - Mar 27 by LankHenners

You can see why Cook's chopped the 3 behind Norwood about so much - it's such a key part of how he wants his teams to play but ours just aren't doing it at all. Edwards has been useless, Sears marginally less so and Judge has looked well off it which is a shame as he'd quietly been playing very well since January.

Defence looks fairly solid but as usual Dozzell and Bishop just not involved enough, once again shows that we need Downes in there. Wouldn't be surprised to see Skuse at some point, plus Dobra and Jackson chucked on to play the wide roles.

It's incredible how many players we've got on the books yet no one can find a formation that seems to work well. Mad, innit.

Oh well, another week as a Town fan.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Thoughts? on 15:58 - Mar 27 with 359 viewsclive_baker

Thoughts? on 15:56 - Mar 27 by LankHenners

The issue with this system is you are so so reliant on those wide me, and they're probably the 2 areas of our squad where we're weakest. We literally have nobody who has shown any consistency in those wide roles.

BUT, we're still in the game. We need to beat them up for 10 minutes and as you say find something, whether it's a match winner off the bench or getting Bishop further forward.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Thoughts? on 15:59 - Mar 27 with 345 viewsSteve_M

The keeper certainly got nothing on the ball when he came out, the corner looked like a middle way for the ref.

Yes, not really very good. Our better moves let down by poor final balls but we just don't look confident. The contrast with the first 40 minutes last week is notable.

Agree on Bishop, when he has driven forward on the ball it looks like something might happen.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024