Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really bad start from Cook 17:00 - Mar 27 with 5916 viewsthebooks

Whether this is a good, bad or indifferent squad, Cook has failed to get anything more out of them than Lambert or Gill.

We shouldn’t have been happy with writing this season off. There’s no reason why the Cowleys can turn round Portsmouth but Cook can’t do anything with Town.

Huge pressure from the start of next season. Feeling like Lambert again at the moment.
Really bad start from Cook on 17:01 - Mar 27 with 3662 viewsnoggin

You can't polish a turd.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Really bad start from Cook on 17:02 - Mar 27 with 3630 viewsArnieM

It’s THE PLAYERS ..., they know they are leaving so can’t be arsed . I’d stick the U23 in for the remaining games frankly !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Really bad start from Cook on 17:03 - Mar 27 with 3561 viewschrismakin

Pompy. A side who have played with top 6 for the past 3 seasons.

Went a bit damp lately. But their squad mentality is miles better than ours

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Really bad start from Cook on 17:03 - Mar 27 with 3545 viewsOjc

These players aren’t buying into Cook or doing anything extra to impress him as they are a bunch of wasters.

The whole lot need turfing out apart from 3/4 and for me that’s included Chambers and Skuse, we need a fresh start and fresh voice as a leader on the pitch.
Really bad start from Cook on 17:04 - Mar 27 with 3521 viewshaynes_toe1

This squad on paper is one of the strongest in the division.

Of course players have significantly underperformed under both Lambert and now Cook.

But Lambert was achieving a better PPG with this squad. This turd that cant be polished did scrape 3 wins in a row before Lambert left.

Under Cook we've somehow managed to look even less creative. The sides he has put out would have people ploting to murder Lambert had he put them sides out.

Cook deserves time but he has undeniably been poor thus far with little to no impact. Portsmouth on the other hand make a change and have immediate impact.
Really bad start from Cook on 17:04 - Mar 27 with 3485 viewsTieDyedIn95

Cook needs time now. We need to let this lot go, fix recruitment and stop relying on everyone's hand me downs and youth players. We need to signed the best 11 in this league, and we need to spend a little to do it and get back up and improve from there.

If Evans is going to continue as-is we will drop again. We need to put the pressure on Evans, not Cook.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Really bad start from Cook on 17:05 - Mar 27 with 3462 viewspointofblue

This season is a write off but Cook has to take some responsibility - we were only a point off the play offs when he joined. He’ll rightly get the summer but we must hit the ground running in August.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Really bad start from Cook on 17:05 - Mar 27 with 3444 viewsgtsb1966

FFS how can anyone get anything out of a team that are already on the beach. They don't want to play for Ipswich Town, they don't want to give 100% because half these tossers know they won't be here next season. It's impossible to motivate them . Let's see Cook build his own team of players who want to play for him. Until then accept this is how it is until next season.
Login to get fewer ads

Really bad start from Cook on 17:05 - Mar 27 with 3442 viewsOjc

Really bad start from Cook on 17:04 - Mar 27 by haynes_toe1

Of course players have significantly underperformed under both Lambert and now Cook.

But Lambert was achieving a better PPG with this squad. This turd that cant be polished did scrape 3 wins in a row before Lambert left.

Under Cook we've somehow managed to look even less creative. The sides he has put out would have people ploting to murder Lambert had he put them sides out.

Cook deserves time but he has undeniably been poor thus far with little to no impact. Portsmouth on the other hand make a change and have immediate impact.

I don’t doubt Cook is a great manager, but I believe the Cowleys would have been a better option for us.
Really bad start from Cook on 17:06 - Mar 27 with 3410 viewsnoggin

"This squad on paper is one of the strongest in the division."

Where is the evidence of that?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Really bad start from Cook on 17:06 - Mar 27 with 3409 viewsChurchman

The squad is not one of the strongest in the division. The largest maybe. But this rabble can’t even compete with Gillingham.

Cook has a choice. He either gets Evans assurance in writing that he will be given support to clear out this dross almost lock stock and barrel, or he should look for another job. He won’t find a worse club than this with as few prospects in all four divisions. Why he came I’ll never know, unless it was the promise of a takeover.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 17:19]
Really bad start from Cook on 17:08 - Mar 27 with 3332 viewsthebooks

Really bad start from Cook on 17:04 - Mar 27 by TieDyedIn95

Cook needs time now. We need to let this lot go, fix recruitment and stop relying on everyone's hand me downs and youth players. We need to signed the best 11 in this league, and we need to spend a little to do it and get back up and improve from there.

If Evans is going to continue as-is we will drop again. We need to put the pressure on Evans, not Cook.

Yes, I’d never argue disinvestment and general drift haven’t got us to where we are. I would have just liked to have seen the new manager have some effect on us. But nothing at all, and a frustrating inflexibility.

I think Cook is a good manager, but he has a different type of challenge here. At the moment, I’m not convicned he’s right for the job — like I say, it’s just reminding me of Lambert at the moment.

Still, early doors and all that.
Really bad start from Cook on 17:09 - Mar 27 with 3308 viewsN2_Blue

"This squad on paper is one of the strongest in the division"

NO IT IS NOT!! How many times does this need saying. It could hard ly win a game in the championship and has for a 2nd season shown it is not good enough for top 6 in L1.

It is a bang average squad full of wasters

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Oh Please!!! on 17:11 - Mar 27 with 3228 viewsunstableblue

Pompey had shown some consitent attacking guile and energy through the season-we simply hadn't

This is a squad devoid of personality, energy and attacking intent.

Cook is the man for us; but needs surgery on the squad, and the right players to match is energy and enthusiasm.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Really bad start from Cook on 17:12 - Mar 27 with 3213 viewsbilllm

Maybe it's not cook who was the brains but his wigan sidekick, look at the lambert situation he was crap without culverhouse
Really bad start from Cook on 17:13 - Mar 27 with 3190 viewslmfcblue

Expected a better start from PC.
Really bad start from Cook on 17:14 - Mar 27 with 3156 viewsRobTheMonk

It's not been great.

Look at Burton; Jimmy joined and they started doing well pretty quickly. Do they have better players than us?

But, as I've said before, should have got Cook in before the transfer window.
Really bad start from Cook on 17:20 - Mar 27 with 3050 viewsPinewoodblue

PC biggest problem is we just don’t have any real pace, nor drive, in the three behind a lone striker.

If he wants to prove he was right to say we are good enough then he has to bite the bullet and forget about playing 4-2-3-1.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Really bad start from Cook on 17:23 - Mar 27 with 3000 viewsOsborneOneNil

Crikey, some of the comments on here.
Really bad start from Cook on 17:26 - Mar 27 with 2953 viewschrismakin

Really bad start from Cook on 17:20 - Mar 27 by Pinewoodblue

PC biggest problem is we just don’t have any real pace, nor drive, in the three behind a lone striker.

If he wants to prove he was right to say we are good enough then he has to bite the bullet and forget about playing 4-2-3-1.

Like the 4 4 2 in the first half you mean?

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Really bad start from Cook on 17:29 - Mar 27 with 2908 viewsStewart27

Really bad start from Cook on 17:03 - Mar 27 by chrismakin

Pompy. A side who have played with top 6 for the past 3 seasons.

Went a bit damp lately. But their squad mentality is miles better than ours

We were in the championship two seasons ago!!!
Really bad start from Cook on 17:29 - Mar 27 with 2900 viewshaynes_toe1

New managers have come into clubs who have not won a game all season with poor ownership recruitment the lot, points adrift at the bottom of the league and had a had a bigger positive impact than Cook has so far.
Really bad start from Cook on 17:30 - Mar 27 with 2884 viewschrismakin

Really bad start from Cook on 17:29 - Mar 27 by Stewart27

We were in the championship two seasons ago!!!

Struggling in the championship yes

Completly different mentality

Really bad start from Cook on 17:36 - Mar 27 with 2834 viewsCoastalblue

Really bad start from Cook on 17:06 - Mar 27 by noggin

"This squad on paper is one of the strongest in the division."

Where is the evidence of that?

There is none, and doesn't appear to have been any for some time.

Some of us have been lambasted for saying that for a while though as many were using it as a stick to beat Lambert with for so long, the reality is that Lambert had an enormous pile of sticks next to him and you could just take your pick but this was the favourite one for many.

Reality is that Lambert was a sh1tshow but so is this squad of players on the whole, it's just some people will have to swallow some pride and accept they were wrong to admit that, or alternately pretend they never said any different I expect.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Really bad start from Cook on 17:39 - Mar 27 with 2803 viewsKropotkin123

Really bad start from Cook on 17:05 - Mar 27 by pointofblue

This season is a write off but Cook has to take some responsibility - we were only a point off the play offs when he joined. He’ll rightly get the summer but we must hit the ground running in August.

We are only three points off fifth. So far on that basis he has lost a grand total of two points.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024