Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst was right afterall 17:17 - Mar 27 with 1791 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Hurst was right afterall on 17:18 - Mar 27 with 1767 viewschrismakin

Eh he signed a fair few of them lol.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Hurst was right afterall on 17:19 - Mar 27 with 1755 viewschicoazul

As much as I hate to say it (I despise that man) I think there is a lot in this. Since Mick left there is a distinct lack of effort.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Hurst was right afterall on 17:19 - Mar 27 with 1744 viewsNthsuffolkblue

And yet a fair number of them he brought into the club.

Cook needs to clear out and get not only the right quality, but the right character and who can work together in a system.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 17:20]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Hurst was right afterall on 17:19 - Mar 27 with 1736 viewsBryanPlug

Hurst was right afterall on 17:18 - Mar 27 by chrismakin

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Hurst was right afterall on 17:22 - Mar 27 with 1674 viewspointofblue

Holy no, Vincent-Young no, Chambers no, Nsiala yes, Ward no, Dozzell no, Bishop no, Judge no, Edwards yes, Sears no, Norwood no, Woolfenden no, Harrop no, Jackson yes, Dobra no.

So three Hurst signings out of the 15 who appeared today.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Hurst was right afterall on 17:25 - Mar 27 with 1626 viewschrismakin

Hurst was right afterall on 17:22 - Mar 27 by pointofblue

Holy no, Vincent-Young no, Chambers no, Nsiala yes, Ward no, Dozzell no, Bishop no, Judge no, Edwards yes, Sears no, Norwood no, Woolfenden no, Harrop no, Jackson yes, Dobra no.

So three Hurst signings out of the 15 who appeared today.

Oh we just basing it on today then not overall? Do contract extensions count etc. I'm not sure of the rules.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Hurst was right afterall on 17:25 - Mar 27 with 1631 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

That’s been clear to all for the past six years but most fans have been swept up in the *insert manager here* out brigade, who simply don’t understand why we are not in the Prem.
Hurst was right afterall on 17:38 - Mar 27 with 1529 viewsBlueBadger

The players that he signed?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Hurst was right afterall on 17:46 - Mar 27 with 1454 viewswkj

But the ones he let go were actually pretty good...

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Hurst was right afterall on 17:57 - Mar 27 with 1390 viewspointofblue

Hurst was right afterall on 17:25 - Mar 27 by chrismakin

Oh we just basing it on today then not overall? Do contract extensions count etc. I'm not sure of the rules.

I wasn’t sure either but do we actually have many of Hurst’s signings left?

Donacien - out on loan
Edwards - still here
Harrison - sold
Jackson - still here
Nsiala - still here
Nolan - still here (injured)
Roberts - released

So out of the massive squad we have only four of them still on our books were signed by Hurst.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Hurst was right afterall on 17:59 - Mar 27 with 1375 viewschicoazul

I’m pretty sure we all know which players specifically are meant. I also don’t know if he ever really said that in those words although it’s well known he thought it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Hurst was right afterall on 18:01 - Mar 27 with 1353 viewsPositivelyPortman

Yeah, he signed one of today’s better players Toto.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Hurst was right afterall on 18:02 - Mar 27 with 1313 viewschrismakin

Hurst was right afterall on 18:01 - Mar 27 by PositivelyPortman

I love toto

Hurst was right afterall on 18:04 - Mar 27 with 1293 viewswkj

Hurst was right afterall on 18:01 - Mar 27 by PositivelyPortman

The problem has to lie more around who he let go. Garner and Waghorn both seemed happy, Waghorn even was having fun with the pre season promotional material shot before Hurst arrived. Shortly after there were reports he wanted to leave - hardly a coincidence in my mind.

For the money he spent in that transfer season, he could have got way more quality in than he did. Jackson, Donacien, and Toto - as good as they can be for us, were not value for money based upon what we laid out.

Crybaby

Hurst was right afterall on 18:14 - Mar 27 with 1212 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Hurst was right afterall on 18:04 - Mar 27 by wkj

The problem has to lie more around who he let go. Garner and Waghorn both seemed happy, Waghorn even was having fun with the pre season promotional material shot before Hurst arrived. Shortly after there were reports he wanted to leave - hardly a coincidence in my mind.

For the money he spent in that transfer season, he could have got way more quality in than he did. Jackson, Donacien, and Toto - as good as they can be for us, were not value for money based upon what we laid out.

His head was turned by the money I think and what seemed like a real promotion shot with derby.

Anyone calling out Cook needs to hold fire, hes had half a dozen games with a squad low on confidence. He plays his way, it's up to him now to bring in the players that will work for that and work out which of the current lot to keep and do the same.... we cant judge him til next season to do otherwise is rather disingenuous.

To me Evans now needs to step up, assuming (and we don't know) he has pulled the plug on the deal for the club he has to show the desire we want him to have. I've said it before but so many clubs do more with less, at least in this league. The failures of this club like all organisations start at the top.

Evans out

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Hurst was right afterall on 18:18 - Mar 27 with 1187 viewsRadlett_blue

Hurst was right afterall on 18:04 - Mar 27 by wkj

I guess Waghorn left because Derby were willing to pay him £8k a week, but maybe because he also felt they were a better career move. Hard to blame Hurst for losing him, Webster & Garner. The problem was the dross he brought in - none of whom looks better than an average League 1 player.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Hurst was right afterall on 18:20 - Mar 27 with 1165 viewswkj

Hurst was right afterall on 18:18 - Mar 27 by Radlett_blue

I guess Waghorn left because Derby were willing to pay him £8k a week, but maybe because he also felt they were a better career move. Hard to blame Hurst for losing him, Webster & Garner. The problem was the dross he brought in - none of whom looks better than an average League 1 player.

Thing of it all, is we got mugged on the transfer fee for all three of those players. Hurst said yep, I want the money fast, Evans stamped the deal - and in so doing, got his pants pulled down by Hurst and the teams that snapped up bargains.

Crybaby

Hurst was right afterall on 18:20 - Mar 27 with 1163 viewsMullet

Hurst was right afterall on 18:18 - Mar 27 by Radlett_blue

That offer only came in once he made it known he didn't want to work with Hurst and Doig who basically tried to force him out once Evans said there was no more money.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024