Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season 21:35 - Mar 27 with 4019 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Chambers - release. Need a leader to prepare for the Championship. Bring one in with a view to the future.
Skuse - could be a squad player for me, depends what else Cook might be able to get.
Wilson and Nsiala - keep. The defence has not been our problem this season and would need replacing if they went.
Ward - release. Need something for the future there.
Donacien - keep as back up RB.
Huws - release. Needs to be on the pitch. We all know he will probably go and do what Didsy did but can we afford to hope for that?
Bishop - keep. Needs to develop a partnership with someone but clearly has quality.
Judge - keep as a number 10 if wages permit.
Edwards - release. Need more consistency. Was clearly our best player at the start of the season but can't afford a creative player to have such a long lean spell.
Sears - release. Isn't fitting in any more. Need to get a goal scorer for the future in.
Jackson - release. Shame we didn't take the offer in January. Simply doesn't fit in with the system. Pointless to keep unless we go 2 up front. Need a goal scoring striker.
Drinan - release.

With 6 loanees going back too, the big task for Cook will be dealing with the rest in order to improve the squad.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 21:49 - Mar 27 with 3393 viewsSmithy

3 - WARD Stephen - Release
4 - CHAMBERS Luke - Keep as Club Captain (not Team Captain)
5 - WILSON James - Undecided
7 - EDWARDS Gwion - Release, todays performance made my mind up
8 - SKUSE Cole - Release
9 - JACKSON Kayden - Sign and then Transfer List
12 - DONACIEN Janoi - Release
13 - WRIGHT Harry - Release
15 - BISHOP Teddy - Undecided
16 - NYDAM Tristan - Keep
18 - JUDGE Alan - Release, todays performance made my mind up
20 - SEARS Freddie - Release
22 - NSIALA Toto - Release
25 - DRINAN Aaron - Release
26 - EL MIZOUNI Idris - Keep
31 - PRZYBEK Adam - Keep
35 - MORRIS Ben - Keep
37 - COTTER Barry - Released
44 - HUWS Emyr - Release
45 - FOLAMI Ben - Release
48 - GIBBS Liam - Keep
51 - HEALY Matt - Release
53 - BROWN Zak - Keep
55 - SIZIBA Zanda - Keep
56 - VIRAL Allan - Release
57 - ANDOH Levi - Release
- BROWN Kai - Release
- CLEMENTS Bailey - Release
- HUGHES Tommy - Undecided
- WHITE Albie - Release

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 21:52 - Mar 27 with 3380 viewsMuncher

For me the only players that have shown glimpses over the last two seasons that they are good enough to cut it at the top of league one are Norwood, KVY, Downes and possibly judge. The rest just haven’t done enough for me at all, time to get rid I’m afraid, clean slate required. I really want Bishop and Dozzell to come good but I think a move is best for them and best for the club.

If it were my choice I would want to ship out 30 players and bring in around 15. Wholesale changes needed.
Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 21:53 - Mar 27 with 3370 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 21:49 - Mar 27 by Smithy

8 - SKUSE Cole - Release
31 - PRZYBEK Adam - Keep
35 - MORRIS Ben - Keep
44 - HUWS Emyr - Release
48 - GIBBS Liam - Keep
53 - BROWN Zak - Keep
55 - SIZIBA Zanda - Keep
- BROWN Kai - Release
- WHITE Albie - Release

There are two problems with "keep and then transfer list" for Jackson.

One is what message does that send to the player. The other is you are stuck with the player if no one agrees a fee and they will know you are keen to get rid.

We really should have taken the money when it was on offer.

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 21:56 - Mar 27 with 3355 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 21:52 - Mar 27 by Muncher

For me the only players that have shown glimpses over the last two seasons that they are good enough to cut it at the top of league one are Norwood, KVY, Downes and possibly judge. The rest just haven’t done enough for me at all, time to get rid I’m afraid, clean slate required. I really want Bishop and Dozzell to come good but I think a move is best for them and best for the club.

If it were my choice I would want to ship out 30 players and bring in around 15. Wholesale changes needed.

I agree with that aside from the defence. I don't think the defence has been the problem.

However, I do think we need something more for the future than Ward and Chambers.

One thing we really need is a leader on the pitch who is young enough to be that leader for the next few years and in the Championship. I cannot see anyone currently here who has that in them. Just possibly Downes. Otherwise we ned to get them in.

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 21:57 - Mar 27 with 3346 viewsSmithy

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 21:53 - Mar 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

There are two problems with "keep and then transfer list" for Jackson.

One is what message does that send to the player. The other is you are stuck with the player if no one agrees a fee and they will know you are keen to get rid.

We really should have taken the money when it was on offer.

better to get £50k than nothing at all, we have an option on him so why would we release him when we can get a fee regardless of how small.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 22:01 - Mar 27 with 3317 viewsMuncher

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 21:56 - Mar 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

I agree with that aside from the defence. I don't think the defence has been the problem.

However, I do think we need something more for the future than Ward and Chambers.

One thing we really need is a leader on the pitch who is young enough to be that leader for the next few years and in the Championship. I cannot see anyone currently here who has that in them. Just possibly Downes. Otherwise we ned to get them in.

That the defence hasn’t been stretched is more a symptom of how poor the league is. Wilson and Toto could play a part as squad players but neither would be in my starting eleven next season.
Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 22:31 - Mar 27 with 3216 viewsIllinoisblue

I have nothing but resentment towards our squad. They can all go.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 00:55 - Mar 28 with 3046 viewspointofblue

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 22:01 - Mar 27 by Muncher

That the defence hasn’t been stretched is more a symptom of how poor the league is. Wilson and Toto could play a part as squad players but neither would be in my starting eleven next season.

I think we could get promoted with Donacien, Vincent-Young, Kenlock, Ward, Chambers, Nsiala, Wilson and Woolfenden making up the defensive unit within the squad. As said, defence is not the issue for us - creating and scoring chances is.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 06:23 - Mar 28 with 2990 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 21:57 - Mar 27 by Smithy

better to get £50k than nothing at all, we have an option on him so why would we release him when we can get a fee regardless of how small.

I think you will find even with the 1 yr extension contracts there will be costs to the club in the way of fees such as player and agents so that £50/100k we get for jackson will most likely cost us that in renewing his contract etc

Bite the bullet and Let him go
Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 06:27 - Mar 28 with 2985 viewschrismakin

3 - WARD Stephen - Keep
4 - CHAMBERS Luke - Release
5 - WILSON James - Keep
7 - EDWARDS Gwion - Release
8 - SKUSE Cole - Release
9 - JACKSON Kayden - Keep
12 - DONACIEN Janoi - Keep
15 - BISHOP Teddy - Keep but need to sell Dozzell
18 - JUDGE Alan - Release
22 - NSIALA Toto - Keep
44 - HUWS Emyr - Release

-

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 06:28 - Mar 28 with 2984 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Release all of those out of contract.

Try to bring in some senior pros who will demand more from the teammates who are still here and go from there. It could take 2/3 years and if it does it does but I’ve had enough of these so called pros stealing a wage for far too long.
Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 06:30 - Mar 28 with 2980 viewschrismakin

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 06:28 - Mar 28 by ColchesterBlue1985

Release all of those out of contract.

Try to bring in some senior pros who will demand more from the teammates who are still here and go from there. It could take 2/3 years and if it does it does but I’ve had enough of these so called pros stealing a wage for far too long.

Thing is, town fans are patient, BUT you have to see it going somewhere, another 2/3 years is fine, but there must be a clear direction of where we are going like we had with Burley, every year we knew we would be competing.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 06:33 - Mar 28 with 2977 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 06:30 - Mar 28 by chrismakin

Thing is, town fans are patient, BUT you have to see it going somewhere, another 2/3 years is fine, but there must be a clear direction of where we are going like we had with Burley, every year we knew we would be competing.

Exactly that, we were building steadily which then resulted us having “THAT” season in the prem.

What we could do with a player like Chris Makin now lol. Mind you in one training session half our players would be out for the season. Had a great sesh with him once, avid Man Utd fan!!
Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 06:36 - Mar 28 with 2974 viewschrismakin

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 06:33 - Mar 28 by ColchesterBlue1985

Exactly that, we were building steadily which then resulted us having “THAT” season in the prem.

What we could do with a player like Chris Makin now lol. Mind you in one training session half our players would be out for the season. Had a great sesh with him once, avid Man Utd fan!!

Great bloke Chris, could you imagine a 50 50 battle between CM and Bishop. lol

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 06:39 - Mar 28 with 2971 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 06:36 - Mar 28 by chrismakin

Great bloke Chris, could you imagine a 50 50 battle between CM and Bishop. lol

As they say a “proper defender”. Never 10/10 equally never 5/10, always 7/8 out of 10. I also seems to be have been a dying breed where you can have right back who is equally comfortable at left back. I remember loads in that era, now they can only seemingly play one side. In him and Wilnis we had two for crying out loud.
Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 06:42 - Mar 28 with 2964 viewschrismakin

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 06:39 - Mar 28 by ColchesterBlue1985

As they say a “proper defender”. Never 10/10 equally never 5/10, always 7/8 out of 10. I also seems to be have been a dying breed where you can have right back who is equally comfortable at left back. I remember loads in that era, now they can only seemingly play one side. In him and Wilnis we had two for crying out loud.

And then we had David Wright - - another solid 7/10 weekly too, proper fullbacks.

We've had some lovely fullbacks over the years, for me id be making fullback my first shopping spree

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 06:49 - Mar 28 with 2961 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 06:42 - Mar 28 by chrismakin

And then we had David Wright - - another solid 7/10 weekly too, proper fullbacks.

We've had some lovely fullbacks over the years, for me id be making fullback my first shopping spree

Another top bloke too. Sat next to him at a col Utd awards evening, great guy. Spent the whole evening talking Ipswich. The first day he and the other players met Evans, was him demanding the players lined up and he flew in by helicopter and landed on the training pitch lol

He thought we were one player off getting promotion under Magilton, not sure I agreed just one and a lot of people forget how “bad” relatively speaking we were in his last games.

Even a lot of those under the radar players would be standout captains in this team. Jermaine Wright, Clapham, McGreal, Venus you could go on and on.

How I miss that team!!!
Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 06:53 - Mar 28 with 2953 viewschrismakin

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 06:49 - Mar 28 by ColchesterBlue1985

Another top bloke too. Sat next to him at a col Utd awards evening, great guy. Spent the whole evening talking Ipswich. The first day he and the other players met Evans, was him demanding the players lined up and he flew in by helicopter and landed on the training pitch lol

He thought we were one player off getting promotion under Magilton, not sure I agreed just one and a lot of people forget how “bad” relatively speaking we were in his last games.

Even a lot of those under the radar players would be standout captains in this team. Jermaine Wright, Clapham, McGreal, Venus you could go on and on.

How I miss that team!!!

Any player between 1995 and 2006 imo would make this lot look non league.

Could be Stockwell, Dyer, Ambrose, Mcgreal, Clapham or even................. Jimmy Juan!!

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 06:59 - Mar 28 with 2947 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 06:53 - Mar 28 by chrismakin

Any player between 1995 and 2006 imo would make this lot look non league.

Could be Stockwell, Dyer, Ambrose, Mcgreal, Clapham or even................. Jimmy Juan!!

At least you were guaranteed a decent set piece with Juan. Shane we couldn’t afford the 200k to sign him permanently.
Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 10:49 - Mar 28 with 2706 viewsBryanPlug

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 21:49 - Mar 27 by Smithy

8 - SKUSE Cole - Release
31 - PRZYBEK Adam - Keep
35 - MORRIS Ben - Keep
44 - HUWS Emyr - Release
48 - GIBBS Liam - Keep
53 - BROWN Zak - Keep
55 - SIZIBA Zanda - Keep
- BROWN Kai - Release
- WHITE Albie - Release

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 10:59 - Mar 28 with 2680 viewsChurchman

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 22:31 - Mar 27 by Illinoisblue

I have nothing but resentment towards our squad. They can all go.

After the last few weeks, I think this is where I am too. Not practical, I know,
Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 12:10 - Mar 28 with 2617 viewslongtimefan

I’ve made this point before but people still seem to ignore it. All these players being released will not generate any income. Which is fine if we are just slimming down the squad. However most people don’t want that they want better replacements. Where do they think the money is coming from. I really can’t see Evans splashing the cash in the current economic climate and with the club having minimal income these past two seasons.
Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 12:48 - Mar 28 with 2572 viewsWeWereZombies

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 12:10 - Mar 28 by longtimefan

I’ve made this point before but people still seem to ignore it. All these players being released will not generate any income. Which is fine if we are just slimming down the squad. However most people don’t want that they want better replacements. Where do they think the money is coming from. I really can’t see Evans splashing the cash in the current economic climate and with the club having minimal income these past two seasons.

If the club renews contracts then there is a financial commitment to pay wages for the time span of the contract. It seems clear that Evans has a tight budgetary discipline in place (if nothing else) and such a commitment will clearly have an adverse effect on funds available to pay transfer fees, agents fees and limit the wages that can be agreed with new signings even if they do arrive as free agents.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2021 12:49]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 12:56 - Mar 28 with 2547 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Keep or release; assuming we are in League 1 next season on 21:57 - Mar 27 by Smithy

It probably costs £50k for the legal process, admin costs and expenses in a sale of a player.
[Redacted] on 13:05 - Mar 28 with 2521 viewsvictorywilhappen

8 - SKUSE Cole - Release