Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peterborough’s strikers 09:51 - Mar 28 with 2645 viewsblueprint

Year in year out despite normally selling their top striker Peterborough still manage to replaced them the following season and have 2 or 3 others in the same side who know where the back of the net is .
Peterborough’s strikers on 09:53 - Mar 28 with 2360 viewsPlums

It’s called strategy. It seems to be a missing section from Marcus’ version of ‘Running a Football Club for Dummies’
[Post edited 28 Mar 2021 9:54]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Peterborough’s strikers on 09:56 - Mar 28 with 2330 viewsblueprint

Peterborough’s strikers on 09:53 - Mar 28 by Plums

It’s called strategy. It seems to be a missing section from Marcus’ version of ‘Running a Football Club for Dummies’

And a owner that communicates with the fans and media. What have we done to deserve Evans?
Peterborough’s strikers on 10:04 - Mar 28 with 2268 viewsRIPbobby

We actually picked up on this a few years ago and beat them to signing Jackson.
Peterborough’s strikers on 10:05 - Mar 28 with 2262 viewsPlums

Peterborough’s strikers on 09:56 - Mar 28 by blueprint

And a owner that communicates with the fans and media. What have we done to deserve Evans?

Darragh is no angel. A lot of people seem to have forgiven his ‘interesting’ business dealings because he’s good on Twitter.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.

Peterborough’s strikers on 10:07 - Mar 28 with 2248 viewsMullet

Peterborough’s strikers on 10:05 - Mar 28 by Plums

Darragh is no angel. A lot of people seem to have forgiven his ‘interesting’ business dealings because he’s good on Twitter.

Or that Posh never really go anywhere. If we are looking to emulate a couple of seasons not getting relegated from the Championship we really need to fold the club.

Exeter are much more preferable model in my opinion, albeit on an even smaller budget.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Peterborough’s strikers on 10:18 - Mar 28 with 2207 viewscatch74

Weren’t we after Szmodics? He’d make a big difference to this Ipswich team, how on earth did we let him choose Peterborough.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Peterborough’s strikers on 10:20 - Mar 28 with 2197 viewspointofblue

Peterborough’s strikers on 10:18 - Mar 28 by catch74

Weren’t we after Szmodics? He’d make a big difference to this Ipswich team, how on earth did we let him choose Peterborough.

I think I read he hates us for some reason though don’t know if that’s just idle gossip.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Peterborough’s strikers on 10:30 - Mar 28 with 2142 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

They wanted Kayden Jackson when we signed him.

Makes you wonder how he would have done in their set up.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Peterborough’s strikers on 10:30 - Mar 28 with 2131 viewstextbackup

id pick peterbouough over ipswich

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Peterborough’s strikers on 10:34 - Mar 28 with 2112 viewsbournemouthblue

We were linked with him in January 2020 I believe before he joined Posh

We were linked with a few attacking midfielders around that time so there was probably something in it

I think there might have been some interest in Downes and perhaps we were looking at ways to reinvest the money?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Peterborough’s strikers on 10:36 - Mar 28 with 2097 viewsbournemouthblue

The thing with Peterborough which I always find puzzling is they seem to be very well run in League One, always scoring lots of goals and looking dangerous but they have never managed to get up to the Championship and stay there

They basically seem to be doing what Brentford do at a League One level but have failed to ever really kick on

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Peterborough’s strikers on 10:41 - Mar 28 with 2080 viewsPlums

Peterborough’s strikers on 10:36 - Mar 28 by bournemouthblue

The thing with Peterborough which I always find puzzling is they seem to be very well run in League One, always scoring lots of goals and looking dangerous but they have never managed to get up to the Championship and stay there

They basically seem to be doing what Brentford do at a League One level but have failed to ever really kick on

Perhaps MacAnthony realises that he can’t afford to run a Championship club over a period of time?

Peterborough’s strikers on 10:48 - Mar 28 with 2064 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Barry Fry is an underrated director of football. They seem to find young talent every year especially strikers! -
Peterborough’s strikers on 11:37 - Mar 28 with 1990 viewsstrikalite

Peterborough’s strikers on 10:48 - Mar 28 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Barry Fry is an underrated director of football. They seem to find young talent every year especially strikers! -

You have three guys who actually "know" a player, the owner, Fry and Fergie, Fry spotted both Assombalonga and Dwight Gayle in the same non-league match, it's not luck that they've recruited well from the lower leagues over the years, I question whether they could do this in the Championship however, it can certainly work in League One though, the list of players they've sold on for huge money for the next level up is really impressive..

Remember though that they do pay fees for players, they trust in their judgement, this is where ME's fails imo, wouldn't have a feel for a player because he isn't a football man..
Peterborough’s strikers on 11:49 - Mar 28 with 1965 viewsGarv

I know it's not Football Manager but Szmodics seemed like such as obvious signing for us to make, or at least try to make, when he was set to leave Colchester. I don't know why we don't poach their best players more often. Yes he might not have come because of the 'rivalry', and for all I know we tried, but we never heard any whispers of it.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Peterborough’s strikers on 11:52 - Mar 28 with 1956 viewsstrikalite

Peterborough’s strikers on 11:49 - Mar 28 by Garv

I know it's not Football Manager but Szmodics seemed like such as obvious signing for us to make, or at least try to make, when he was set to leave Colchester. I don't know why we don't poach their best players more often. Yes he might not have come because of the 'rivalry', and for all I know we tried, but we never heard any whispers of it.

Didn't we mess him about when he wanted to come here before going to Bristol City? That's why he wouldn't come here on loan, something like that I think..
Peterborough’s strikers on 12:51 - Mar 28 with 1810 viewsMach_foreignBlue

1.26m that is the Clarke-Harris' transfer fee. That's the amount of money our owner could have invested to make us better.

Instead we got Oli Hawkins.
Peterborough’s strikers on 12:56 - Mar 28 with 1781 viewstextbackup

Peterborough’s strikers on 12:51 - Mar 28 by Mach_foreignBlue

1.26m that is the Clarke-Harris' transfer fee. That's the amount of money our owner could have invested to make us better.

Instead we got Oli Hawkins.

did OH play under PC at pompy?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Peterborough’s strikers on 13:04 - Mar 28 with 1754 viewstractordownsouth

It’s worth pointing out that this is their 8th consecutive season in this division, and in the last 6 they’ve failed to make the play offs. It’s true that they generate money but they haven’t had much success on the pitch before this year.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Peterborough’s strikers on 13:05 - Mar 28 with 1752 viewstractordownsouth

Peterborough’s strikers on 12:56 - Mar 28 by textbackup

did OH play under PC at pompy?

Nope, he joined the same summer that Cook went to Wigan.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Peterborough’s strikers on 13:12 - Mar 28 with 1723 viewsGarv

Peterborough’s strikers on 11:52 - Mar 28 by strikalite

Didn't we mess him about when he wanted to come here before going to Bristol City? That's why he wouldn't come here on loan, something like that I think..

Did we? Wasn't aware of that.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Peterborough’s strikers on 13:12 - Mar 28 with 1722 viewsLeaky

Peterborough’s strikers on 10:41 - Mar 28 by Plums

Perhaps MacAnthony realises that he can’t afford to run a Championship club over a period of time?

Had a chat with Barry Fry a couple of years back. He pointed out that when Posh are at home if you stand on Peterborough Station platform. There's more fans heading to London, Leeds & Newcastle than Posh get for a home game .
Peterborough’s strikers on 13:22 - Mar 28 with 1670 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Peterborough’s strikers on 13:04 - Mar 28 by tractordownsouth

It’s worth pointing out that this is their 8th consecutive season in this division, and in the last 6 they’ve failed to make the play offs. It’s true that they generate money but they haven’t had much success on the pitch before this year.

You are right of course - if only they could unearth defenders as they do with attackers. Of course their low attendances also hold them back
Peterborough’s strikers on 15:39 - Mar 28 with 1498 viewsPlums

Peterborough’s strikers on 13:04 - Mar 28 by tractordownsouth

And if that’s their strategy, it’s working.

Peterborough’s strikers on 15:45 - Mar 28 with 1486 viewsJ2BLUE

Peterborough’s strikers on 10:04 - Mar 28 by RIPbobby

We actually picked up on this a few years ago and beat them to signing Jackson.

Or so we believe. God knows what Peterborough's top people feed Evans when he phones for advice.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024