Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Campervan Hire. 14:31 - Mar 28 with 1063 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Good afternoon fellow TWTDers.
Booking the Glastonbudget festival for August bank holiday and instead of camping, we quite like the idea of hiring a campervan for the duration.
Any recommendations on where to hire from and the type of vehicle we can hanker down in.
There will just be me and the missus.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Campervan Hire. on 14:51 - Mar 28 with 1018 viewsLord_Lucan

I don't really know, I am thinking these places might be few and far between. There used to be a few VW Campers sitting at Bentwaters but that was some time back - I think they were for hire.

I would phone Barry Sharmans and they might have something or could recommend someone.

Otherwise I think these guys offer a range of vehicles for hire.

https://www.greentrees-caravanstore.co.uk/

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Campervan Hire. on 15:04 - Mar 28 with 985 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Campervan Hire. on 14:51 - Mar 28 by Lord_Lucan

I don't really know, I am thinking these places might be few and far between. There used to be a few VW Campers sitting at Bentwaters but that was some time back - I think they were for hire.

I would phone Barry Sharmans and they might have something or could recommend someone.

Otherwise I think these guys offer a range of vehicles for hire.

https://www.greentrees-caravanstore.co.uk/

Thanks LL. Will give them a look.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Campervan Hire. on 15:17 - Mar 28 with 958 viewsDerryfromBury

Campervan Hire. on 15:04 - Mar 28 by StochesStotasBlewe

Thanks LL. Will give them a look.

Try "Just Go" at Ampthill. They have plenty, it'll cost around £1500
Campervan Hire. on 16:43 - Mar 28 with 900 viewsdickie

We looked into hiring one a couple of years ago and it was so expensive we ended up buying a VW T4 and converting it.

Also, love that Glastonbudget is still going! Played a gig there in 2008 (I think) and particularly enjoyed Rabbi Williams the Jewish Robbie Williams tribute
Campervan Hire. on 16:47 - Mar 28 with 891 viewsFenoit

I’ve been to Glastonbury three times and in a camper and have always used https://www.dgmotorhomes.co.uk and would recommend them. Depending on your location they might be a bit out of the way, but the campers are lovely and the service is great!
Campervan Hire. on 17:05 - Mar 28 with 865 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Campervan Hire. on 16:43 - Mar 28 by dickie

We looked into hiring one a couple of years ago and it was so expensive we ended up buying a VW T4 and converting it.

Also, love that Glastonbudget is still going! Played a gig there in 2008 (I think) and particularly enjoyed Rabbi Williams the Jewish Robbie Williams tribute

Mate, we go every year. Great festival, really friendly, get on the beer all day, no hassle and a good mix of up and coming bands plus the tribute acts across the stages. I did manage to piss in the corner of the tent last time we were there and managed to convince the missus it leaked after a shower.

Campervan Hire. on 17:10 - Mar 28 with 853 viewsdickie

Campervan Hire. on 17:05 - Mar 28 by StochesStotasBlewe

Mate, we go every year. Great festival, really friendly, get on the beer all day, no hassle and a good mix of up and coming bands plus the tribute acts across the stages. I did manage to piss in the corner of the tent last time we were there and managed to convince the missus it leaked after a shower.

Think it was 2007 I played there actually, in torrential rain. Had a really great atmosphere though!
Campervan Hire. on 17:24 - Mar 28 with 830 viewsjeera

Campervan Hire. on 17:10 - Mar 28 by dickie

Think it was 2007 I played there actually, in torrential rain. Had a really great atmosphere though!

I'd not even heard of it until now.

But looking at some photos online it looks proper!

Decent main stage etc.

How many stages are there?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Campervan Hire. on 17:27 - Mar 28 with 825 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Campervan Hire. on 17:24 - Mar 28 by jeera

I'd not even heard of it until now.

But looking at some photos online it looks proper!

Decent main stage etc.

How many stages are there?

Usually 5 stages I think. Toyah headlined there one year. Don’t remember too much about her set due to beer goggles. Not that expensive either in the grand scheme of things.

Campervan Hire. on 17:30 - Mar 28 with 818 viewsjeera

Campervan Hire. on 17:27 - Mar 28 by StochesStotasBlewe

Usually 5 stages I think. Toyah headlined there one year. Don’t remember too much about her set due to beer goggles. Not that expensive either in the grand scheme of things.

Sounds great.

So there are also some original big acts too then, even if a bit past their best-before date?

Used to like a bit of Toyah way back.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Campervan Hire. on 17:38 - Mar 28 with 815 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Campervan Hire. on 17:30 - Mar 28 by jeera

Sounds great.

So there are also some original big acts too then, even if a bit past their best-before date?

Used to like a bit of Toyah way back.

Occasionally they do.
Goldie Looking Chain a few years back. Not my thing though. Shut your eyes, get some beers down your neck and most of the tribute acts sound like the real thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024