Quantcast
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just listened to Paul Cook post match interview again 14:33 - Mar 28 with 1081 viewsunstableblue

I thought it was a really well judged, thoughtful set of
comments and again really summed up the game and performance and critically where we are as a team

Taking responsibility himself and not really putting the players under the bus, despite that’s where Brenner wanted to take the interview.

He’s right he needs to find the formula on the training ground that will get some wins, and we all know from wins comes confidence and a run. Worryingly our runs for many seasons are built on sand!

BUT, do we have the players who can really stand up and as Cook says grab the game and drive us forwards?? I’m beginning to think NOT

Judge, Sears and Edwards were shamefully bad yesterday. Ward started to revert to typical form. Chambo seemed to not be DRIVING players on

Bishop looks lost at present

Norwood is getting zero supply.

This has similarities to the hapless Hurst, and perhaps Hurst had a point in that players said they bought into his training and the change he was bringing, but ultimately as soon as there was any pressure they all folded.

We need magiltons, we need Holland’s, we need moggas

Never been more convinced that Chambo and skuse need to leave in the summer

To finish I liked how Cook ended the interview - he’s thrown the gauntlet down to the players, Bristol rovers is out biggest game of the season and it’s MUST win

Interested on the thinking on strong U23s away on Monday is he going to give Wolf, Lankester, Dobra, Hawkins a chance to grab a start on Friday?!?

[Post edited 28 Mar 14:45]

Poll: How do you feel about Mark Ashton as CEO?

I also watched the U18s win highlights on 14:49 - Mar 28 with 996 viewsunstableblue

The attacking intent, the energy, the movement to offer yourself for the ball.., was just such a contrast to the lack of endeavour throughout our senior team yesterday

It’s a group of well paid, experienced pros , who rather than embracing the change, and the enthusiasm that Cook is bringing are just running scared from it

Just listened to Paul Cook post match interview again on 15:43 - Mar 28 with 876 viewsIllinoisblue

Early I know but dangerously close to Keane-era “he’s good at pressers though”

62 - 78 - 81

Just listened to Paul Cook post match interview again on 15:47 - Mar 28 with 860 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Just listened to Paul Cook post match interview again on 15:43 - Mar 28 by Illinoisblue

Early I know but dangerously close to Keane-era “he’s good at pressers though”

You don’t need to go back as far as Keane for that one...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Just listened to Paul Cook post match interview again on 16:22 - Mar 28 with 784 viewsPositivelyPortman

Unstable- everything you’ve said in both your posts are absolutely bang on.
Where is the fire in their stomachs? Who is pushing them onwards?
It’s certainly not coming from the captain of the club (usual caveat - although he appears to be a decent man).

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Just listened to Paul Cook post match interview again on 16:40 - Mar 28 with 742 viewsbraveblue

Unfortunately you don’t win promotion by giving a good interview. Sears was dreadful a couple of weeks ago and gets an out of position start yesterday?

Just listened to Paul Cook post match interview again on 16:41 - Mar 28 with 738 viewsJimmyJazz

The only player we have who i think who can drive the team on is Downes. Ideally it should come from midfield, and I don't see anyone else capable of doing so amongst our midfielders

Poll: Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Just listened to Paul Cook post match interview again on 17:56 - Mar 28 with 639 viewsBlueBadger

*The 'convuluted explanation for why it's Chambers' fault' klaxon*

Ham>Lam
Poll: Should Chambers have a testimonial match when he leaves
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just listened to Paul Cook post match interview again on 18:08 - Mar 28 with 625 viewshaynes_toe1

Just listened to Paul Cook post match interview again on 15:47 - Mar 28 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

You don’t need to go back as far as Keane for that one...

Bit concerning that this early on all the positive Cook threads are just about things hes said rather than done..
Login to get fewer ads

Just listened to Paul Cook post match interview again on 19:41 - Mar 28 with 496 viewsunstableblue

Just listened to Paul Cook post match interview again on 17:56 - Mar 28 by BlueBadger

*The 'convuluted explanation for why it's Chambers' fault' klaxon*

Oh BlueBadger!

I’m actually in general a Chambo fan; think he’s given the club/team a focal point through troubled times. Not his fault he was played out of position for so long with clubs crapness at fixing glaring long term squad issues such as right back or holding/creative mid.

BUT, the club needs a complete restart - Cook as architect - and that means Chambo/Skuse leave.

Just listened to Paul Cook post match interview again on 09:57 - Mar 30 with 230 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Talk is cheap. The performances have gone noticeably downhill since his appointment. We were told by many that this was the best squad in the league and the manager was our problem. We have had a new manager come in, the manager this forum wanted I would say and it's been a disaster so far. What do we say about it? Give him more time. We gave Lambert more time and look what happened.

Poll: Should Paul Cook Leave at the End of the Season?

Just listened to Paul Cook post match interview again on 10:00 - Mar 30 with 222 viewsMetal_Hacker

Just listened to Paul Cook post match interview again on 09:57 - Mar 30 by BlueWorldOrder

Talk is cheap. The performances have gone noticeably downhill since his appointment. We were told by many that this was the best squad in the league and the manager was our problem. We have had a new manager come in, the manager this forum wanted I would say and it's been a disaster so far. What do we say about it? Give him more time. We gave Lambert more time and look what happened.

Get a grip bl00dy hell man

really not sure what you expect here . Time and time again you've knocked PC and the set of results he's "responsible" for

Get over it , give the guy time to clear out the dead wood (potentially half the squad) and come back next season fella

Takes me a lot to go annoyed but my God you take the biscuit at times

Poll: This "TakeOver" and Your Thoughts

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2021