Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Footy Accumulators 23:22 - Mar 28 with 3064 viewschrismakin

How are some people so damn lucky with these,

I've had two over the last two weekends which were nice and simple skybet boosts

last weekend was 18/1 on just 3 winning results, not even correct scores

Popped £10 on, 2 games in both sides winning 2-0 and 3-0. Had Norwich as the other winning team!!!! should have cashed out but thought nah Norwich will win this.... 1-1 !

Yesturday, 6/1 popped on £20, Peterborough, Sunderland and .......... Hull

So that's 2 weekends, 2 pretty much cert home wins ended up being 1-1 draws and messing up my bets.

Yes i see people on twitter every weekend, putting £10 on 10 folds and ending up with £750 lol.

SOOOOOOOOO frustrating.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2021 23:38]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Footy Accumulators on 23:25 - Mar 28 with 2455 viewsJ2BLUE

Years ago I posted a 13 team 1307/1 acca on here that I was going to do on the way to football. I walked to Ladbrokes an they had no quick slips so I didn't bother. It won...

I've never come close since.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Footy Accumulators on 23:35 - Mar 28 with 2411 viewschrismakin

Footy Accumulators on 23:25 - Mar 28 by J2BLUE

Years ago I posted a 13 team 1307/1 acca on here that I was going to do on the way to football. I walked to Ladbrokes an they had no quick slips so I didn't bother. It won...

I've never come close since.

OUCH!!! I can imagine how that felt.

I don't know how long cashout has been around, but it's one of those really horrible things imo, it's great in one way of course, but also to know you 'COULD' have won..... is gutting.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Footy Accumulators on 23:45 - Mar 28 with 2394 viewsvapour_trail

I worked in a ladbrokes when I was a uni bod in the 90s.

The bookies favourite bet was the football accumulator. So rarely comes in. The best okies have got much more clever since then. You know what 18/1 means right?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Footy Accumulators on 23:52 - Mar 28 with 2365 viewsJ2BLUE

Footy Accumulators on 23:45 - Mar 28 by vapour_trail

The bookies favourite bet was the football accumulator. So rarely comes in. The best okies have got much more clever since then. You know what 18/1 means right?

Yea I place the odd acca when trying to look like a mug on the accounts i'm still eligible for matched betting offers.

Truly impaired.

Footy Accumulators on 23:55 - Mar 28 with 2348 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It's a mugs game.

The people who post a win, don't post the other 20 bets they put on that same weekend.

The bookies always win in the end.

My first ever football bet was an accumulator it came in at 32/1... my stake was £1 as a 16 year old.

Sometimes used to do an accumulator in my uni days while watching footy on a sat afternoon, but haven't bothered since.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Footy Accumulators on 23:55 - Mar 28 with 2337 viewschrismakin

Footy Accumulators on 23:45 - Mar 28 by vapour_trail

erm if i wont i'd win £180 plus my stake back lol

Footy Accumulators on 23:55 - Mar 28 with 2337 viewsvapour_trail

Footy Accumulators on 23:52 - Mar 28 by J2BLUE

Yea I place the odd acca when trying to look like a mug on the accounts i'm still eligible for matched betting offers.

I never do them but had a seven fold tonight. Because I was bored.

Most were nailed on. Israel failed me.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Footy Accumulators on 23:56 - Mar 28 with 2321 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Footy Accumulators on 23:55 - Mar 28 by chrismakin

erm if i wont i'd win £180 plus my stake back lol

He was being sarcastic.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Footy Accumulators on 23:57 - Mar 28 with 2307 viewschrismakin

Footy Accumulators on 23:56 - Mar 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

He was being sarcastic.

oh

Footy Accumulators on 08:22 - Mar 29 with 2137 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

We all need a Tel in our lives!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Footy Accumulators on 08:40 - Mar 29 with 2094 viewsBlueandTruesince82

If it helps ROI losing to Luxembourg and Slovakia losing to Malta did for my accy this weekend

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Footy Accumulators on 09:14 - Mar 29 with 2048 viewsRobTheMonk

I had about a 12 game acca in some Eurpean games. Got all but one and that game... Faroe Islands drew to Latvia.
Footy Accumulators on 09:35 - Mar 29 with 2020 viewsJosebadleg

Footy Accumulators on 23:55 - Mar 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

It's a mugs game.

The people who post a win, don't post the other 20 bets they put on that same weekend.

The bookies always win in the end.

My first ever football bet was an accumulator it came in at 32/1... my stake was £1 as a 16 year old.

Sometimes used to do an accumulator in my uni days while watching footy on a sat afternoon, but haven't bothered since.

When I worked for William Hill we were told that even for a 3 fold acca the odds were stacked greatly in the bookies favour. The punter has a 1 in 27 chance where as the bookies have 26 in 27 chance of winning

They say I have a short attenti.........
Poll: What are you looking for in the new manager

Footy Accumulators on 10:32 - Mar 29 with 1957 viewsJ2BLUE

Footy Accumulators on 09:35 - Mar 29 by Josebadleg

When I worked for William Hill we were told that even for a 3 fold acca the odds were stacked greatly in the bookies favour. The punter has a 1 in 27 chance where as the bookies have 26 in 27 chance of winning

Is that a three fold acca with each leg @ 2/1?

Makes no sense if it's the FA Cup third round and City, United and Liverpool are all at home to league two clubs.

Truly impaired.

Footy Accumulators on 10:51 - Mar 29 with 1937 viewsJosebadleg

Footy Accumulators on 10:32 - Mar 29 by J2BLUE

Is that a three fold acca with each leg @ 2/1?

Makes no sense if it's the FA Cup third round and City, United and Liverpool are all at home to league two clubs.

You're betting on 1 set of results Liv City and Utd to win. The bookies have all other results against you for example draw City Utd.

Footy Accumulators on 11:12 - Mar 29 with 1915 viewsGiant_Midget

The bookies love any bet that requires a sequence of events rather than just one result, such as XX team to win and X player to score first. The odds on those bets look attractive, but in reality are poor value.

You may see winners on twitter, but punters aren't posting the multiple lost bets. Social media tipsters worry me. There are plenty of examples of tipsters subtlety encourage chasing losses with phrases like "We go again" when they have a poor weekend. Realistically these tipsters are always winners, they either win the bet, or they are making money from referrals from punters has signed up via their referral links.
Footy Accumulators on 11:29 - Mar 29 with 1882 viewsJ2BLUE

Footy Accumulators on 10:51 - Mar 29 by Josebadleg

You're betting on 1 set of results Liv City and Utd to win. The bookies have all other results against you for example draw City Utd.

Well yea but the likelihood of those isn't equal. Perfectly valid point if the odds are home 2.7 draw 3.1 away 2.7 or something.

Truly impaired.

Footy Accumulators on 11:34 - Mar 29 with 1864 viewsJosebadleg

Footy Accumulators on 11:29 - Mar 29 by J2BLUE

Well yea but the likelihood of those isn't equal. Perfectly valid point if the odds are home 2.7 draw 3.1 away 2.7 or something.

I think I worded it badly. Your selections might be favoured (city utd liv) however there are still 27 possibilities which could happen you have only bet on 1. The bookies will have the other possible 26 results against you.

Footy Accumulators on 11:42 - Mar 29 with 1846 viewshatch

It's all a mugs game and the amount of gambling advertising in and around sport (and on social media) is sickening - I can't believe it is still allowed.

That being said, I generally put about £5-10 of accy bets on per week to liven up a midweek or weekend matchday as I see the scores come through.

I see it as paying £5-10 for a buzz of excitement in the build up to the games and to have me shouting at the TV as Salford almost equalise against Barrow. I treat it like paying £10 for a ticket to watch a film - I probably get more excitement from the accumulator sadly.

This is how it starts though.... (although I've been doing it for about 10 years and started with £2 a week so I've only increased a little)
Footy Accumulators on 11:47 - Mar 29 with 1837 viewsJ2BLUE

Footy Accumulators on 11:34 - Mar 29 by Josebadleg

I think I worded it badly. Your selections might be favoured (city utd liv) however there are still 27 possibilities which could happen you have only bet on 1. The bookies will have the other possible 26 results against you.

Completely agree and I see your point. Just matters far less with the right selections. I saw something years ago where home teams priced between 1.3 and 1.5 actually made you a profit if you bet on them with level stakes.

I get your point though.

Truly impaired.

Footy Accumulators on 12:12 - Mar 29 with 1809 viewsBattersea_Blue

I really enjoy football betting, especially accas now that cash-out is available.

Sure, many blow up and as many have said on this thread the odds are stacked in favour of the bookie.

But I'm well up over the last 30 days and 12 month period. The app I use shows you p & l over the last week, month and year, so I always keep track.

Had a great win a few weeks back. I always do the Sky Super 6 and can transfer those selections to Sky bet (results, not the scores).

I do pretty well on those games usually, though obviously they always pick the tricky games to predict.

So a few weeks ago did the Super 6 and made the acca bet for £10 with odds of 292.66/1. So payout would be £2,926.60 if they all came in.

At half time 3 were winning but as the 2nd half progressed all 6 were winning with about 20 minutes to go. Cashout kept creeping up £600 to £1,000 to £1,500 . . .

From memory 3 of the games were all set, 2 or 3 goals up. Two others were drawing, as I'd predicted. The worrying game was Newcastle v Soton. Don't know if you guys remember but Newcastle were 3-1 at one time but got 1 man sent off, they'd made all their substitutions and another player had to go off injured, so down to 9 men. Soton pulled it back to 3-2 and were all over Newcastle. It got to injury time, still 3-2, all other games had finished in my favour. Cashout was creeping up, £1,750, £2,000 . . Very stressful time, particularly as I was watching Sky Sports Centre and Merson was giving live commentary on that game as all other games had finished. Southampton hit the post, cashout got to £2,435.02 with 4 minutes of injury time left to play.

I bottled it and cashed out at that stage. I'd have kicked myself if I hadn't and Southampton equalised, which it looked so likely that they would.

They didn't equalise and it finished 3-2, which cost me £500. But really exciting for only a tenner bet.

I do tend to cash out if games are looking dodgy but for the sake of £10 or £20 acca bets it's a great bit of fun.
Footy Accumulators on 12:37 - Mar 29 with 1784 viewsIP4_Blue

I bet every weekend on football, I have Sky Bet and normally do the boost which is pretty good I also normally do over 1.5 goals pick about 6 teams which I won weekend before but not last weekend needed 1 goal and then I will just do a silly one like 10 teams accumulator but good returns which obviously never comes in but worth a try!

I only bet £20 a week and If I don't win I don't i'm not fussed. I also only do bets to win £30 or more I don't see the point in winning anything less but that's just me
Footy Accumulators on 20:33 - Mar 31 with 1603 viewschrismakin

Oh ffs

Again tonight

Got a 14 accumulator going.

2 wrong at moment

One of them being Germany!!!! How on earth are they losing!

Other one is a risky one. Bulgaria to beat NI
[Post edited 31 Mar 2021 20:45]

Footy Accumulators on 20:47 - Mar 31 with 1552 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Footy Accumulators on 20:33 - Mar 31 by chrismakin

Oh ffs

Again tonight

Got a 14 accumulator going.

2 wrong at moment

One of them being Germany!!!! How on earth are they losing!

Other one is a risky one. Bulgaria to beat NI
[Post edited 31 Mar 2021 20:45]

This is the point. If those expected results always went the way they should, the bookies would never take bets on them. The point of giving odds on them is that they know they will pay out less often than they are collecting the same amount of money. They are a business not a charity. There is only one guaranteed winner from gambling - the bookie.

I think the question about 18/1 odds wasn't looking for the answer how much you get back as much as how many times out of 20 do you expect an 18/1 bet to materialise?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Footy Accumulators on 20:48 - Mar 31 with 1547 viewschrismakin

Footy Accumulators on 20:47 - Mar 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

This is the point. If those expected results always went the way they should, the bookies would never take bets on them. The point of giving odds on them is that they know they will pay out less often than they are collecting the same amount of money. They are a business not a charity. There is only one guaranteed winner from gambling - the bookie.

I think the question about 18/1 odds wasn't looking for the answer how much you get back as much as how many times out of 20 do you expect an 18/1 bet to materialise?

Yeah I know that

But with Germany lineup you wouldn't expect a loss there

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024