Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The big question remains. Will he ? 00:16 - Mar 29 with 3550 viewsmadmouse1959

Will Evans finally make the right decisions regarding the player clear out that everyone is talking about ? Will Evans finally wake up and do the right thing for the well being of this club ?

shampoo dave

The big question remains. Will he ? on 00:26 - Mar 29 with 2952 viewschrismakin

Ignoring his ability - is he good, is he not etc, We must see the last of Chambers

Great servant to the club, but he's been here all all the way through our worst time as a playing squad and it can't be a coincidence that our lack of interest in games matches his lack of passion shown as a captain.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2021 0:27]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

The big question remains. Will he ? on 00:31 - Mar 29 with 2921 viewsArnieM

Why wouldn’t Evans want to halve his wages bill each month?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

The big question remains. Will he ? on 00:33 - Mar 29 with 2919 viewseddiespearitt03

The big question remains. Will he ? on 00:26 - Mar 29 by chrismakin

Ignoring his ability - is he good, is he not etc, We must see the last of Chambers

Great servant to the club, but he's been here all all the way through our worst time as a playing squad and it can't be a coincidence that our lack of interest in games matches his lack of passion shown as a captain.

It will be interesting to see if these senior players can hoodwink Evans & Cook into another fruitless contract . Big re-build job ahead for Paul Cook or big headaches .I,d love to spend just 5 minutes with Paul Cook.
The big question remains. Will he ? on 00:36 - Mar 29 with 2919 viewschrismakin

The big question remains. Will he ? on 00:33 - Mar 29 by eddiespearitt03

It will be interesting to see if these senior players can hoodwink Evans & Cook into another fruitless contract . Big re-build job ahead for Paul Cook or big headaches .I,d love to spend just 5 minutes with Paul Cook.

What I Find incredible is, apart from watching the videos, when you read peoples thoughts on PC as a person etc it's amazing how none of our players look like they've taken any buzz from him taking over, he really looks like an infectious manager but it seems lost on all of them, it's a very strange squad of players we have.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

The big question remains. Will he ? on 00:46 - Mar 29 with 2904 viewsArnieM

The big question remains. Will he ? on 00:36 - Mar 29 by chrismakin

What I Find incredible is, apart from watching the videos, when you read peoples thoughts on PC as a person etc it's amazing how none of our players look like they've taken any buzz from him taking over, he really looks like an infectious manager but it seems lost on all of them, it's a very strange squad of players we have.

Because they KNOW they’re cushy number at this Club is up . They’ve been sussed and will be shown the door in a few weeks time. This is why they can’t be arsed . They know they won’t be here .... and if by some miracle we did get promoted this season, they , again, almost certainly will not be in Cooks squad next season at the higher level . They have zero incentive to “ make things happen” for the Club or PC.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

The big question remains. Will he ? on 01:29 - Mar 29 with 2881 viewsBonchosBicycle

The big question remains. Will he ? on 00:46 - Mar 29 by ArnieM

Because they KNOW they’re cushy number at this Club is up . They’ve been sussed and will be shown the door in a few weeks time. This is why they can’t be arsed . They know they won’t be here .... and if by some miracle we did get promoted this season, they , again, almost certainly will not be in Cooks squad next season at the higher level . They have zero incentive to “ make things happen” for the Club or PC.

What I don't get is that probably most of these players who will be released will be hoping for another gig elsewhere. They should be playing like they're in the shop window. If you won't play for Town, why the hell wouldn't you play for yourself at least?
The big question remains. Will he ? on 03:18 - Mar 29 with 2825 viewsIllinoisblue

That’s up there as the dumbest take of all time.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The big question remains. Will he ? on 03:38 - Mar 29 with 2811 viewschrismakin

The big question remains. Will he ? on 03:18 - Mar 29 by Illinoisblue

That’s up there as the dumbest take of all time.

You're right, we should offer a new contract and hope his mentality continues to rub off on new signings

Login to get fewer ads

The big question remains. Will he ? on 09:38 - Mar 29 with 2628 viewsGarv

You're right, but at the same time we can't bomb everyone out. A good number of them will still be here next season.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The big question remains. Will he ? on 09:43 - Mar 29 with 2622 viewsGuthrum

Chambers has always struck me as one of the most passionate and hardest-working players at the club. You can perhaps question his technical ability or his pace, but not his enthusiasm. This is Mr Fistpump, after all.

Moreover, he was Captain of the playoff-making team in 2014-15. That "constant part of our decline" argument only works if you ignore the start of the process under Keane and Jewell (indeed, arguably with roots going back further still, to relegation from the Prem and its aftermath). Chambers wasn't even at the club until 2012. Correlation is not causation.

That having been said - and as remarkably fit as he is - at the age of 35, Chambers' career as a high-level footballer must inevitably be drawing to a close. You don't get many go on far beyond that (goalkeepers excepted). Wouldn't be entirely surprised to see his time as an ITFC player come to an end this summer or next.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2021 9:44]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The big question remains. Will he ? on 09:44 - Mar 29 with 2612 viewspatrickswell

I genuinely think the majority of them think they know it all. The results with Matt Gill seemed to be a collaborative effort and if they could just be left to call their own shots and sort it as a collective, they would be fine.
The big question remains. Will he ? on 09:52 - Mar 29 with 2593 viewsclive_baker

Doesn't appear to be a popular opinion but I agree with this.

It's not a reflection on his efforts over the years, but he's such a big influence and part of the fabric that it's almost symbolic now, and if I were Cook I would want it to be seen as a very palpable new era of ITFC. Chambers and Skuse would both go if I had my way, I wouldn't find a role off the pitch either. I think for their sake too, they'll benefit from a fresh start in a new environment. Chambers has an enormous amount of influence, and I'm not suggesting it's not been positive, but if I were in charge I would want to start afresh.

Thanks for your efforts Chambers, he's been a good servant and I don't doubt his intentions have always been pure, but time to move him on and lets have a full and thorough rebuilt. No more old boys club, no more acceptance of mediocrity. We need to hit reset both on and off the pitch. Lets get some fresh blood in with fresh ideas.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The big question remains. Will he ? on 09:56 - Mar 29 with 2582 viewsSomethingBlue

This is an awful take. Chambers has never been a world beater and he nor is he absolved from anything — but he is an excellent captain and I'm not sure you'd find anyone, team-mates past/present or opponents, who'd dispute that.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The big question remains. Will he ? on 10:02 - Mar 29 with 2550 viewsGuthrum

People got so obsessed with Lambert that they thought the mere fact of him leaving would pretty much instantly make everything alright. It's nowhere near as simple as that.

Scraping wins against two teams on poor runs and 10-man Accrington was a chimera, not green shoots. We just managed to hit them at the right time or get the roll of the dice and hang on for victory.

But ours is a team which has been performing badly for a large chunk of the season. The fear of defeat is constantly hanging over the side. As anybody who has suffered from depression will tell you, it takes a lot more than just "snapping out of it" to overcome such a thing. This is the footballing equivalent of being depressed - a feeling that failure is inevitable, that however hard you strive, there's no point. It's as frustrating as running through waist-deep water.

However inspirational a leader Cook may be, it's going to take time for the squad to be infected by that. Especially when they're out on the pitch and the old problems have not gone away. It's going to take time for him to drill the team with the routines which allow them to act on instinct, bypassing the distracting dark thoughts. It's going to take time for Cook to assess the personnel and come up with his best strategy to win games consistently - particularly solving the goalscoring problem.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The big question remains. Will he ? on 14:20 - Mar 29 with 2396 viewsRobTheMonk

The players out of contract, we won't be getting any fees for.

Is Evans going to spend or is Cook going to have to bargain bin pick?
The big question remains. Will he ? on 14:29 - Mar 29 with 2376 viewsVaughan8

I remember reading/hearing something once from an ex-player (I can't for the life of me remember who it was) but he was basically saying a few of the players in the squad had no incentive to get their team promoted, as they knew they would just be shipped out if they did.

I'm guessing it was Championship to Premier League player. Wish I could remember who but I can't!

Unprofessional (and selfish) yes, but i'm sure a lot of it goes on.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2021 14:31]
The big question remains. Will he ? on 14:35 - Mar 29 with 2355 viewseddiespearitt03

There you have it. The question was "Will Evans do the right thing for this club" ? The club relies on what Evans does next. He has been negligent in allowing this mess to continue.

Somehow, the subject veered off to a post about Chambers. For a new beginning at this club we now have to build another squad around our younger players. We can not just carry on with this apathy and debate. Time is up for these older players.
The big question remains. Will he ? on 15:11 - Mar 29 with 2308 viewsJ2BLUE

Lack of passion? I can give you examples of why that's not true. Can you give one evidence based reason why it is true? Your gut feelings don't count.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The big question remains. Will he ? on 15:20 - Mar 29 with 2304 viewschrismakin

The big question remains. Will he ? on 15:11 - Mar 29 by J2BLUE

Lack of passion? I can give you examples of why that's not true. Can you give one evidence based reason why it is true? Your gut feelings don't count.

Various viewings of him on the pitch. Whether is following the conceding of a goal or walking towards the dressing room at HT or FT when losing/lost.

Theres something missed from him which has been lost. Theres no captains push for wanting more from the players. No moaning at other players if they fail to do their jobs. He just seems to go through the motions
A vast difference to Ward who shows hes displeasure at conceding by letting players know they've not done their Jobs.

Yes it's my opinion on how it looks. You may see it differently.

I know off the pitch hes heavily involved I.e looking g after u18s in his annex etc.

But if we are going to make changes and look to change the mindset of the side why cant that include chambers leaving..

The big question remains. Will he ? on 15:27 - Mar 29 with 2286 viewsJ2BLUE

The big question remains. Will he ? on 15:20 - Mar 29 by chrismakin

Various viewings of him on the pitch. Whether is following the conceding of a goal or walking towards the dressing room at HT or FT when losing/lost.

Theres something missed from him which has been lost. Theres no captains push for wanting more from the players. No moaning at other players if they fail to do their jobs. He just seems to go through the motions
A vast difference to Ward who shows hes displeasure at conceding by letting players know they've not done their Jobs.

I know off the pitch hes heavily involved I.e looking g after u18s in his annex etc.

But if we are going to make changes and look to change the mindset of the side why cant that include chambers leaving..

So nothing then.

Has it occurred to you that over nine years he might be as down-beaten as the rest of us?

Truly impaired.

The big question remains. Will he ? on 15:32 - Mar 29 with 2285 viewschrismakin

The big question remains. Will he ? on 15:27 - Mar 29 by J2BLUE

So nothing then.

Has it occurred to you that over nine years he might be as down-beaten as the rest of us?

As captain hes who the players should be looking upto.
When we are crp. Hes the one on that pitch with the authority to be in the faces of his team mates. If hes down beaten then it's even more important we release him as with a new manager in Cook weve seen no change to that emotional side of chambers so imo he is part of the problem.

You dont have to agree. But I don't have to follow the chambers love because hes been a good servant of the club.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2021 15:37]

The big question remains. Will he ? on 16:33 - Mar 29 with 2246 viewsLankHenners

The big question remains. Will he ? on 15:20 - Mar 29 by chrismakin

You can't have been looking very closely then as he's constantly shouting at everyone around him.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The big question remains. Will he ? on 16:34 - Mar 29 with 2236 viewsJ2BLUE

The big question remains. Will he ? on 15:32 - Mar 29 by chrismakin

As captain hes who the players should be looking upto.
When we are crp. Hes the one on that pitch with the authority to be in the faces of his team mates. If hes down beaten then it's even more important we release him as with a new manager in Cook weve seen no change to that emotional side of chambers so imo he is part of the problem.

You dont have to agree. But I don't have to follow the chambers love because hes been a good servant of the club.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2021 15:37]

I don't mean to be rude but it's become very obvious, very quickly that you come up with your stance and then look for evidence to fit that view rather than look at the evidence and think about that it means.

Truly impaired.

The big question remains. Will he ? on 16:36 - Mar 29 with 2230 viewschrismakin

The big question remains. Will he ? on 16:34 - Mar 29 by J2BLUE

I don't mean to be rude but it's become very obvious, very quickly that you come up with your stance and then look for evidence to fit that view rather than look at the evidence and think about that it means.

Yeah because I just felt like picking on Club captain for 9 years just for the sake it

what's your evidence, that he's a passionate, driven, club captain who has given everything he has to the role over the past 3 years.

The big question remains. Will he ? on 16:37 - Mar 29 with 2220 viewschrismakin

The big question remains. Will he ? on 16:33 - Mar 29 by LankHenners

You can't have been looking very closely then as he's constantly shouting at everyone around him.

Actually it's something i've kept an eye out for and i disagree with you.

52 Seconds, Ward - screaming, going mental Chambers, nothing whatsoever
1.49 ward again vocal, Chambers... meh

Go back through other games and even when goals conceded, there is 0 change in chambers mindset.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2021 16:44]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024