Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? 09:32 - Mar 29 with 3602 viewsGarv

Is it that people knew it was going to happen, or simply don't care anymore?

Surely the idea of starting him was absolutely mental?

Hamstring done, so that's him out for what, 2-3 weeks? Factor in getting him match fit again, not that he ever was, and how much are we going to see him before the season's end?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 09:34 - Mar 29 with 2982 viewsclive_baker

Depends how severe it is but I would say he'll be very lucky to be back in 2 weeks from a hamstring injury. More like 4 - 8 I would say.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 09:35 - Mar 29 with 2974 viewsSomethingBlue

Think people are just a bit numb at this stage and inured to the fact we can't have nice things.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 09:36 - Mar 29 with 2962 viewsGarv

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 09:34 - Mar 29 by clive_baker

Depends how severe it is but I would say he'll be very lucky to be back in 2 weeks from a hamstring injury. More like 4 - 8 I would say.

Well I was going to say 3-4 weeks but I didn't want to sound too negative!

Toto had the best part of 3 months out with a hammy last season.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 09:38 - Mar 29 with 2951 viewsPJH

From the outside, it seemed the chances of him getting a muscular injury of some sort by starting him in that game were very high so to that extent, we 'knew it was going to happen'.

Starting him did not seem a good idea beforehand and certainly does not seem a good idea now.
Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 09:38 - Mar 29 with 2947 viewsWallingford_Boy

Yes starting him was mental, but shows how desperate we'd become.

I think people have just lost interest a bit now, a few weeks ago there was still hope of sneaking into the play offs, but that's long gone now.

Ignore the so called easy run in and that fact we are only a few points from 6th place, the facts are those teams have a game in hand on us, far superior goal difference and..... now here is the crucial bit, they are much better than us!

RIP Sir Bobby

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 09:38 - Mar 29 with 2945 viewspatrickswell

I was tempted to bump up my “cancel his contract” post from a few weeks ago (I lead where the Cruncher follows), but the abolition of the salary cap took the wind off that.

I think what we’re all waiting for now is the confirmation that, as happened with Emyr Huws, all that time out is going to erode his game.
Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 09:39 - Mar 29 with 2924 viewsMetal_Hacker

My own personal opinion as I said last week , he shouldn't have started simple as that

As for the lack of reaction , the season as far as I am concerned is over so nothing to react on

The sooner this season finishes quite simply the better.I'm sorry but those aiming their sights on the play offs are kidding themselves

Just finish the season now , rip it up and let's start again with a squad who care as much as we do

Poll: If it were one or the other

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 09:44 - Mar 29 with 2881 viewsSeablu

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 09:36 - Mar 29 by Garv

And Hammy had the best part of 3 months out this season, due to a Lamby.
Funny old world.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2021 9:48]
Login to get fewer ads

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 09:46 - Mar 29 with 2853 viewshaynes_toe1

Seemed nonsensical to start him in the first place from Cook - hardly surprising that it's likely to cost us.
Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 09:50 - Mar 29 with 2834 viewsNthQldITFC

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 09:38 - Mar 29 by Wallingford_Boy

I think people have just lost interest a bit now, a few weeks ago there was still hope of sneaking into the play offs, but that's long gone now.

Ignore the so called easy run in and that fact we are only a few points from 6th place, the facts are those teams have a game in hand on us, far superior goal difference and..... now here is the crucial bit, they are much better than us!

I think that's right. I've lost interest, although I still think there's a chance of sneaking into the play-offs. It's the withdrawal of the chance of takeover and resetting of the club that has done me. It feels like there's a well of poison in the club that will destroy any slight flowering of hope, and that that poison won't be drained while Evans is still in charge. So I've had enough.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 09:54 - Mar 29 with 2818 viewsWallingford_Boy

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 09:50 - Mar 29 by NthQldITFC

I think that's right. I've lost interest, although I still think there's a chance of sneaking into the play-offs. It's the withdrawal of the chance of takeover and resetting of the club that has done me. It feels like there's a well of poison in the club that will destroy any slight flowering of hope, and that that poison won't be drained while Evans is still in charge. So I've had enough.

I just can't see how we can overtake those ahead of us now, we can't buy a win!

Pompey were the ones we had a chance of chasing, now Cowley is there, thats them nailed on for play offs.

Oxford have a good side, but are a bit up and down, so they may drop down, Doncaster struggling of late, so maybe they will too.... but that still leaves Lincoln and probably Hull, who are miles better than us.

RIP Sir Bobby

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 09:58 - Mar 29 with 2803 viewsmonty_radio

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 09:38 - Mar 29 by PJH

From the outside, it seemed the chances of him getting a muscular injury of some sort by starting him in that game were very high so to that extent, we 'knew it was going to happen'.

Starting him did not seem a good idea beforehand and certainly does not seem a good idea now.

Well, I don't think it's time to wheel out such phrases as desperate, but Cook has cerainly realised the limitation of his squad to be able to play his way. Talk of pacey wingers and full backs bombing on and such, as being essential components, maybe forced his hand when it came to making an impact now, rather than next season.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 09:59 - Mar 29 with 2793 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think most people were surprised he made it to half time.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 10:01 - Mar 29 with 2787 viewsRadlett_blue

KVY was injured after playing 45 minutes. This could have happened just as easily if he'd been playing one half on an U23 game. Yes, it's frustrating & a continuation of one of our best players never being fit to play. By the time he's back, the season will probably be done & dusted so save him for next pre-season.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 10:01 - Mar 29 with 2778 viewsPJH

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 09:58 - Mar 29 by monty_radio

Well, I don't think it's time to wheel out such phrases as desperate, but Cook has cerainly realised the limitation of his squad to be able to play his way. Talk of pacey wingers and full backs bombing on and such, as being essential components, maybe forced his hand when it came to making an impact now, rather than next season.

That is true but it seemed to be a risk because nobody (on the outside anyway) seems to be surprised that KVY picked up an injury.

Perhaps he saw it as a risk worth taking but I would assume that it was seen as a risk from the inside too.
Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 10:14 - Mar 29 with 2734 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yeah. Had Lambert started him in Saturday we’d be on a ten page meltdown about management incompetence.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 10:23 - Mar 29 with 2680 viewsBlueySwede

Not a lot you can say about it, is there? It´s a shame, but I thought it was a bit early to start him after such a lengthy spell out.
Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 10:29 - Mar 29 with 2649 viewsJ2BLUE

Forgive my straw clutching but this season looks over and if KVY can come back fit with a full pre season under his belt and not be tainted by any connection to the current shambles it could be a good thing.

People saying rip up his contract at this stage are really not seeing things clearly. We would have to get him fit which will be nearly the end of the season. As we're paying him anyway we might as well see if he can have a good pre season and stay injury free.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 10:31 - Mar 29 with 2637 viewsjayessess

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 10:01 - Mar 29 by Radlett_blue

KVY was injured after playing 45 minutes. This could have happened just as easily if he'd been playing one half on an U23 game. Yes, it's frustrating & a continuation of one of our best players never being fit to play. By the time he's back, the season will probably be done & dusted so save him for next pre-season.

Yeah, a lot of amateur sports science being conducted here.
Kane hasn't re-injured the same thing, so there's little reason to suppose we've not allowed him to recover properly from his previous injury. Reality is after a long time out, you're going to be susceptible to muscle injuries. A few Under 23 matches isn't a panacea (Nydam picked up a problem in his U23 appearance).

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 10:31 - Mar 29 with 2633 viewsRobTheMonk

I guess the reaction is small as it's the most unsurprising thing that happened all game.
Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 10:37 - Mar 29 with 2612 viewsMetal_Hacker

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 10:31 - Mar 29 by jayessess

Yeah, a lot of amateur sports science being conducted here.
Kane hasn't re-injured the same thing, so there's little reason to suppose we've not allowed him to recover properly from his previous injury. Reality is after a long time out, you're going to be susceptible to muscle injuries. A few Under 23 matches isn't a panacea (Nydam picked up a problem in his U23 appearance).

Perhaps the injury albeit not surprising as you say should've been picked up playing for the U23's a few more times if it were going to happen as you say

I don't think its a case of "amateur sports scientists" it's a case of "it was always going to happen" as we've seen it umpteen times

Why not run that risk outside an important competitive game ?

For me the season is over anyway and this was always going to happen on Saturday with Kane unfortunately.I think calling others "amateur sports scientists" is a little harsh when all they did and have done is state the obvious surely ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 10:41 - Mar 29 with 2601 viewscatch74

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 09:36 - Mar 29 by Garv

‘didn’t want to sound too negative’

Cheered me up with the Toto info.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 10:43 - Mar 29 with 2595 viewsBelsteadCav

I said he’d be injured by half time, and I got moaned at for being negative 🤷🏼‍♂️

Great player, but clearly got fitness issues.

Who knows if he’ll actually play a full game for us

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 10:57 - Mar 29 with 2543 viewsgordon

Was utterly insane to start him given how long he's been out for, should've been 4 / 5 sub appearances before a start.

Made a muscular injury pretty much inevitable
Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 11:10 - Mar 29 with 2455 viewsTractorWood

Is it just me or has the reaction to KVY been rather small? on 09:38 - Mar 29 by Wallingford_Boy

Our inability to put together a half of passable performance is the biggest concern.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024