Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One bit of play on Saturday..... 14:12 - Mar 29 with 3472 viewsHerbivore

......really summed us up to a tee. It was in the first half, we'd actually worked ourselves into a decent position on the left and Wigan looked a bit disorganised with space for us to exploit. The ball got squared to Edwards in space, who got a shout from Judge coming in behind him to leave it. Edwards left it, Judge didn't have the legs to get to the ball, and it went straight to a Wigan player for them to counter.

Peak ITFC in 2021.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

One bit of play on Saturday..... on 14:16 - Mar 29 with 3423 viewshype313

Last check of my watch at 14.15 today, Judge is still running to get the ball.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

One bit of play on Saturday..... on 14:21 - Mar 29 with 3393 viewsMetal_Hacker

The worst for me and this isn't a slight on the individual but when AD was pulling his socks up in the second half when a player ran past him . Sums us up completely

That said ...... there'd be numerous occasions this season that we've all forgotten about. Really cannot wait for this one to finish - we really need this to end sooner rather than later for the good of our mental health if nothing else
[Post edited 29 Mar 2021 14:25]

Poll: If it were one or the other

One bit of play on Saturday..... on 14:21 - Mar 29 with 3383 viewschrismakin

One bit of play on Saturday..... on 14:16 - Mar 29 by hype313

Last check of my watch at 14.15 today, Judge is still running to get the ball.

Rumour has it Edwards is still in Wigan trying to get a dangerous cross into the box

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

One bit of play on Saturday..... on 14:29 - Mar 29 with 3355 viewsitfcjoe

Judge, Edwards and Sears are just the hub of creativity required in that 3 - just look at their stats over recent seasons.....when you see them 3 on the teamsheet your heart does sink a bit

I'd go with 3 (in no particular order) from Lankester, Bennetts, Bishop, Parrott and Dobra for the remainder of the season in those roles

Yes, Bishop aside, it is a little light on experience - but, Bennetts aside, there is a lot more bravery on the final ball there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

One bit of play on Saturday..... on 14:38 - Mar 29 with 3294 viewsHerbivore

One bit of play on Saturday..... on 14:29 - Mar 29 by itfcjoe

Judge, Edwards and Sears are just the hub of creativity required in that 3 - just look at their stats over recent seasons.....when you see them 3 on the teamsheet your heart does sink a bit

I'd go with 3 (in no particular order) from Lankester, Bennetts, Bishop, Parrott and Dobra for the remainder of the season in those roles

Yes, Bishop aside, it is a little light on experience - but, Bennetts aside, there is a lot more bravery on the final ball there

I can't see much harm in giving Dobra a run for sure, although he ultimately didn't create much he offered mroe on the ball in 10 minutes than Sears, Judge and Edwards offered in their entire time on the pitch. I also like the idea of Bishop playing higher up the pitch. He's wasted sitting in a two as passing from deep isn't his strong point and when he's picking up the ball with not much behind him it's too high risk for him to try and go past people. There's a good case for getting minutes into Lankester as well.

Bennetts I struggle with. He looks to make things happen but I've never seen a player run the ball out of play more than he does. Parrott for me looks like a number 9 playing out of position whenever I've seen him. I'd like to see him given a go up front as he's got a decent enough touch and his movement looks good as well. Start him when Norwood needs a rest or bring him on for half an hour if we need to change things.

One bit of play on Saturday..... on 14:40 - Mar 29 with 3282 viewsPJH

I would think and hope that Dobra would get a fair amount of first team game time in the next few games-if he does not get injured today of course.

Lankester has not yet shown much since coming back from injury but there still has to be hope that he can get back to what he looked like he was going to be.

The fact that Bishop has got through a lot of games without any major setbacks injury wise is good but he can no longer be seen as potentially being good, it is almost now or never for him. He, along with Dobra, looks to be the best that we have with the ball at his feet I think.
One bit of play on Saturday..... on 15:08 - Mar 29 with 3200 viewsRyorry

One bit of play on Saturday..... on 14:21 - Mar 29 by chrismakin

Rumour has it Edwards is still in Wigan trying to get a dangerous cross into the box

It's not actually Easter yet, tbf.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

One bit of play on Saturday..... on 15:09 - Mar 29 with 3204 viewsSomethingBlue

Dobra has to start on Friday. Kid got a massive crack on the shoulder straight after coming on, picked himself up and in the next five minutes offered more than any of the other three did in the entire game. That's what we need.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

One bit of play on Saturday..... on 15:20 - Mar 29 with 3157 viewsclive_baker

Parrott wasn't available on Saturday otherwise I presume he would've started. Was Bennetts injured? Either way, he's looked pony. I like Lankester and gets a bit more leeway given he's at least our own player, be he has been properly dog sh1t.

Agree on Dobra though, chuck him in I say. If nothing else at least he'll benefit from the experience for next season. Bishop in the #10 behind Norwood and Dobra one side perhaps brings a little bit of unpredictability.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

One bit of play on Saturday..... on 15:22 - Mar 29 with 3146 viewstractorboy1978

Throw ins sum us up to a tee too. No rush to take them, the taker ambles up and then when he does come to throw in nobody moves and they are waiting for someone else to take the risk/responsibility.
One bit of play on Saturday..... on 15:27 - Mar 29 with 3115 viewsitfcjoe

One bit of play on Saturday..... on 15:20 - Mar 29 by clive_baker

Parrott wasn't available on Saturday otherwise I presume he would've started. Was Bennetts injured? Either way, he's looked pony. I like Lankester and gets a bit more leeway given he's at least our own player, be he has been properly dog sh1t.

Agree on Dobra though, chuck him in I say. If nothing else at least he'll benefit from the experience for next season. Bishop in the #10 behind Norwood and Dobra one side perhaps brings a little bit of unpredictability.

Parrott - agree on that - we've told Spurs we'll play him centrally which may not work with Bishop....

Bennetts - not a massive fan, but he gets us up the pitch, and Cook needs to just get him shooting when it opens up, think there is something there but he certainly didn't grab chance

Lankester - not got a bad record this year for goals and assist compared to the rest, whilst not having a run and playing deeper roles. He's not been at it, but think he at least has some X-Factor to make something happen and is contrcted for next season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

One bit of play on Saturday..... on 15:48 - Mar 29 with 3037 viewsIllinoisblue

One bit of play on Saturday..... on 15:22 - Mar 29 by tractorboy1978

Throw ins sum us up to a tee too. No rush to take them, the taker ambles up and then when he does come to throw in nobody moves and they are waiting for someone else to take the risk/responsibility.

There was one in the first half were we took 15 seconds to take the throw in. Nobody moving for the ball at all.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

One bit of play on Saturday..... on 15:50 - Mar 29 with 3024 viewschrismakin

One bit of play on Saturday..... on 15:48 - Mar 29 by Illinoisblue

There was one in the first half were we took 15 seconds to take the throw in. Nobody moving for the ball at all.

Even on 96 minutes.. throw in left hand side. 20 seconds before throwing the ball and then final whistle.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

One bit of play on Saturday..... on 15:58 - Mar 29 with 2986 viewsRadlett_blue

One bit of play on Saturday..... on 14:38 - Mar 29 by Herbivore

I can't see much harm in giving Dobra a run for sure, although he ultimately didn't create much he offered mroe on the ball in 10 minutes than Sears, Judge and Edwards offered in their entire time on the pitch. I also like the idea of Bishop playing higher up the pitch. He's wasted sitting in a two as passing from deep isn't his strong point and when he's picking up the ball with not much behind him it's too high risk for him to try and go past people. There's a good case for getting minutes into Lankester as well.

Bennetts I struggle with. He looks to make things happen but I've never seen a player run the ball out of play more than he does. Parrott for me looks like a number 9 playing out of position whenever I've seen him. I'd like to see him given a go up front as he's got a decent enough touch and his movement looks good as well. Start him when Norwood needs a rest or bring him on for half an hour if we need to change things.

The way we're going, I see little point in playing any of the loan players. Cook should be assessing the fringe players & giving the promising younger players like Dobra & Lankester experience.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

One bit of play on Saturday..... on 15:59 - Mar 29 with 2985 viewsFixed_It

One bit of play on Saturday..... on 15:48 - Mar 29 by Illinoisblue

Or the one where Ward (eventually) throws to Judge who misplaces the pass back straight out for a throw-in to them. Kind of summed the afternoon up.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

One bit of play on Saturday..... on 16:02 - Mar 29 with 2974 viewstractorboy1978

One bit of play on Saturday..... on 15:59 - Mar 29 by Fixed_It

Or the one where Ward (eventually) throws to Judge who misplaces the pass back straight out for a throw-in to them. Kind of summed the afternoon up.

Stuart Ainsley was getting wound up on RS at us not being able to do 'the basics'.
One bit of play on Saturday..... on 16:31 - Mar 29 with 2899 viewsHerbivore

One bit of play on Saturday..... on 15:58 - Mar 29 by Radlett_blue

The way we're going, I see little point in playing any of the loan players. Cook should be assessing the fringe players & giving the promising younger players like Dobra & Lankester experience.

I'd have no issue with that.

One bit of play on Saturday..... on 16:59 - Mar 29 with 2831 viewsIllinoisblue

One bit of play on Saturday..... on 15:59 - Mar 29 by Fixed_It

Someone should gif that. A souvenir of a properly sheeite season. We could still get in the playoffs apparently. Spoiler alert: we won’t.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024