Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup Semi finals to pilot return of large crowds 17:42 - Mar 29 with 821 viewsBasuco

Is this a good idea? With Wembley a nightmare to get to and from and always packed stations and trains, this could turn out to be a covid super spreader event.
FA Cup Semi finals to pilot return of large crowds on 18:14 - Mar 29 with 763 viewsPJH

BBC site seems to be saying only one of the semi finals and then with only 4000 so, if that is correct, not a particularly large crowd.

It also says maybe 8000 at the Carabao Cup Final and possibly 20000 at the F.A. Cup Final
FA Cup Semi finals to pilot return of large crowds on 18:19 - Mar 29 with 753 viewsbluelagos

I think a pilot is better than simply allowing football to do whatever. Learn the lessons of how to make it as CV secure as possible.

And Wembley would have more transport links that any other stadium I can think of - and huge car parks too.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

FA Cup Semi finals to pilot return of large crowds on 18:34 - Mar 29 with 735 viewsRadlett_blue

FA Cup Semi finals to pilot return of large crowds on 18:19 - Mar 29 by bluelagos

I think a pilot is better than simply allowing football to do whatever. Learn the lessons of how to make it as CV secure as possible.

And Wembley would have more transport links that any other stadium I can think of - and huge car parks too.

the problem with large crowds is going to be the getting there, the queuing, the toilets etc. I don't think fans will be keen on arriving at pre-arranged times & everyone will want to leave at the end. Got to start somewhere, I suppose. UEFA seem to be trying to press ahead with a 24 team Euros over 12 cities, which seems criminally stupid.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

FA Cup Semi finals to pilot return of large crowds on 18:46 - Mar 29 with 718 viewsbluelagos

FA Cup Semi finals to pilot return of large crowds on 18:34 - Mar 29 by Radlett_blue

the problem with large crowds is going to be the getting there, the queuing, the toilets etc. I don't think fans will be keen on arriving at pre-arranged times & everyone will want to leave at the end. Got to start somewhere, I suppose. UEFA seem to be trying to press ahead with a 24 team Euros over 12 cities, which seems criminally stupid.

I just can't see Euro 2020(21) happening with crowds. Definitely not crowds from different countries.

Uefa seem to be in denial of what is staring them in the face...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

FA Cup Semi finals to pilot return of large crowds on 20:47 - Mar 29 with 620 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It's going to be at about 5% of capacity.

I don't think it's going to be a super spreader event.

Having a pilot event is sensible.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

FA Cup Semi finals to pilot return of large crowds on 23:51 - Mar 29 with 519 viewsvapour_trail

FA Cup Semi finals to pilot return of large crowds on 18:14 - Mar 29 by PJH

BBC site seems to be saying only one of the semi finals and then with only 4000 so, if that is correct, not a particularly large crowd.

It also says maybe 8000 at the Carabao Cup Final and possibly 20000 at the F.A. Cup Final

Hope it’s the Southampton Leicester one that gets the fans in. City and Chelsea are there nearly every year.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

FA Cup Semi finals to pilot return of large crowds on 23:59 - Mar 29 with 511 viewsITFCBlues

FA Cup Semi finals to pilot return of large crowds on 20:47 - Mar 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

It's going to be at about 5% of capacity.

I don't think it's going to be a super spreader event.

Having a pilot event is sensible.

If we can't get 4 to 8k into Wembley then why are we bothering with the vaccines?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024