Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An email to Marcus for what good it will do 18:34 - Mar 29 with 685 viewsmanningtreeblue

Dear Marcus
I write to you as a supporter of 45 years, hoping that you will do the right thing and accept the US Consortium takeover bid by Brett Johnson's consortium

It appeared to have had grown good legs a few weeks ago but the rumours now are that you are holding out for more / holding out in the forlorn chance that promotion may be achieved after all. This league is woefully poor and despite continually poor results and performances, due to other results, yes there is that chance but realistically when you look at this squad which is strong in numbers and under performers, were we to make the play offs, there is little chance of succeeding. Say that we do and made it to the Championship & you have lost the takeover, look at all the out of contract players, how will you finance a squad to have any hope at all of survival, let alone challenging. I would say none.You could spend a lot more than £10 million to end up back in Div 1

Simple mathematics on the miracle happening, I would say will be your £10 million a year would need to rise substantially and I would be amazed if a team underfunded and expected to struggle in Championship would earn you a better deal than what is reported to be on the table now for a takeover

Fans appreciate, generally, you had every ambition in first couple of seasons of ownership but as years go on, the financial input has failed to stay competitive both in the squad and the general running of the club. Just look at Portman Rd now to years gone by - it is an embarrassment

If you genuinely care about the club and its supporters, please sell now as I believe the consortium that is reported to be a long way down the road can really give us a club we can be proud of again

Even in Division 1 you cannot just invest enough to tread water as we are gradually sinking as can be seen after just two years in this awful league as others investing either a bit more or a bit more intelligently are overtaking us. Just look at the teams above and around us

If you were to do the decent thing now, fans would respect you for what you have attempted & not see it as failure but at least saving us from administration and by selling, give the club the best possible chance

If you don't, even with Paul Cook I can only see more failure whether in Championship (unlikely) or Division 1 and fans will only get more and more resentful at failure whilst you spend more money

Should you read this, many thanks for what you have tried to do on our behalf and for reading this email
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024