Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This summer won't (and doesn't need to be) a bloodbath 22:54 - Mar 29 with 3092 viewsLowie

Lots of talk on here about Cook ripping the squad apart come the Summer.

Whilst some players will (correctly) be shown the door, I think the overwhelming majority of these will be squad playerss - I honestly don't think the starting XI will be much different come the start of next season. They have been poorly coached, they are not bad players.

For my money, if we're still in League 1, we'll need 3 new signings to join the first XI

NEW

KVY. Nsiala Wilson. NEW

Downes Dozzell

NEW Bishop Dobra

Norwood

If we get promoted, we'll also need a centre back .
[Post edited 29 Mar 2021 22:58]
This summer won't (and doesn't need to be) a bloodbath on 22:56 - Mar 29 with 3059 viewsJ2BLUE

I'll be seriously disappointed if that's the team next season.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This summer won't (and doesn't need to be) a bloodbath on 23:11 - Mar 29 with 3007 viewsN2_Blue

Jeeze...if that's the team next year we can forget challenging the top 6 again.

No way will Cook have that bunch of wasters as his 1st team. These players have proved they don't care, don't have bottle, don't have motivation, are weak...(with the exception of Dobra who has not yet had a chance).

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

This summer won't (and doesn't need to be) a bloodbath on 23:28 - Mar 29 with 2955 viewsjeera

That reads as an optimistic:

KVY fit. Which would be great.
Nsiala still doesn't cut it.
Wilson not sharp enough.
NEW sounds ok.
Downes if his head is straight, which it won't be.
Dozzel if used to his efficiency.
NEW sounds great.
Bishop fine if fit.
Dobra might be useful.
Norwood if he stops being Norwood.

Someone posted a few days back how Cook has made a clearout of 24 players at previous clubs and brought in place just a handful.

That approach, no nonsense, is what has to be done.

It's unfortunate and could be considered a gamble, but we've got nothing else left.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This summer won't (and doesn't need to be) a bloodbath on 23:49 - Mar 29 with 2909 viewsIllinoisblue

The evidence of the last two or three years would suggest it’s not just bad coaching that’s the problem. It’s an injury-prone, unfit squad who are nowhere near as good as they think they are.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

This summer won't (and doesn't need to be) a bloodbath on 01:06 - Mar 30 with 2842 viewsketton_itfc

The spine of the team needs defining. There's 5/6 players. Pacy LB + winger = 7/8 players + 2 squad = 10 new player to supplement what's left. Bare minimum.

Is that verging a bloodbath. I hope so. The team have underperformed and we've settled for absolute garbage for several years. Time to shake it up.
This summer won't (and doesn't need to be) a bloodbath on 01:29 - Mar 30 with 2830 viewsCoastalblue

This summer won't (and doesn't need to be) a bloodbath on 23:28 - Mar 29 by jeera

That reads as an optimistic:

KVY fit. Which would be great.
Nsiala still doesn't cut it.
Wilson not sharp enough.
NEW sounds ok.
Downes if his head is straight, which it won't be.
Dozzel if used to his efficiency.
NEW sounds great.
Bishop fine if fit.
Dobra might be useful.
Norwood if he stops being Norwood.

Someone posted a few days back how Cook has made a clearout of 24 players at previous clubs and brought in place just a handful.

That approach, no nonsense, is what has to be done.

It's unfortunate and could be considered a gamble, but we've got nothing else left.

I think I agree with every word of that, which is useful as it saves me thinking up a reply, also worries me that I agree with you too often ;)

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

This summer won't (and doesn't need to be) a bloodbath on 09:47 - Mar 30 with 2457 viewschicoazul

We should stick with the current bunch of failures, yes.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

This summer won't (and doesn't need to be) a bloodbath on 09:48 - Mar 30 with 2451 viewsMetal_Hacker

Definition of insanity ........

Poll: If it were one or the other

Login to get fewer ads

This summer won't (and doesn't need to be) a bloodbath on 09:49 - Mar 30 with 2452 viewsKieran_Knows

Give over.

GK
RB Woolfenden CB LB
Downes Dozzell
Lankester CAM LW
Norwood

I only say RB because we all know KVY'S injuries.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

This summer won't (and doesn't need to be) a bloodbath on 09:51 - Mar 30 with 2441 viewsmonty_radio

Where are the wide-men in that - Dobra prefers 10. New sounds promising, but I'm reliably informed that he can be somewhat of an unknown quantity.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

This summer won't (and doesn't need to be) a bloodbath on 09:53 - Mar 30 with 2436 viewsSomethingBlue

Downes, Dozzell and Dobra — if they'd want to stay — can remain, out of those guys. KVY too if he can prove fit & durable. Bishop if there is a role we can find for him. The others, whether in your team here or in the wider squad? Not an earthly.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

This summer won't (and doesn't need to be) a bloodbath on 10:12 - Mar 30 with 2396 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Well according to the majority we had the best squad in the league - it was just the manager who was the problem before. So surely based on that logic alone Cook has a good enough squad to get promoted with and if he can't maybe like Lambert he is not a very good manager.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

This summer won't (and doesn't need to be) a bloodbath on 10:13 - Mar 30 with 2393 viewstractorboy1978

This summer won't (and doesn't need to be) a bloodbath on 10:12 - Mar 30 by BlueWorldOrder

Well according to the majority we had the best squad in the league - it was just the manager who was the problem before. So surely based on that logic alone Cook has a good enough squad to get promoted with and if he can't maybe like Lambert he is not a very good manager.

You're right, 3 league titles and two play off finishes in 7 seasons. He's proper rubbish.
This summer won't (and doesn't need to be) a bloodbath on 10:14 - Mar 30 with 2386 viewsMetal_Hacker

This summer won't (and doesn't need to be) a bloodbath on 10:12 - Mar 30 by BlueWorldOrder

Kermit or Miss Piggy ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

This summer won't (and doesn't need to be) a bloodbath on 12:26 - Mar 30 with 2314 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think Cook rates Nolan, and Nolan will be a regular.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

This summer won't (and doesn't need to be) a bloodbath on 12:50 - Mar 30 with 2280 viewshadleighboyblue

This summer won't (and doesn't need to be) a bloodbath on 23:49 - Mar 29 by Illinoisblue

The evidence of the last two or three years would suggest it’s not just bad coaching that’s the problem. It’s an injury-prone, unfit squad who are nowhere near as good as they think they are.

Agreed .

It's players attitude that is a major problem , no fighters and no leadership on the pitch .

Get in a seasoned pro in midfield as skipper . we are too soft

If current players are not willing to fight , whoever they are , they are no use to us .

PC quite rightly will suss out the wasters
This summer won't (and doesn't need to be) a bloodbath on 16:26 - Mar 30 with 2106 viewsjonbull88

The team needed clearing out when we got relegated!! They had the mentality of being down in the October, I don’t think that’s changed since.
This summer won't (and doesn't need to be) a bloodbath on 16:42 - Mar 30 with 2060 viewsMrTown

This summer will (and does need to be) a bloodbath.

Too many here just in a comfort zone going through the motions.

Paul Cook will not accept that and will change that.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

This summer won't (and doesn't need to be) a bloodbath on 17:00 - Mar 30 with 2035 viewscarlisleaway

In no way should Dozzel and Bishop be playing together, need someone with experience and a bit of bottle. Hopefully there is someone available in there mid 20s. Time our scouting system, if there is one, started to look around for possible players to fit Cooks remit .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024