Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? 07:45 - Mar 31 with 3653 viewsSteve_M

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/our-biblical-duty-to-challenge-lockdown/

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 07:49 - Mar 31 with 2164 viewsCoastalblue

How did you find that? I thought it was a parody piece to start with.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 07:56 - Mar 31 with 2141 viewsfooters

The author has some very, erm, interesting views... on immigration, racism, the NHS and science. Not sure if he's been reading the bible in the same spirit I did.

Blimey.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 08:00 - Mar 31 with 2119 viewsEddyJ

I particularly like that the author is incredulous at the idea of the state interfering with individual's health:

"Instead society has embraced the idea, which is bordering on the idolatrous, that the State is responsible for each individual’s health. "

Yet later in the article calls out the state for not providing as much heart and cancer treatment:

"The Christian position must be that those with heart and cancer issues are equally worthy of rapid care and treatment. "

The most scary thing about this article is the .co.uk on the end.
Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 08:09 - Mar 31 with 2101 viewsPlums

Just saw this linked on Twitter. It’s written by a man, clearly read, or at least commented on by a majority of men and is barking mad! However I now understand lockdown from the perspective of (some) Christians and that’s improved my day.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 08:09 - Mar 31 with 2100 viewsfactual_blue

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 07:56 - Mar 31 by footers

The author has some very, erm, interesting views... on immigration, racism, the NHS and science. Not sure if he's been reading the bible in the same spirit I did.

Blimey.

He's clearly gone a bit dotty since his playing days with Arsenal in the '60s and '70s. Probably heading all those heavy leathery balls.

And now that's what he talks.

More here if you're stuck for a bit of light listening.

https://soundcloud.com/penn-free-methodists

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 08:11 - Mar 31 with 2100 viewsDanTheMan

WE launched The Conservative Woman in 2014 as a counter-cultural offensive against the forces of Leftism, feminism and modernism — against the left-liberal cultural zeitgeist, to counter its anti-family, authoritarian identity politics and ‘equality and diversity’ ideology which had swept through the country’s institutions.

And of course the article is written by a bloke.

Anyway, that is absolutely wild reading of the Bible to justify their views.

EDIT: Looked up the guy, he's one of those mentalist street preachers.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2021 8:13]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 08:19 - Mar 31 with 2084 viewsbluelagos

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 08:11 - Mar 31 by DanTheMan

WE launched The Conservative Woman in 2014 as a counter-cultural offensive against the forces of Leftism, feminism and modernism — against the left-liberal cultural zeitgeist, to counter its anti-family, authoritarian identity politics and ‘equality and diversity’ ideology which had swept through the country’s institutions.

And of course the article is written by a bloke.

Anyway, that is absolutely wild reading of the Bible to justify their views.

EDIT: Looked up the guy, he's one of those mentalist street preachers.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2021 8:13]

"EDIT: Looked up the guy, he's one of those mentalist street preachers. "

So fair to say he's at least following a CV secure way of being a mentalist :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 08:23 - Mar 31 with 2058 viewsDanTheMan

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 08:19 - Mar 31 by bluelagos

"EDIT: Looked up the guy, he's one of those mentalist street preachers. "

So fair to say he's at least following a CV secure way of being a mentalist :-)

I guess that is something, even if he does think God essentially brought the plague about because... checks notes ah yes, because we're "rebellious".

Login to get fewer ads

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 08:30 - Mar 31 with 2028 viewsbluelagos

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 08:23 - Mar 31 by DanTheMan

I guess that is something, even if he does think God essentially brought the plague about because... checks notes ah yes, because we're "rebellious".

The fatalist aspect of religion is genuinely harmful imho. Many Nigerians (Incredibly religous) were also very fatalist. "It is God's will" was heard many times and all too often used an excuse to accept rather than challenge things.

In contrast to the South American attitude of many christians who are extremely vocal and volatile in challenging those in power.

Give me the South American stance any day.

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 08:32 - Mar 31 with 2025 viewsfooters

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 08:09 - Mar 31 by factual_blue

He's clearly gone a bit dotty since his playing days with Arsenal in the '60s and '70s. Probably heading all those heavy leathery balls.

And now that's what he talks.

More here if you're stuck for a bit of light listening.

https://soundcloud.com/penn-free-methodists

I'd rather not hear from those Godless protestants, to be honest. They think they can go against God's chosen representative on Earth, ffs.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2021 8:33]

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 08:46 - Mar 31 with 2001 viewsDanTheMan

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 08:30 - Mar 31 by bluelagos

The fatalist aspect of religion is genuinely harmful imho. Many Nigerians (Incredibly religous) were also very fatalist. "It is God's will" was heard many times and all too often used an excuse to accept rather than challenge things.

In contrast to the South American attitude of many christians who are extremely vocal and volatile in challenging those in power.

That does sound bad. I'm always just perplexed by these sorts of things because there is very little in the Bible that would sway you to be the way of just thinking "everything is God's will so don't bother trying to enforce change".

But then, in my experience, not many Christians have read the Bible outside a few hand selected verses. And even then they don't appear to really follow through on the morals those stories are supposed to encourage.

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 08:57 - Mar 31 with 1983 viewsbluelagos

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 08:46 - Mar 31 by DanTheMan

That does sound bad. I'm always just perplexed by these sorts of things because there is very little in the Bible that would sway you to be the way of just thinking "everything is God's will so don't bother trying to enforce change".

But then, in my experience, not many Christians have read the Bible outside a few hand selected verses. And even then they don't appear to really follow through on the morals those stories are supposed to encourage.

I was given some "cultural awareness" type training after couple of years in Lagos (Not cos I'd done anything bad, rather it was a company wide thing brought in) and there were a few aspects to Nigerian culture that are quite distinct to a British one.

Fatalism was one, another very strong difference was the importance of hierarchy in Nigeria vs meritocracy in the UK. The software also assessed you as an individual and I came out as a very meritocratic and very informal individual (it assessed you vs where you lived) and my ideal match would be Australia or Canada according to the software.

Was quite eye opening, understanding and reflecting on your own values and comparing them to wider societies'. I am defo not one for authority, guess that comes as a surprise to no one!

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 08:58 - Mar 31 with 1978 viewsBluefish

If we are agreeing that St Paul was a real person what authority does he have in a modern world or in fact what authority did he have ever? The word of a made up man?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 09:05 - Mar 31 with 1954 viewslowhouseblue

that's nowhere near the maddest article about COVID on that site. try this one:

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/lockdown-the-big-lie-that-will-never-end/

it gets madder the further you go with it.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 09:09 - Mar 31 with 1948 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mad as a bucket of frogs

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 09:10 - Mar 31 with 1951 viewsSteve_M

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 09:05 - Mar 31 by lowhouseblue

that's nowhere near the maddest article about COVID on that site. try this one:

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/lockdown-the-big-lie-that-will-never-end/

it gets madder the further you go with it.

I see:

"One objective of the social control measures, not excluding the deployment of the corporation-funded militia BLM last summer, appears to be to infantilise and tyrannise the population as a preliminary step towards centralising global political-corporate control."

And then at the end this:

"If you appreciated this article, perhaps you might consider making a donation to The Conservative Woman"

Well.....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 09:16 - Mar 31 with 1935 viewsfooters

This has been a hilarious but troubling read this morning!

"After the death of Captain Sir Tom Moore from pneumonia this week, calls have already been made to erect a statue of him in Trafalgar Square in recognition of his Stakhanovite efforts raising money for the national medical death cult."

Didn't realise this brand of mentalism was so prevalent over here. Bunch of bloody loons.

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 09:17 - Mar 31 with 1931 viewsGuthrum

Theologically dubious - mainstream Christianity does not preach that humans have no agency in solving the world's problems, indeed the Bible is full of examples of God telling people to do things to sort out situations.

Many of his points are spurious - lockdown in the 21st century does not prevent preachers doing their work. Most are continuing to do so over the internet, or via telephone in the minority of cases where people are not online. 2 Thess 3:10 relates to not working when it is available, not to situations where it is impossible. He's stretching the point of 1 Tim 5:21 out of context, it relates to the passage above about treating all kinds of people fairly, not all ailments equally. The 'living out a falsehood' point is just desperate.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 09:20 - Mar 31 with 1918 viewsfooters

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 09:17 - Mar 31 by Guthrum

Theologically dubious - mainstream Christianity does not preach that humans have no agency in solving the world's problems, indeed the Bible is full of examples of God telling people to do things to sort out situations.

Many of his points are spurious - lockdown in the 21st century does not prevent preachers doing their work. Most are continuing to do so over the internet, or via telephone in the minority of cases where people are not online. 2 Thess 3:10 relates to not working when it is available, not to situations where it is impossible. He's stretching the point of 1 Tim 5:21 out of context, it relates to the passage above about treating all kinds of people fairly, not all ailments equally. The 'living out a falsehood' point is just desperate.

His article on preaching at London Pride was quite something! Apparently he's not a fan of the old budgie smugglers :)

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 09:33 - Mar 31 with 1890 viewscinnamonITFC

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 08:58 - Mar 31 by Bluefish

If we are agreeing that St Paul was a real person what authority does he have in a modern world or in fact what authority did he have ever? The word of a made up man?

What?
Who credible denies that Paul (Or Jesus for that matter) existed?
What a strange comment.
Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 09:36 - Mar 31 with 1878 viewsGuthrum

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 09:20 - Mar 31 by footers

His article on preaching at London Pride was quite something! Apparently he's not a fan of the old budgie smugglers :)

Not sure I want to read any more of his preaching!

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 09:41 - Mar 31 with 1848 viewsEdwardStone

My feeling about the Religious Right is that they are neither
Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 09:42 - Mar 31 with 1839 viewsKeno

oh good grief!!!

all we need now is a Pastor Simpson 'comedy' log in and it could be a long day

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 09:48 - Mar 31 with 1808 viewsGuthrum

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 08:30 - Mar 31 by bluelagos

With the case of Nigeria, possibly the influence of Islamic culture which - in popular terms, at least - has a high degree of fatalism? Friend of mine worked in Egypt for a bit and said one of the reasons they drive so wildly (and often without seatbelts) is the belief that it's entirely down to the will of God whether they get there in one piece or not, irrespective of anything they are doing.

Whereas in Latin America - the home of Liberation Theology - churches have often been at the forefront of the fight against oppressive regimes.

Would you like to read about why the lockdown is a crime against God? on 09:51 - Mar 31 with 1804 viewsartsbossbeard

Scroll further through for a better article on why it's your Christian duty to turn away illegal immigrants.

It's a mind-blower..

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024