Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures 11:46 - Mar 31 with 3215 viewsPique

With the motivational messages everywhere, ‘This is our time’ etc.

It might be a bit cheesy, but it shows how you succeed by setting the highest standards everywhere all the time.

I’ve never been to our training ground, but I’m assuming we don’t have anything similar...
Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 11:48 - Mar 31 with 2418 viewshype313

Think there is a big mural of Des'ree's quote "Money don't make my world go round, I'm reaching out to a higher ground."

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 11:48 - Mar 31 with 2423 viewsKeno

My favourite one of those was one place I worked there as a 'There is no I in TEAM' poster"

Someone circled the 'A" and wrote 'on yes there is'

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 11:48 - Mar 31 with 2411 viewsStokieBlue

We have a burnt bit from the 2021 Great Fire of Ipswich.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 11:49 - Mar 31 with 2419 viewsGarv

I might be wrong but I think Hurst brought in a bit of that, then Lambert had a big thing about there being no club branding around the place, so it must be a bit better.

The image I have of our training ground in general though is run down.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 11:51 - Mar 31 with 2398 viewshype313

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 11:48 - Mar 31 by Keno

My favourite one of those was one place I worked there as a 'There is no I in TEAM' poster"

I remember being in a meeting once and one of the bosses said "there's no I in Team" Someone then shouted "No, but there's a U in C**T"

He was swiftly off sited whilst the rest of us tried to contain our giggles.

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 11:54 - Mar 31 with 2373 viewsPique

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 11:49 - Mar 31 by Garv

I might be wrong but I think Hurst brought in a bit of that, then Lambert had a big thing about there being no club branding around the place, so it must be a bit better.

Yes, I think Hurst chiselled some cash out of a grudging Evans to do a bit of that.

Seem to remember Burley was a fan of the motivational message too - there’s an interview with John McGreal in the EADT today where he says that standards in training were unbelievably high.

It’s a small point, but I think generally in life if you set high standards in the smaller things you achieve them in the bigger things. Evans death by a thousand cuts approach translates to the pitch on a Saturday afternoon in hundreds of ways that it’s not always easy to see.
Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 11:56 - Mar 31 with 2359 viewsEwan_Oozami

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 11:48 - Mar 31 by Keno

But there is "ME"........

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 11:56 - Mar 31 with 2355 viewsfooters

"So you've settled for Ipswich" would be apt.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 12:05 - Mar 31 with 2317 viewsKeno

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 11:56 - Mar 31 by Ewan_Oozami

or as the boss at the same said 'there not be an I, but there is TEA so go and make ME one

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 12:07 - Mar 31 with 2304 viewshype313

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 11:56 - Mar 31 by Ewan_Oozami

That's what most of the players have got

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 12:09 - Mar 31 with 2291 viewsPique

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 11:48 - Mar 31 by hype313

Think there is a big mural of Des'ree's quote "Money don't make my world go round, I'm reaching out to a higher ground."

‘Why do you want to play for Ipswich Town? Shoot’.
Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 12:10 - Mar 31 with 2280 viewsfooters

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 12:09 - Mar 31 by Pique

The words 'shoot' and 'Ipswich Town' are very rarely used in the same sentence...

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 12:11 - Mar 31 with 2279 viewshype313

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 12:09 - Mar 31 by Pique

"I've heard that it's a chilled out kinda vibe"

Jokes aside, it actually has been a retirement fund with no accountability or pressure over the Evans years.

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 12:18 - Mar 31 with 2223 viewsPique

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 12:10 - Mar 31 by footers

The words 'shoot' and 'Ipswich Town' are very rarely used in the same sentence...

Come on, we get into the opposition box four, maybe five times a game.

Unbelievable. Can’t ask for any more...
Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 12:21 - Mar 31 with 2212 viewsPique

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 12:11 - Mar 31 by hype313

"I've heard that it's a chilled out kinda vibe"

Jokes aside, it actually has been a retirement fund with no accountability or pressure over the Evans years.

I was saying this to someone the other day - it must be a nice number for a professional footballer. Nice area, good for the kids, not a huge amount of pressure, reasonably low expectations, fan base generally doesn’t kick up much of a fuss.

If it hadn’t been for Sir Alf and Sir Bobby, we’d basically be Swindon Town.
Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 12:24 - Mar 31 with 2191 viewshype313

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 12:21 - Mar 31 by Pique

I was saying this to someone the other day - it must be a nice number for a professional footballer. Nice area, good for the kids, not a huge amount of pressure, reasonably low expectations, fan base generally doesn’t kick up much of a fuss.

If it hadn’t been for Sir Alf and Sir Bobby, we’d basically be Swindon Town.

Bless Chambers, he has tried to gee up the teams over the years, unfortualey the rest just seem to think "I'll take a nice little drive down to Playford road, get a nice wage, have a kick about for a few hours then hit the beach, the owner is invisible and the fans clap relegation, what's not to like!"
[Post edited 31 Mar 2021 12:31]

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 12:24 - Mar 31 with 2188 viewsIllinoisblue

“Try and make a forward pass”

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 12:30 - Mar 31 with 2168 viewsPique

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 12:24 - Mar 31 by hype313

Bless Chambers, he has tried to gee up the teams over the years, unfortualey the rest just seem to think "I'll take a nice little drive down to Playford road, get a nice wage, have a kick about for a few hours then hit the beach, the owner is invisible and the fans clap relegation, what's not to like!"
[Post edited 31 Mar 2021 12:31]

Quite a few of them seem oblivious to the fact that’s all about to end!
Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 12:44 - Mar 31 with 2128 viewsPhilTWTD

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 11:49 - Mar 31 by Garv

It's not particularly run down, the bits of it I see. PL spent about £150,000 on the branding stuff, which seemed a little unnecessary really. An icebath room was converted into a dedicated recovery room as well under his watch. Under PH £50,000 was spent on updating the gym, although that largely seemed to be spent on weights.
Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 12:52 - Mar 31 with 2081 viewshype313

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 12:30 - Mar 31 by Pique

Quite a few of them seem oblivious to the fact that’s all about to end!

Think there will be a few nervous players in the coming months realising the gravy train is at it's last stop...

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 13:07 - Mar 31 with 2022 viewsclive_baker

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 12:52 - Mar 31 by hype313

Think there will be a few nervous players in the coming months realising the gravy train is at it's last stop...

I wouldn't fancy being out of contract this summer off the back of a season where revenues have taken a big hit. I think 1 or 2 might be surprised by the offers that come their way.

Still, it's hard to have too much sympathy with a very average footballer earning £100k a year rather than £200k.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 13:35 - Mar 31 with 1956 viewshype313

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 13:07 - Mar 31 by clive_baker

I wouldn't fancy being out of contract this summer off the back of a season where revenues have taken a big hit. I think 1 or 2 might be surprised by the offers that come their way.

Still, it's hard to have too much sympathy with a very average footballer earning £100k a year rather than £200k.

Agrees, equally it works both ways, if the club were looking to offload players for a fee then the figure they might have had last year will be vastly reduced, for example if Bournemouth offered £1.8m for Jackson last year you know they would only offer £800k this time around.

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 13:37 - Mar 31 with 1942 viewschrismakin

Has anyone got a full picture of our training ground

I've seen some of recent training sessions and it looks like a prison with the high fencing near the training areas. Is it like that everywhere?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 13:47 - Mar 31 with 1922 viewsDubtractor

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 11:48 - Mar 31 by hype313

Didn't Sheepshanks give the everyone in the team a copy of "Something Inside So Strong" by Labbe Siffre during our second prem season? That worked out well.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 13:49 - Mar 31 with 1916 viewsJ2BLUE

Just looking at some of those England training camp pictures on 12:44 - Mar 31 by PhilTWTD

It's not particularly run down, the bits of it I see. PL spent about £150,000 on the branding stuff, which seemed a little unnecessary really. An icebath room was converted into a dedicated recovery room as well under his watch. Under PH £50,000 was spent on updating the gym, although that largely seemed to be spent on weights.

£50,000? Meh just add it on to the millions he spent on the other dead weight.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024