Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead 12:24 - Mar 31 with 2993 viewsitfcjoe

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/ipswich-and-blackpool-linked-to-scunth

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 12:29 - Mar 31 with 2918 viewssaffers12

Blessed is the winger
Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 12:31 - Mar 31 with 2903 viewsNthQldITFC

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 12:29 - Mar 31 by saffers12

Blessed is the winger

I think Brian may be a bit past it, but he would certainly climb mountains for us. Also a reasonably loud voice to have on the pitch.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 12:32 - Mar 31 with 2897 viewsSitfcB

You’ll get an ahem.

Town and Blackpool Linked With Scunthorpe Winger 31st Mar 2021 12:29
Town and Blackpool are reportedly showing interest in Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead, who is out of contract in the summer. 23

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 12:39 - Mar 31 with 2846 viewsKieran_Knows

So it begins ...

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 12:39 - Mar 31 with 2837 viewsitfcjoe

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 12:32 - Mar 31 by SitfcB

You’ll get an ahem.

Town and Blackpool Linked With Scunthorpe Winger 31st Mar 2021 12:29
Town and Blackpool are reportedly showing interest in Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead, who is out of contract in the summer. 23

There was no story up when I posted it....!

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 12:40 - Mar 31 with 2824 viewsHerbivore

Questionable attitude towards women.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 12:58 - Mar 31 with 2750 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 12:40 - Mar 31 by Herbivore

Questionable attitude towards women.

Telling tales....

Poll: Our final position

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 13:03 - Mar 31 with 2730 viewsearlsgreenblue

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 12:31 - Mar 31 by NthQldITFC

I think Brian may be a bit past it, but he would certainly climb mountains for us. Also a reasonably loud voice to have on the pitch.

Make a good keeper as well.
“It’s behind you” “Oh no it isn’t”
“Feck, oh yes it is”
Login to get fewer ads

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 13:11 - Mar 31 with 2667 viewsTieDyedIn95

Just looked him up. 25, played 200 odd games in the third and 4th divisions after starting out on Newcastle's books (no games), played for England youth at various levels. Scored 18 across 7 seasons. No promotions.

I know we're hardly flush but we're pretty well resourced for a third tier outfit. I really think we should be targeting players who have done it a bit at this level and actually won a promotion or two or even played in The Championship if we're serious about going up. I don't mind recruitment from lower leagues if the players young with time to develop, ideally in their early 20's rather than mid and if that player is a standout in the division but the guy has only played half the games for a side currently 16th in the 4th division.

The reason this concerns me is we've seen this transfer policy before, when we were in the Championship of signing players way below the standard that this club should accept and granted, he's not kicked a ball for Town yet but if we're replacing players like Edwards and Sears who I agree haven't delivered at this level, with people from teams struggling in the league below, then we'll only end up in the league below.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2021 13:13]

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 13:43 - Mar 31 with 2535 viewstractorboy1978

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 13:11 - Mar 31 by TieDyedIn95

Just looked him up. 25, played 200 odd games in the third and 4th divisions after starting out on Newcastle's books (no games), played for England youth at various levels. Scored 18 across 7 seasons. No promotions.

I know we're hardly flush but we're pretty well resourced for a third tier outfit. I really think we should be targeting players who have done it a bit at this level and actually won a promotion or two or even played in The Championship if we're serious about going up. I don't mind recruitment from lower leagues if the players young with time to develop, ideally in their early 20's rather than mid and if that player is a standout in the division but the guy has only played half the games for a side currently 16th in the 4th division.

The reason this concerns me is we've seen this transfer policy before, when we were in the Championship of signing players way below the standard that this club should accept and granted, he's not kicked a ball for Town yet but if we're replacing players like Edwards and Sears who I agree haven't delivered at this level, with people from teams struggling in the league below, then we'll only end up in the league below.

Perhaps Cook sees attributes he likes and backs himself and his coaches to improve him as a player. Good coaching, I vaguely remember what that is.
Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 13:48 - Mar 31 with 2521 viewschrismakin

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 13:43 - Mar 31 by tractorboy1978

Perhaps Cook sees attributes he likes and backs himself and his coaches to improve him as a player. Good coaching, I vaguely remember what that is.

Looking at cooks signings he rarely signed any well known players.

It's interesting theres already calls that we should be looking for championship players... just because we are ipswich doesn't mean a player is going to drop a big level and take a massive wage cut to do it.

League 1/2 signings will be the norm for this summer they just need to be well planned.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 13:52 - Mar 31 with 2510 viewsChocorange

Signed for Scunthorpe a year ago, previously at Shrewsbury...

Hmmm A certain Mr. Hurst is a common link there!
Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 14:33 - Mar 31 with 2410 viewsTieDyedIn95

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 13:52 - Mar 31 by Chocorange

Signed for Scunthorpe a year ago, previously at Shrewsbury...

Hmmm A certain Mr. Hurst is a common link there!

He's avoided Hurst both times as he was signed after him with both clubs. No doubt he'll sign for Grimsby after Hurst is sacked there.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 14:39 - Mar 31 with 2375 viewsTieDyedIn95

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 13:48 - Mar 31 by chrismakin

Looking at cooks signings he rarely signed any well known players.

It's interesting theres already calls that we should be looking for championship players... just because we are ipswich doesn't mean a player is going to drop a big level and take a massive wage cut to do it.

League 1/2 signings will be the norm for this summer they just need to be well planned.

We can attract a Championship experienced player who might be looking for a restart with a side gunning for promotion. We are still Ipswich Town. I am not talking about the best and brightest of the division but players good enough to win League One. If we continue to recruit from this league and lower we'll drop. We simply must protest that strategy now, we know it doesn't work, it doesn't matter who the manager is, he can't turn stale piss into wine. We need to recruit better, we also cannot rely on our youth system in the same way we did.

We should also be more than capable of attracting the best players in this division on wages alone. If we signed 5 of the best players from the last couple of seasons in League One, a couple of Championship experienced players and mix them with the best we have then we will get promoted. If we sign Scunthorpe's cast off's we will not.

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 14:41 - Mar 31 with 2361 viewsitfcjoe

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 14:39 - Mar 31 by TieDyedIn95

We can attract a Championship experienced player who might be looking for a restart with a side gunning for promotion. We are still Ipswich Town. I am not talking about the best and brightest of the division but players good enough to win League One. If we continue to recruit from this league and lower we'll drop. We simply must protest that strategy now, we know it doesn't work, it doesn't matter who the manager is, he can't turn stale piss into wine. We need to recruit better, we also cannot rely on our youth system in the same way we did.

We should also be more than capable of attracting the best players in this division on wages alone. If we signed 5 of the best players from the last couple of seasons in League One, a couple of Championship experienced players and mix them with the best we have then we will get promoted. If we sign Scunthorpe's cast off's we will not.

The youth system needs to be streamlined down, in addition to the first team squad - so that those are here don't see their development stalled

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 15:47 - Mar 31 with 2213 viewsTieDyedIn95

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 14:41 - Mar 31 by itfcjoe

The youth system needs to be streamlined down, in addition to the first team squad - so that those are here don't see their development stalled

I just think we cannot bank on it. I like Downes and Wolfie as prospects, Bishop was good but he came through 6 years ago. Dozzell needs work, Lankester could be good player if fit but it's not something we can rely on to get us up, especially now the likes of Norwich are eating up all the best local talent. Let's be honest they all have hardly set the third division alight and most signed when we were in the Championship.

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 15:50 - Mar 31 with 2205 viewsPhilTWTD

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 12:39 - Mar 31 by itfcjoe

There was no story up when I posted it....!

To be honest, I would have ignored it given the source until the various local papers covered it.
Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 16:11 - Mar 31 with 2152 viewschrismakin

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 14:41 - Mar 31 by itfcjoe

Joe. What do you mean streamlined down?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 16:27 - Mar 31 with 2113 viewsTieDyedIn95

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 15:50 - Mar 31 by PhilTWTD

To be honest, I would have ignored it given the source until the various local papers covered it.

That's actually comforting to think it may be bs!

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 16:39 - Mar 31 with 2083 viewsSwansea_Blue

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 12:31 - Mar 31 by NthQldITFC

He announced the winners of a youth music festival my daughter was involved last weekend. It was a bit random - nobody had any idea that he was going to pop up in the Zoom, or why.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Linked with Scunthorpe winger Alex Gilliead on 18:39 - Mar 31 with 1958 viewsBeyriey

Agreed, Gilliead would be an uninspiring signing. It's almost as though the recruitment team is looking at free/cheap options instead of quality signings that would cost money. In my opinion, Oliver Hawkins is very much an example of that.

Who knows, though. If he signs, he could turn out to be a fantastic servant for the club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024