Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Travel help needed 18:48 - Mar 31 with 589 viewsTheonlywayisup

Hello. I know there are a few posters here that travel a fair bit. I know it's a long shot but need advice fast.

I have finally been given and exemption to travel to Australia to see my daughter so was delighted with that news. I went to book a ticket today and there seems to be more road blocks. The only tickets available are via the U.S however UK nationals are not allowed to transit through. Surely there are exemptions here also though? Because flights are going to Australia everyday via U.S and if it was indeed the case that no one is allowed through then not a single person would be on these planes.

I have made about 20 calls todays but simply impossible to speak to a real person and the few times you eventually get through to someone they have no idea or pass you onto someone else who has no idea.

Getting pretty desperate so thought I'd chance my arm here.

Cheers.
Travel help needed on 18:55 - Mar 31 with 550 viewsbluelagos

When is your exemption from?

Direct flights are supposed (Qantus) to be back up from Oct/Nov I think it is - you can check for more. Obviously can change nearer the time, but that is the earliest they will be flying as it stands atm.

So USA currently limits brits going in direct - if you have been in the UK for the past 10 days, no can do. So a stop off for 10 days somewhere (Europe/Ireland?) might be possible when we can travel legally. Or now - if you're reason isn't tourism (which is illegal) - then travel to US and then pick up a flight could be an option.

If it's an emergency - I'd be looking at going via middle east - Dubai would be possible I'd think. (Emirates, Etihad, Qatar Air)

Edit - And expect the hotel quarantine (at your expense in Aus) and quite possibly in the UK too on your return.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2021 18:59]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Travel help needed on 19:00 - Mar 31 with 524 viewsTheonlywayisup

Travel help needed on 18:55 - Mar 31 by bluelagos

When is your exemption from?

Direct flights are supposed (Qantus) to be back up from Oct/Nov I think it is - you can check for more. Obviously can change nearer the time, but that is the earliest they will be flying as it stands atm.

So USA currently limits brits going in direct - if you have been in the UK for the past 10 days, no can do. So a stop off for 10 days somewhere (Europe/Ireland?) might be possible when we can travel legally. Or now - if you're reason isn't tourism (which is illegal) - then travel to US and then pick up a flight could be an option.

If it's an emergency - I'd be looking at going via middle east - Dubai would be possible I'd think. (Emirates, Etihad, Qatar Air)

Edit - And expect the hotel quarantine (at your expense in Aus) and quite possibly in the UK too on your return.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2021 18:59]

Usually I go via the middle east but those prices currently 10x usual prices. I guess I just find it strange there are no exemptions to even transit via the U.S

My exemption to enter Australia is from today so was keen to go as soon as possible. Have not seen my 14 year old daughter since December '19.
Travel help needed on 19:02 - Mar 31 with 516 viewsbluelagos

Travel help needed on 19:00 - Mar 31 by Theonlywayisup

Usually I go via the middle east but those prices currently 10x usual prices. I guess I just find it strange there are no exemptions to even transit via the U.S

My exemption to enter Australia is from today so was keen to go as soon as possible. Have not seen my 14 year old daughter since December '19.

Can read up on the rules here.

I'd also message ElderGrissley - he'll know far more of the details and the likely changes to the existing rules and timings.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice

If you can wait (I know it's hard) I'd hold off until late autumn tbh. But appreciate that may not be want you want to do.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Travel help needed on 19:18 - Mar 31 with 483 viewsTheonlywayisup

Travel help needed on 19:02 - Mar 31 by bluelagos

Can read up on the rules here.

I'd also message ElderGrissley - he'll know far more of the details and the likely changes to the existing rules and timings.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice

If you can wait (I know it's hard) I'd hold off until late autumn tbh. But appreciate that may not be want you want to do.

Thanks for your replies....very much appreciated.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024