Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Change in recruitment policy for us.... 07:14 - Apr 1 with 8241 viewsKieran_Knows

... or is this April Fools?!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 07:18 - Apr 1 with 3004 viewsgordon

Nahhh, let's just clear out the talent from the squad and let Paul Hurst bring in his mates from League One and Two so he doesn't feel insecure about his own playing career.
Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 07:47 - Apr 1 with 2894 viewsITFCBlues

Massively positive news and much needed. Could be the most important decision made this year!

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 07:59 - Apr 1 with 2826 viewsGarv

"The days of just going off someone’s opinion are going"

Going? They're long gone Lee.

Nice to know we're waking up somewhat but I've still no faith with Evans at the top.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:00 - Apr 1 with 2807 viewsgordon

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 07:47 - Apr 1 by ITFCBlues

Massively positive news and much needed. Could be the most important decision made this year!

Yeah, but knowing ITFC we'll just get a work experience lad to set up some excel sheets for National League South assists.
Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:01 - Apr 1 with 2797 viewsSomethingBlue

Having read the article it's genuinely hard to tell.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:08 - Apr 1 with 2749 viewsmr_bean

Anyone born this century could be forgiven for thinking that the photo is an April Fool's joke. Surely ITFC cannot have won the UEFA cup!
Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:09 - Apr 1 with 2743 viewsdavblue

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 07:47 - Apr 1 by ITFCBlues

It's only positive if it's implemented and funded correctly.

If it's done on the cheap as most things with us then it won't work and is just more noise trying to quieten down the fans.

After all how much of Evans' video before the Hurst appointment has come to fruition?
Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:10 - Apr 1 with 2736 viewsEddyJ

What we should have been doing for the last 5-10 years.

The next question we should all be asking: how is Marcus Evans going to get it wrong?
Login to get fewer ads

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:12 - Apr 1 with 2695 viewsitfcpaul

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:01 - Apr 1 by SomethingBlue

Having read the article it's genuinely hard to tell.

It's obvious from reading it that it is clearly a change, so why would you think that?

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:12 - Apr 1 with 2681 viewsHerbivore

Definitely an April Fool, can't see ME backing something progressive like this.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:14 - Apr 1 with 2666 viewshaynes_toe1

I mean this is taken as a given for most clubs, it's a bit embarrassing that the club think this is something that should be announced on social media platforms like it's some new innovation we've just come up with.
Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:15 - Apr 1 with 2656 viewsSomethingBlue

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:12 - Apr 1 by itfcpaul

It's obvious from reading it that it is clearly a change, so why would you think that?

I am being tongue in cheek. It shouldn't even need to be a thing we make announcements about. It's something that should have underpinned our work already for several years. Let's hope we do it properly.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:15 - Apr 1 with 2645 viewsfooters

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:12 - Apr 1 by itfcpaul

Because he's being sarcastic and it's April Fools Day?

I really do worry about some of our fanbase.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:18 - Apr 1 with 2626 viewsSwansea_Blue

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:14 - Apr 1 by haynes_toe1

I mean this is taken as a given for most clubs, it's a bit embarrassing that the club think this is something that should be announced on social media platforms like it's some new innovation we've just come up with.

I did cringe a bit reading that article. It's all well and good, but the problem with this moneyball approach is that stats are only a tool. They don't guarantee success at all. Do we have anyone with good enough judgement to use more stats as part of an overall strategy?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:20 - Apr 1 with 2606 viewsGiant_Midget

According to the data, own goal is one of our leading scorers this season, so we should make sure to sign him.
Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:24 - Apr 1 with 2566 viewsfooters

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:18 - Apr 1 by Swansea_Blue

I did cringe a bit reading that article. It's all well and good, but the problem with this moneyball approach is that stats are only a tool. They don't guarantee success at all. Do we have anyone with good enough judgement to use more stats as part of an overall strategy?

Three slates and an abacus. Finally ITFC is moving with the times.

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:24 - Apr 1 with 2562 viewsHerbivore

I'm guessing the club will get someone on board to sign these players for Town on FM21 to see how they get on first. Got to do our due diligence.

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:24 - Apr 1 with 2569 viewsPinewoodblue

Worth considering that only a tool would totally rely on stats.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:28 - Apr 1 with 2537 viewsfooters

Was this the really big thing that we should all be very excited about then?

I'm not sure doing something basic that most clubs have been doing for years really gets my juices flowing.

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:29 - Apr 1 with 2512 viewsHerbivore

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:28 - Apr 1 by footers

Was this the really big thing that we should all be very excited about then?

I'm not sure doing something basic that most clubs have been doing for years really gets my juices flowing.

This is the problem with you millenials, you want the moon on a stick.

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:31 - Apr 1 with 2498 viewsSteve_M

The club is an embarrassment to think this is something to boast about now. Utterly pathetic.

This takeover really needs to happen.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:33 - Apr 1 with 2476 viewsSwansea_Blue

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:24 - Apr 1 by Herbivore

I'm guessing the club will get someone on board to sign these players for Town on FM21 to see how they get on first. Got to do our due diligence.

I wouldn't at all be surprised.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:43 - Apr 1 with 2355 viewsLankHenners

They’re just going to bring up a spreadsheet of every out of contract League 1 and 2 player and filter by ‘assists’ aren’t they?

Anyway, good to know the club has realised far better run clubs than us have been doing this for years and will make a half-baked attempt to copy it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:44 - Apr 1 with 2349 viewsKieran_Knows

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:24 - Apr 1 by Herbivore

If I remember correctly, didn't Everton do just that? Think they employed a couple of people just to play FM to 'scout' players, before sending their actual scouts off to watch them.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 08:45 - Apr 1 with 2333 viewsDubtractor

Change in recruitment policy for us.... on 07:59 - Apr 1 by Garv

"The days of just going off someone’s opinion are going"

Going? They're long gone Lee.

Nice to know we're waking up somewhat but I've still no faith with Evans at the top.

Poor old Lee is a bit out of his depth isn't he?

Put up as the front man to present stuff like this, and in January telling us why the loan signings were a significant step up from what we had.

As per other comments, the fact we see this as a big statement to boast about tells its own story about where we are as a club.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024