Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huws gone then.. 11:04 - Apr 1 with 6013 viewsWallingford_Boy

Best all round and assume he's one of the bigger wage earners, so will free up some cash at least.

Dunno why the delay in the club announcing it though?

RIP Sir Bobby

Huws gone then.. on 11:06 - Apr 1 with 4075 viewswkj

Same with the takeover - no clue why they aren't announcing that either.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Huws gone then.. on 11:08 - Apr 1 with 4058 viewshype313

Sad to see, but totally understandable, think he will be the first of many.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Huws gone then.. on 11:31 - Apr 1 with 3956 viewsclive_baker

He's being paid up the rest of his contract until the summer and told he can leave. He's not in Cook's plans and apparently he isn't fit anyway, so it makes sense.

Best of luck to him, he's on a decent whack so hopefully all these departures gives Cook some wiggle room to invest the budget elsewhere. Huws really needs to be making 30+ starts somewhere next season, wherever he ends up.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Huws gone then.. on 11:32 - Apr 1 with 3936 viewsclive_baker

Huws gone then.. on 11:08 - Apr 1 by hype313

Sad to see, but totally understandable, think he will be the first of many.

Sure will. It's going to be a summer of change like no other I can remember.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Huws gone then.. on 11:42 - Apr 1 with 3851 viewsSeablu

Huws gone then.. on 11:31 - Apr 1 by clive_baker

He's being paid up the rest of his contract until the summer and told he can leave. He's not in Cook's plans and apparently he isn't fit anyway, so it makes sense.

Best of luck to him, he's on a decent whack so hopefully all these departures gives Cook some wiggle room to invest the budget elsewhere. Huws really needs to be making 30+ starts somewhere next season, wherever he ends up.

You just know he’ll end up somewhere like Fleetwood, play nearly every week and scoop their player of the season award in 12 months time.
Huws gone then.. on 11:44 - Apr 1 with 3833 viewsKieran_Knows

Huws gone then.. on 11:32 - Apr 1 by clive_baker

On both player and staff front.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Huws gone then.. on 11:48 - Apr 1 with 3795 viewsHerbivore

Real shame. He's a talented player but doesn't seem able to get or stay fit. He had a brief spell in January where he looked good but this season he's been terrible whenever he's played and has looked miles off even being a bang average League 1 midfielder. I hope for him that he can find a home somewhere, get fit and reignite his career.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Huws gone then.. on 11:48 - Apr 1 with 3796 viewshomer_123

Huws gone then.. on 11:32 - Apr 1 by clive_baker

A remember a summer of change under Hurst.....let's avoid something similar.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Huws gone then.. on 11:50 - Apr 1 with 3783 viewsjas0999

Will be interesting to see if he goes elsewhere and plays regularly. I don’t think he’s been 100% fit since we signed him on a permanent basis.

Good luck to him.
Huws gone then.. on 11:51 - Apr 1 with 3741 viewsjeera

Huws gone then.. on 11:48 - Apr 1 by homer_123

I prefer tweaks to clear-outs as I always think it's important to keep a core to build from/add to.

The one under Hurst was so over the top that it's now bloody well made this one necessary.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Huws gone then.. on 11:52 - Apr 1 with 3737 viewsKieran_Knows

I don't see how we can? 20+ players out of contract, with 6 players returning to their parent clubs.

If it's done correctly, and Evans/the new owners back Cook (who I say I would trust more than Hurst), then I think it can be a good thing for this club.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Huws gone then.. on 12:10 - Apr 1 with 3613 viewsDubtractor

Huws gone then.. on 11:42 - Apr 1 by Seablu

You just know he’ll end up somewhere like Fleetwood, play nearly every week and scoop their player of the season award in 12 months time.

This is the way.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Huws gone then.. on 12:15 - Apr 1 with 3584 viewsHerbivore

On the plus side we no longer have any good players to bin off.

Huws gone then.. on 12:26 - Apr 1 with 3526 viewshype313

Just had a look at his stats, he's had 1 season where he played 30 Game sin ten years, he's played 31 in four seasons here.

Anyone looking to take him on will be viewing that and the terms will be very much pay as you play.

Huws gone then.. on 12:27 - Apr 1 with 3520 viewsRadlett_blue

Why pay up the rest of Huws's contract? If the idea is to set him free to try to find a new club, fair enough, but you would then expect to pay only a proportion of the rest of his contract.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Huws gone then.. on 12:31 - Apr 1 with 3493 viewsWallingford_Boy

Huws gone then.. on 12:27 - Apr 1 by Radlett_blue

Why pay up the rest of Huws's contract? If the idea is to set him free to try to find a new club, fair enough, but you would then expect to pay only a proportion of the rest of his contract.

It wouldn't be piad up in full, they'd come to a mutual agreement, otherwise, as you say, whats the point?!

RIP Sir Bobby

Huws gone then.. on 12:32 - Apr 1 with 3491 viewsGuthrum

Huws gone then.. on 12:27 - Apr 1 by Radlett_blue

Because he could only be signed by another club this season if he'd been realeased during the January window. Now he must wait until the summer.

Plus most settlement deals apparently contain clauses giving a discount if the player signs elsewhere within the time the contract had left to run.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Huws gone then.. on 13:01 - Apr 1 with 3386 viewsPhilTWTD

That is what I've heard as well, although they denied it when I asked them about it. I assume it hadn't/hasn't been rubberstamped.
Huws gone then.. on 13:06 - Apr 1 with 3346 viewsIllinoisblue

Huws gone then.. on 11:48 - Apr 1 by Herbivore

Real shame. He's a talented player but doesn't seem able to get or stay fit. He had a brief spell in January where he looked good but this season he's been terrible whenever he's played and has looked miles off even being a bang average League 1 midfielder. I hope for him that he can find a home somewhere, get fit and reignite his career.

Looked like he was running through quicksand this season. Real shame for him and for us. He’s one of those players that almost makes you feel sorry for Evans. Million pound transfer fee, big wages and all for a return of one nice goal v the Geordies in four years.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Huws gone then.. on 13:10 - Apr 1 with 3330 viewshype313

Huws gone then.. on 13:06 - Apr 1 by Illinoisblue

Looked like he was running through quicksand this season. Real shame for him and for us. He’s one of those players that almost makes you feel sorry for Evans. Million pound transfer fee, big wages and all for a return of one nice goal v the Geordies in four years.

His record before us wasn't exactly glowing of someone who could play 30 games a season either.

He's one of those players that over the years we have heard "If he could get fit he could be a gamechanger in this team"

Lets hope we aren't saying the same for KVY.

Huws gone then.. on 13:19 - Apr 1 with 3246 viewsGarv

Evans authorised a four year deal. I wouldn't feel too sorry for him.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Huws gone then.. on 13:39 - Apr 1 with 3158 viewsHerbivore

I don't think we paid anything like a million for him.

Huws gone then.. on 14:12 - Apr 1 with 3050 viewsmarchy

Huws gone then.. on 13:39 - Apr 1 by Herbivore

I don't think we paid anything like a million for him.

Quarter at most, I seem to remember?
Huws gone then.. on 14:16 - Apr 1 with 3038 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Huws gone then.. on 14:12 - Apr 1 by marchy

Quarter at most, I seem to remember?

Huws gone then.. on 14:19 - Apr 1 with 3026 viewsRadlett_blue

Huws gone then.. on 13:19 - Apr 1 by Garv

Evans authorised a four year deal. I wouldn't feel too sorry for him.

Mick chose to sing Huws & on the basis of his loan spell, most of us were begging him to do so. As a lower half Division 2 club, any decent players was always going to come with a risk & the signing of Huws backfired badly. Even when he was fit last & this season, he seemed a shadow of the player he once was. But don't use this as a stick with which to beat Evans - he was backing his manager, which most of us have been crying out for him to do.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024