Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huws gone then.. 11:04 - Apr 1 with 5953 viewsWallingford_Boy

Best all round and assume he's one of the bigger wage earners, so will free up some cash at least.

Dunno why the delay in the club announcing it though?

RIP Sir Bobby

Huws gone then.. on 14:25 - Apr 1 with 1844 viewsmarchy

Huws gone then.. on 14:16 - Apr 1 by abracaDOBRA_

Blimey, I was nowhere near.
Huws gone then.. on 14:26 - Apr 1 with 1837 viewsjayessess

Huws gone then.. on 14:19 - Apr 1 by Radlett_blue

Mick chose to sing Huws & on the basis of his loan spell, most of us were begging him to do so. As a lower half Division 2 club, any decent players was always going to come with a risk & the signing of Huws backfired badly. Even when he was fit last & this season, he seemed a shadow of the player he once was. But don't use this as a stick with which to beat Evans - he was backing his manager, which most of us have been crying out for him to do.

Trying to remember the last time a risk this club took paid off...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Huws gone then.. on 14:37 - Apr 1 with 1813 viewsitfcjoe

Huws gone then.. on 11:50 - Apr 1 by jas0999

Will be interesting to see if he goes elsewhere and plays regularly. I don’t think he’s been 100% fit since we signed him on a permanent basis.

Good luck to him.

Wouldn't surprise me if he just retires

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Huws gone then.. on 14:43 - Apr 1 with 1793 viewsRadlett_blue

Huws gone then.. on 14:37 - Apr 1 by itfcjoe

Wouldn't surprise me if he just retires

Huws has managed more than 17 league games once in a season in his football career & that was only 30 games, 5 years ago. It's clear that he isn't up to playing regular pro football. Someone in the lower leagues might take a chance on him with a pay & play contract. He's only 27 & might prefer to give this a go rather than facing up to what else he's going to do.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Huws gone then.. on 14:46 - Apr 1 with 1776 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Huws gone then.. on 14:25 - Apr 1 by marchy

Blimey, I was nowhere near.

Didn't mean to reply to yours, meant to reply to the person you were replying too!
Huws gone then.. on 14:53 - Apr 1 with 1766 viewsitfcjoe

Huws gone then.. on 14:43 - Apr 1 by Radlett_blue

Huws has managed more than 17 league games once in a season in his football career & that was only 30 games, 5 years ago. It's clear that he isn't up to playing regular pro football. Someone in the lower leagues might take a chance on him with a pay & play contract. He's only 27 & might prefer to give this a go rather than facing up to what else he's going to do.

What is he going to do though? Relocate to somewhere and earn a few hundred quid a game and struggle to play......or just try something else? I don't know how settled he is here, but I can't see him relocating somewhere - with what he has earned in his career for a club at the level he can attract

Huws gone then.. on 15:02 - Apr 1 with 1750 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Huws gone then.. on 14:53 - Apr 1 by itfcjoe

What is he going to do though? Relocate to somewhere and earn a few hundred quid a game and struggle to play......or just try something else? I don't know how settled he is here, but I can't see him relocating somewhere - with what he has earned in his career for a club at the level he can attract

As you say, if he's unfit then that may be hard, but surely if he gets himself fit he'd easily attract a league 1 club? We saw it with Danny Rowe who hadn't played in over a year and got himself a contract at Burton. I guess it depends if he's willing to go through it all again
Huws gone then.. on 15:04 - Apr 1 with 1738 viewshype313

Huws gone then.. on 15:02 - Apr 1 by abracaDOBRA_

As you say, if he's unfit then that may be hard, but surely if he gets himself fit he'd easily attract a league 1 club? We saw it with Danny Rowe who hadn't played in over a year and got himself a contract at Burton. I guess it depends if he's willing to go through it all again

I just don't think his body can take the rigors of professional football, we have seen it time and time again, this game takes players bodies to extreme lengths and some just constantly fall down. I fear he's one of them.

I also fear it might be the same for KVY.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Huws gone then.. on 15:05 - Apr 1 with 1739 viewsitfcjoe

Huws gone then.. on 15:02 - Apr 1 by abracaDOBRA_

Danny Rowe has played 250 games in his career, he's always played regularly - Huws broke through as a teenager and has played 120 games in his career - he can't get himself fit.

He may try and play on, but I can't see him relocating purely for football - he might move nearer to freinds and family, or a previous house they've owned, or stay here - and something may happen.....but I can't see him chasing a continuation to his career

Huws gone then.. on 15:08 - Apr 1 with 1726 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Huws gone then.. on 15:05 - Apr 1 by itfcjoe

Danny Rowe has played 250 games in his career, he's always played regularly - Huws broke through as a teenager and has played 120 games in his career - he can't get himself fit.

He may try and play on, but I can't see him relocating purely for football - he might move nearer to freinds and family, or a previous house they've owned, or stay here - and something may happen.....but I can't see him chasing a continuation to his career

Hadn't quite realised how little games he played...

Shame really but you are probably right then, similar situation to Adeyemi a few years back
Huws gone then.. on 15:09 - Apr 1 with 1720 viewschicoazul

Huws gone then.. on 11:31 - Apr 1 by clive_baker

He's being paid up the rest of his contract until the summer and told he can leave. He's not in Cook's plans and apparently he isn't fit anyway, so it makes sense.

Best of luck to him, he's on a decent whack so hopefully all these departures gives Cook some wiggle room to invest the budget elsewhere. Huws really needs to be making 30+ starts somewhere next season, wherever he ends up.

He’s not being paid up, he’s just been told he’s not in the managers plans and has been back in Cardiff for a while now. In fact I think he trained with Mick the other week.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Huws gone then.. on 15:13 - Apr 1 with 1716 viewsKieran_Knows

Huws gone then.. on 15:09 - Apr 1 by chicoazul

He’s not being paid up, he’s just been told he’s not in the managers plans and has been back in Cardiff for a while now. In fact I think he trained with Mick the other week.

He's not been at the club for over a month now...

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Huws gone then.. on 15:16 - Apr 1 with 1714 viewsWallingford_Boy

Huws gone then.. on 15:13 - Apr 1 by Kieran_Knows

He's not been at the club for over a month now...

ssshhhh its a secret!

RIP Sir Bobby

Huws gone then.. on 20:46 - Apr 1 with 1587 viewsPowrigan

Huws gone then.. on 14:26 - Apr 1 by jayessess

Marcus Stewart?
Huws gone then.. on 21:11 - Apr 1 with 1551 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Huws gone then.. on 22:00 - Apr 1 with 1504 viewsN2_Blue

Huws gone then.. on 11:48 - Apr 1 by homer_123

A remember a summer of change under Hurst.....let's avoid something similar.

erm no, lets not. We need a summer of change!

Under Hurst we had a hell of lot of good players, goalscorers etc and he got rid of them

Cook can change the whole squad if he wants, there's virtually not a single player i want to keep...Bishop, Dobra that's about it that have been involved with fist team.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Huws gone then.. on 22:06 - Apr 1 with 1494 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Huws gone then.. on 22:00 - Apr 1 by N2_Blue

erm no, lets not. We need a summer of change!

Under Hurst we had a hell of lot of good players, goalscorers etc and he got rid of them

Cook can change the whole squad if he wants, there's virtually not a single player i want to keep...Bishop, Dobra that's about it that have been involved with fist team.

Indeed, the issue was far more with what Hurst brought in than the amount of change he made. Yes, too many good players did leave but had they been replaced with more experienced and better quality players that complimented each other, the issues would have been far less of a problem.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Huws gone then.. on 00:48 - Apr 2 with 1385 viewsacj

Huws gone then.. on 14:26 - Apr 1 by jayessess

Tyrone Mings? Gotta be one of the best punts the club has ever made.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Huws gone then.. on 10:41 - Apr 2 with 1294 viewsjayessess

Huws gone then.. on 00:48 - Apr 2 by acj

Tyrone Mings? Gotta be one of the best punts the club has ever made.

Is it a risk at £10k though?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Huws gone then.. on 15:58 - Apr 2 with 1222 viewsacj

Huws gone then.. on 10:41 - Apr 2 by jayessess

Is it a risk at £10k though?

Yeah, fair point!

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024