Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning 14:26 - Apr 1 with 2240 viewsBluefish

About how worried I was about Cook and his determination to play 4231 despite it just not working for our squad. His comments since then are an absolute breath of fresh air.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 15:07 - Apr 1 with 2080 viewsJ2BLUE

It's just so nice to hear a manager point out the same things the fans can see after so long under the last clown.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 15:18 - Apr 1 with 2042 viewsArnieM

Everything Paul Cook has said since he's walked in through that door, has filled me confidence in his ability and a reassurance that we have at last, finally, got the "right man".

He quickly recognizes what the main problems /issues are at this Club, both on and off the field, and gives me the impression, as friendly , jovial, and chatty as he is , that he will suffer no fools going forward, and that he will root out those that have been stealing a living at this Club, cruising along on "easy street". Don't underestimate this man. He means business and I am still be convinced that his presence here is not linked with the reported consortium take over.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 15:23 - Apr 1 with 1995 viewsSwansea_Blue

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 15:18 - Apr 1 by ArnieM

Everything Paul Cook has said since he's walked in through that door, has filled me confidence in his ability and a reassurance that we have at last, finally, got the "right man".

He quickly recognizes what the main problems /issues are at this Club, both on and off the field, and gives me the impression, as friendly , jovial, and chatty as he is , that he will suffer no fools going forward, and that he will root out those that have been stealing a living at this Club, cruising along on "easy street". Don't underestimate this man. He means business and I am still be convinced that his presence here is not linked with the reported consortium take over.

I'm not getting it tbh. What he says is fine, but you'd hear similar from a lot managers out there. Maybe it's because the bar has been so low for so long that ordinary now seems like a breath of fresh air. That's not to say I'm questioning him. Way too early to have a view one way of the other imo.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 15:24 - Apr 1 with 1998 viewsgtsb1966

I agree with all of that apart from the last bit. The more he talks the more im convinced a takeover isn't happening.
I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 15:27 - Apr 1 with 1983 viewsJ2BLUE

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 15:24 - Apr 1 by gtsb1966

I agree with all of that apart from the last bit. The more he talks the more im convinced a takeover isn't happening.

It makes very little sense for Evans to have appointed the consortium's man. He may well have run it past them or Cook could have been the pick of everyone involved but Cook isn't here as part of any takeover. Wouldn't make any sense.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 15:55 - Apr 1 with 1867 viewshomer_123

Without wanting to negative.

Lambert said and did the right things when he joined, got ex-players involved, fan groups etc etc etc. In hindsight, even some of Hurts comments have been proven accurate.

I care far less about what managers, players and owners say and far more in what they 'do'.

Cook seems like a decent chap, runs a decent presser (we've been here before) but I really don't care for that side of things - let's see what he gets out of the players.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 16:35 - Apr 1 with 1765 viewsbluewein

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 15:55 - Apr 1 by homer_123

Lambert said and did the right things when he joined, got ex-players involved, fan groups etc etc etc. In hindsight, even some of Hurts comments have been proven accurate.

I care far less about what managers, players and owners say and far more in what they 'do'.

Cook seems like a decent chap, runs a decent presser (we've been here before) but I really don't care for that side of things - let's see what he gets out of the players.

Only difference with Cook is he's had 9 years of success and can see the problems we have.

Lambert had 9 years of failure and bought everyone a pint...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 16:39 - Apr 1 with 1744 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Did you want to expand on that Fishers?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 16:41 - Apr 1 with 1735 viewsBluefish

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 16:39 - Apr 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

Did you want to expand on that Fishers?

Which bit? Ask a question and I'll give my view

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 16:43 - Apr 1 with 1717 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 16:41 - Apr 1 by Bluefish

Which bit? Ask a question and I'll give my view

? His comments on Cook's 4-2-3-1

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 16:45 - Apr 1 with 1706 viewsEwan_Oozami

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 16:43 - Apr 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

? His comments on Cook's 4-2-3-1

I think "His comments since then" refer to what Cook said, not the Pompey mate - I'm not yet sure what part "Pompey mate" plays in this little saga...
[Post edited 1 Apr 2021 16:45]

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 16:47 - Apr 1 with 1683 viewsVaughan8

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 16:45 - Apr 1 by Ewan_Oozami

I think "His comments since then" refer to what Cook said, not the Pompey mate - I'm not yet sure what part "Pompey mate" plays in this little saga...
[Post edited 1 Apr 2021 16:45]

To be fair, it does seem like his "pompey mate" has said something, rather than Cook. Otherwise as you say, his mate that's irrelevant in the post?
I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 16:52 - Apr 1 with 1643 viewschrismakin

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 15:55 - Apr 1 by homer_123

For me so far it's the way some of the things he says have shown and it's football related

Lambert was all about PR, getting fans onside, free beers, using old players as he knew that was the way to the fans hearts. But football wise, nothing really came up imo

Hursts was more direct, more Keanish, and again you never really saw anything on the pitch that he spoke about

Cook so far, yes I know, results haven't been great at all
But he has spoken about football on front foot, how he wants his team to play, and whilst there's a long way to go, you can't ignore the fact that since he's been here, the side has been playing higher up, we are moving the ball more in the opponents half rather than ours, etc,

so for me it's the first time in a while, I feel trusting of a managers PR talk

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 16:54 - Apr 1 with 1634 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

His honesty is refreshing. We've missed that for some time.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 17:25 - Apr 1 with 1515 viewsBluefish

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 16:47 - Apr 1 by Vaughan8

To be fair, it does seem like his "pompey mate" has said something, rather than Cook. Otherwise as you say, his mate that's irrelevant in the post?

Cook's comments! Pompey mate was relevant because we were talking about Cook

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 17:28 - Apr 1 with 1497 viewsEwan_Oozami

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 17:25 - Apr 1 by Bluefish

Cook's comments! Pompey mate was relevant because we were talking about Cook

I'm intrigued though - what did your Pompey mate say about Cook that then meant you were happy once you'd read Cook's comments?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 17:32 - Apr 1 with 1459 viewsKeaneish

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 15:23 - Apr 1 by Swansea_Blue

I'm not getting it tbh. What he says is fine, but you'd hear similar from a lot managers out there. Maybe it's because the bar has been so low for so long that ordinary now seems like a breath of fresh air. That's not to say I'm questioning him. Way too early to have a view one way of the other imo.

I think it’s more that a lot of previous managers in recent history have dismissed fans opinions or made derogatory towards toward us. Honesty goes a long way!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 17:47 - Apr 1 with 1368 viewsmonty_radio

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 15:27 - Apr 1 by J2BLUE

It makes very little sense for Evans to have appointed the consortium's man. He may well have run it past them or Cook could have been the pick of everyone involved but Cook isn't here as part of any takeover. Wouldn't make any sense.

Neither would buying half a team for several million and then sacking the instigator after 15 games. I don't think it tells you anything about the takeover.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 17:48 - Apr 1 with 1369 viewsclive_baker

Yep. The difference with Lambert is he said a lot of things that people wanted to hear, but it was a lot of hot air and PR BS about getting the fans back onside and generic comments that could probably be applied to any club on it's ar5e.

Cook has impressed me, he's been quite specific about what he's identified and his selections I have to say I agree with. Are they good enough? Not on current form. Are they the best we have right now? Probably. There's very little I'm not aligned on with him so far.

He's going to take an axe to this lot in the summer, on and off the field. Our club is going to look quite different in August to how it looks today and not a second too soon.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 17:50 - Apr 1 with 1358 viewsclive_baker

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 15:27 - Apr 1 by J2BLUE

Evans has wanted Cook for over a year, he's firmly ME's choice. Cook has wanted this gig too, it's so refreshing he actually appears honoured and happy to be here, unlike his predecessor.

I was told Cook wanted some clarity on the ownership and ME was straight with him, but he had reassurances he would be given a chance if the yanks do the deal.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 17:52 - Apr 1 with 1347 viewsnodge_blue

I like PC.

I said at the time of his appointment though that in the short term trying to play 433 I thought just wasn't going to work with these players. We clearly picked up better performances and results in that little spell of two up front and going more direct.

The guy needs some results though. Pressure mounts and players faith goes without it.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

I was chatting with my Pompey mate this morning on 18:11 - Apr 1 with 1262 viewsWallingford_Boy

What are his thoughts on Cowley, out of interest?

RIP Sir Bobby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024