Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What did Cook say to Blue Action? 17:27 - Apr 2 with 6764 viewsJ2BLUE

This is turning into the perfect storm some of us feared when the takeover was revealed to have stalled.

Evans seemingly staying, big and exciting changes coming (again) and support for Cook now mixed into supporting the club in general.

Give it a month and we'll get some new interview with Evans where he'll repeat all the BS he has come out with before and it will all start again. He will quote the banner and claim he is offering us the reform we asked for.

Incredibly depressing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 17:40 - Apr 2 with 4629 viewstextbackup

when we are allowed back in I will 100% be going, because a new manager deserves the support of the fans.

I'll never support ME as our owner, but I can never understand those that would cut off nose to spite their face.

at the end of the day, we are football fans, not club owner fans

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 17:43 - Apr 2 with 4577 viewsJ2BLUE

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 17:40 - Apr 2 by textbackup

when we are allowed back in I will 100% be going, because a new manager deserves the support of the fans.

I'll never support ME as our owner, but I can never understand those that would cut off nose to spite their face.

at the end of the day, we are football fans, not club owner fans

Each to their own mate.

The way I see it is Cook will likely get us up but our long term trajectory under Evans will continue to be downwards and in five to ten years we'll be a mid-table league one club under him with little chance of ever challenging the top six.

Truly impaired.

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 17:46 - Apr 2 with 4517 viewschrismakin

Mostly keeping private

But along the lines of nows not the time a club split. Need all support we can get etc

Which I agree with

See the season through and protest then.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 17:46]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 17:48 - Apr 2 with 4475 viewsJ2BLUE

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 17:46 - Apr 2 by chrismakin

Mostly keeping private

But along the lines of nows not the time a club split. Need all support we can get etc

Which I agree with

BA are keeping it private?

Truly impaired.

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 17:54 - Apr 2 with 4381 viewsStudentBlue

Mostly keeping private

Which I agree with

Not sure why it would need to be private? Cook speaking to a fan group is Cook speaking to Ipswich fans generally too, surely?

Poll: How will you be voting tomorrow?

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 18:18 - Apr 2 with 4162 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Mostly keeping private

Which I agree with

There is no club split. If anything the fans are more united than they have been for a while. It's the club moving away from us, not the other way around.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 18:18 - Apr 2 with 4165 viewsFixed_It

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 17:43 - Apr 2 by J2BLUE

Each to their own mate.

The way I see it is Cook will likely get us up but our long term trajectory under Evans will continue to be downwards and in five to ten years we'll be a mid-table league one club under him with little chance of ever challenging the top six.

In fairness, J2 - I think I'm right in saying you have been an 'absent' fan apart from the last couple of seasons (?). Probably easier for you to walk away than those of us who have been going for years. I really hope the takeover happens - not because I'm anti-Evans - but because this Club needs an overhaul and fresh impetus. I don't think a boycott will achieve anything though.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 18:21 - Apr 2 with 4104 viewschrismakin

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 18:18 - Apr 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

There is no club split. If anything the fans are more united than they have been for a while. It's the club moving away from us, not the other way around.

I think he just means everything being about the here and now and that's chasing a play off place. Leave everything else until we see this through.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Login to get fewer ads

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 18:25 - Apr 2 with 4063 viewsLord_Lucan

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 18:18 - Apr 2 by Fixed_It

In fairness, J2 - I think I'm right in saying you have been an 'absent' fan apart from the last couple of seasons (?). Probably easier for you to walk away than those of us who have been going for years. I really hope the takeover happens - not because I'm anti-Evans - but because this Club needs an overhaul and fresh impetus. I don't think a boycott will achieve anything though.

Not so. I believe J2 is head of catering.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 18:26 - Apr 2 with 4030 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Mostly keeping private

Which I agree with

Why would anybody keep a conversation like that private - he literally went outside to engage in public with those protesting.

I agree it’s a daft time to protest. Do it if we fall out of contention.
What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 18:28 - Apr 2 with 3991 viewsFixed_It

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 18:25 - Apr 2 by Lord_Lucan

Not so. I believe J2 is head of catering.

Well at last we have something to explain the poor performances on the pitch!

Ready! Steady! Cook!

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 18:29 - Apr 2 with 3950 viewschrismakin

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 18:26 - Apr 2 by PrideOfTheEast

Why would anybody keep a conversation like that private - he literally went outside to engage in public with those protesting.

I agree it’s a daft time to protest. Do it if we fall out of contention.

I dont know. That's just what PC said on the radio about it

Maybe he told blue action the takeover is happening but sssssshhhh

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 18:29 - Apr 2 with 3958 viewsJ2BLUE

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 18:18 - Apr 2 by Fixed_It

It's not easy to walk away at all. I was 'absent' because I worked at least every other Saturday for over five years.

I just believe in fighting for the club. I don't see any other way to help this nightmare end.

Truly impaired.

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 18:31 - Apr 2 with 3928 viewsJ2BLUE

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 17:54 - Apr 2 by StudentBlue

Not sure why it would need to be private? Cook speaking to a fan group is Cook speaking to Ipswich fans generally too, surely?

Agree. Unless Cook has specifically asked I don't see why it would be kept private.

Truly impaired.

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 18:41 - Apr 2 with 3851 viewsFixed_It

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 18:29 - Apr 2 by J2BLUE

It's not easy to walk away at all. I was 'absent' because I worked at least every other Saturday for over five years.

I just believe in fighting for the club. I don't see any other way to help this nightmare end.

The 'absent' bit wasn't intended as a criticism - I know you weren't able to go because of work. But having not been before probably makes not going again easier - in as far as it isn't an ingrained routine/part of life. Although happy for you to not see it like that - and recognise that I could be wrong. Each to their own.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 18:44]

Ready! Steady! Cook!

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 19:13 - Apr 2 with 3657 viewsChateauWines

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 17:54 - Apr 2 by StudentBlue

No it's not. Blue Action I supported its togetherness 2 years ago. I now resent a handful of kids deciding they are the voice of 20,000 fans . Training ground embarrassment has made Town fans look right d@@ks

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 19:25 - Apr 2 with 3558 viewsITFC_Forever

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 19:13 - Apr 2 by ChateauWines

No it's not. Blue Action I supported its togetherness 2 years ago. I now resent a handful of kids deciding they are the voice of 20,000 fans . Training ground embarrassment has made Town fans look right d@@ks

To be fair, I would suspect the training ground protest was a last resort.

Fans aren’t allowed in the ground, on-line complaints had no impact and there’s no other way to be heard. And something Phil said a while ago is probably true... the club have become immune to on-line criticism via social media as there has been so much of it over the last few years, it’s now like water off a duck’s back.

BA have never claimed to be the voice of the fans, but they are entitled to a voice, same as anyone else.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 19:25 - Apr 2 with 3564 viewsBlue_Order

Nothing much more than he’s already said publicly.

Understands our frustrations, but not helpful for players to see that.

Promised us things are gonna get better, Marcus is on it.

Complimented the fine craftsmanship of our banner, pleaded with us not to burn the stadium down.
What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 19:34 - Apr 2 with 3458 viewstextbackup

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 19:25 - Apr 2 by Blue_Order

Complimented the fine craftsmanship of our banner, pleaded with us not to burn the stadium down.

I get why hes saying that, re the players..... but seriously, I bet not a single one cares

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 19:34 - Apr 2 with 3448 viewsTractorgirlforever

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 17:43 - Apr 2 by J2BLUE

Each to their own mate.

We have a better chance of being successful if the fans get behind the team and manager rather than all the negativity that is around. I feel so sorry for this group of players ,it seems they are in a no win situation, some people just wont give paul cook a chance, if we get promoted through the play offs i can imagine the comments will be about us going straight back down!.. give the club half a chance by backing them and going down to portman road and supporting the players.
What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 19:59 - Apr 2 with 3286 viewsN2_Blue

You're getting boring now.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 20:03 - Apr 2 with 3254 viewsbluejacko

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 19:34 - Apr 2 by Tractorgirlforever

We have a better chance of being successful if the fans get behind the team and manager rather than all the negativity that is around. I feel so sorry for this group of players ,it seems they are in a no win situation, some people just wont give paul cook a chance, if we get promoted through the play offs i can imagine the comments will be about us going straight back down!.. give the club half a chance by backing them and going down to portman road and supporting the players.

While those are fine words the reality is we have a bunch of ‘players’ that are quite happy talking the talk,but when it comes to actually doing it they fail miserably! Now if you can watch that and still are able to say what you have then good on you but I think the majority of fans have seen right through them and the club and really do need a change.
“What the f@ck are you doing when we have a team where confidence is the probl (n/t) on 20:07 - Apr 2 with 3224 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

“What the f@ck are you doing when we have a team where confidence is the on 20:16 - Apr 2 with 3161 viewstextbackup

“What the f@ck are you doing when we have a team where confidence is the probl (n/t) on 20:07 - Apr 2 by unstableblue

the same players were backed to the hill when going down and showed nothing in return.

the best thing for all involved is clear them out and we start again. 99% don't have a future here

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 20:17 - Apr 2 with 3143 viewsJ2BLUE

What did Cook say to Blue Action? on 19:25 - Apr 2 by Blue_Order

Cheers, appreciate the response.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024