Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EU Citizenship post Brexit 21:43 - Apr 2 with 1111 viewsLesta_Tractor

Found out I can get an Italian passport but I'll need to do some lessons to bring my (limited) Italian skills up to the required level and there's a fair bit of paperwork to do.

Is it worth making the effort?
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 21:44]

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

EU Citizenship post Brexit on 21:51 - Apr 2 with 1073 viewsLord_Lucan

Yes. Go for it.

I have interrogated Mother to see if I have any Irish blood in the hope that I can get an EU passport.

Alas not. Her side of the family are completely nuts - in a Catholic sort of way - but it seems no Irish semen passed the doors.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

EU Citizenship post Brexit on 21:53 - Apr 2 with 1060 viewsLesta_Tractor

EU Citizenship post Brexit on 21:51 - Apr 2 by Lord_Lucan

Yes. Go for it.

I have interrogated Mother to see if I have any Irish blood in the hope that I can get an EU passport.

Alas not. Her side of the family are completely nuts - in a Catholic sort of way - but it seems no Irish semen passed the doors.

Ha, the wife's family are crazy Italian Catholics. Family get togethers over there are an ordeal.

EU Citizenship post Brexit on 22:00 - Apr 2 with 1031 viewsLord_Lucan

EU Citizenship post Brexit on 21:53 - Apr 2 by Lesta_Tractor

Ha, the wife's family are crazy Italian Catholics. Family get togethers over there are an ordeal.

Oh my God, I feel your pain.

My nan used to make me go to Saturday and Sunday school all the time, I used to go to nursery with Nuns. To be fair the Nuns were ok then but I know that when Mother was at school back in the day the Nuns were Motherfeckers.

Really bad sh1t

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

EU Citizenship post Brexit on 22:29 - Apr 2 with 987 viewsLesta_Tractor

EU Citizenship post Brexit on 22:00 - Apr 2 by Lord_Lucan

Oh my God, I feel your pain.

My nan used to make me go to Saturday and Sunday school all the time, I used to go to nursery with Nuns. To be fair the Nuns were ok then but I know that when Mother was at school back in the day the Nuns were Motherfeckers.

Really bad sh1t

The wife has a few stories about the discipline at the convent school in Africa, rulers across the knuckles was quite common

EU Citizenship post Brexit on 06:51 - Apr 3 with 833 viewsdickie

Yes! My Grandpa was Irish but died in 2001 so have none of his paperwork, not sure how else I can prove my Irish ancestry
EU Citizenship post Brexit on 06:54 - Apr 3 with 829 viewsCoastalblue

EU Citizenship post Brexit on 22:29 - Apr 2 by Lesta_Tractor

The wife has a few stories about the discipline at the convent school in Africa, rulers across the knuckles was quite common

Used to get that in Essex in the early 80's or a metre rule across the palm of your hand. We probably deserved in in all fairness.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

EU Citizenship post Brexit on 08:41 - Apr 3 with 757 viewsWeWereZombies

EU Citizenship post Brexit on 06:54 - Apr 3 by Coastalblue

Used to get that in Essex in the early 80's or a metre rule across the palm of your hand. We probably deserved in in all fairness.

Surprised it survived that long but, yes, it was fairly common at Castle Hill primary in the mid 1960s.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

EU Citizenship post Brexit on 09:26 - Apr 3 with 720 viewsfactual_blue

EU Citizenship post Brexit on 06:51 - Apr 3 by dickie

Yes! My Grandpa was Irish but died in 2001 so have none of his paperwork, not sure how else I can prove my Irish ancestry

Do you have a picture of him with a pint of Guinness? That should be enough.

Unless you want to live or work in an EU country, there's very little point in getting a second passport. You're merely deciding at which airport you want to be a in a longer queue: one in Europe on arrival, or one in the UK on return.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

EU Citizenship post Brexit on 09:49 - Apr 3 with 703 viewsdickie

EU Citizenship post Brexit on 09:26 - Apr 3 by factual_blue

Do you have a picture of him with a pint of Guinness? That should be enough.

Unless you want to live or work in an EU country, there's very little point in getting a second passport. You're merely deciding at which airport you want to be a in a longer queue: one in Europe on arrival, or one in the UK on return.

I don't sadly, he was a red wine, vindaloo and Silk Cut Ultra kind of chap.

I don't currently, but I wouldn't rule it out. Also with the rise of nationalism in this country I'm feeling far from patriotic so would feel like a stand against all that jingoism and xenophobia
EU Citizenship post Brexit on 09:55 - Apr 3 with 688 viewsfactual_blue

EU Citizenship post Brexit on 09:49 - Apr 3 by dickie

I don't sadly, he was a red wine, vindaloo and Silk Cut Ultra kind of chap.

I don't currently, but I wouldn't rule it out. Also with the rise of nationalism in this country I'm feeling far from patriotic so would feel like a stand against all that jingoism and xenophobia

I'm sure with a bit of Google work you can find the paperwork.

Truth be told, I feel exactly the same. Sadly my Irish ancestry is too many generations ago to count.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024