Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous 09:45 - Apr 3 with 12715 viewsMullet

The latest findings from one teaching union found the following https://www.nasuwt.org.uk/article-listing/covid-impacts-on-teacher-mental-health

No other profession had the constant scrutiny and scapegoating from the government and its media chums did it? But the anonymous survey reveals grim reading at a time when people are trying to support each other still.

Then Hunt goes on to tweet some of the most tone deaf and sinister rhetoric aiming this at people.

You couldn’t get hawking the latest populist gimmick more wrong if you tried.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 09:46 - Apr 3 with 4188 viewsdickie

I don't think there are many politicians that I despise more than Tom Hunt and depressingly he represents me
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 09:55 - Apr 3 with 4144 viewsMullet

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 09:46 - Apr 3 by dickie

I don't think there are many politicians that I despise more than Tom Hunt and depressingly he represents me

The Autocratic language alone deserves major scrutiny in my opinion.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 09:58 - Apr 3 with 4122 viewsSomethingBlue

Can only hope the penny is dropping around Ipswich. There's a pandemic on and he doesn't hide the fact he's more interested in culture wars nobody asked for than serving his constituents. It's shocking.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 10:06 - Apr 3 with 4078 viewsphillev231069

I'll second that!
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 10:08 - Apr 3 with 4046 viewspointofblue

“Educated” in this sense sounds like it’s come straight out of 1984.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 10:11 - Apr 3 with 4039 viewsHerbivore

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 10:08 - Apr 3 by pointofblue

Or indeed Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 10:12 - Apr 3 with 4028 viewsfactual_blue

The Union Flag increasingly means 'tinpot third world country'. As well as 'murdering imperialists who distort their history'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 10:16 - Apr 3 with 4011 viewsjeera

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 10:08 - Apr 3 by pointofblue

It's all rather uncomfortable isn't it?

Focus on patriotism and maybe people will forget how they're being treated.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 10:17 - Apr 3 with 4001 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Are any other TWTDers banned from Hunt's FB page?

There is now a Facebook page called 'Banned by Tom Hunt' which, a week or two ago, had over 100 members. It is very easy to join the group; all you have to do is comment on his page an opinion contrary to his own. He likes sycophants and bigots... not so keen on dissenters.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 10:19 - Apr 3 with 3979 viewsjeera

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 10:17 - Apr 3 by Tangledupin_Blue

There is now a Facebook page called 'Banned by Tom Hunt' which, a week or two ago, had over 100 members. It is very easy to join the group; all you have to do is comment on his page an opinion contrary to his own. He likes sycophants and bigots... not so keen on dissenters.

Why does an MP have a FB page?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 10:22 - Apr 3 with 3965 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 10:19 - Apr 3 by jeera

Why does an MP have a FB page?

A decent MP would use it as a means of communication with his constituents. Sounding out opinions etc.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 10:23 - Apr 3 with 3953 viewsSomethingBlue

He blocked me on Twitter after I politely questioned him on two separate occasions. Good job I'm not a constituent who, party colours to one side, needs his help! It's so important Ipswich sees sense at the next election.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 10:24 - Apr 3 with 3928 viewsjeera

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 10:22 - Apr 3 by Tangledupin_Blue

A decent MP would use it as a means of communication with his constituents. Sounding out opinions etc.

I've never had any reason to look at his, but he does seem to spend a lot of time sodding about rather than focussing on his constituents from what is posted and linked on here.

Yes, maybe a suggestions page and regular updates on any local projects he's supposed to be involved with I guess.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 10:50 - Apr 3 with 3797 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

I'm with Schopenhauer on this one - "Patriotism, when it wants to make itself felt in the domain of learning, is a dirty fellow who should be thrown out of doors."

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 10:54 - Apr 3 with 3763 viewsLord_Lucan

Tom Hunt is a cretin.

I think Bossbeard may be banned.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 10:58 - Apr 3 with 3734 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I actually think that if they insist on schools flying them, we should fly every flag that represents all nationalities of all staff and students in school including the EU flag. I wonder how Hunt would feel about that.

Perhaps he would then need educating about what the EU, Chinese and Filipino flags represent.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 11:03 - Apr 3 with 3707 viewsMattinLondon

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 09:58 - Apr 3 by SomethingBlue

Can only hope the penny is dropping around Ipswich. There's a pandemic on and he doesn't hide the fact he's more interested in culture wars nobody asked for than serving his constituents. It's shocking.

It’s not dropping at all. Unfortunately, he’s very popular with the Brexit hordes of Ipswich.
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 11:06 - Apr 3 with 3672 viewsThe_Major

Looking at some of the reaction to that, I wouldn't recommend him heading to Glasgow or certain parts of Belfast in the near future....
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 11:12 - Apr 3 with 3581 viewsSomethingBlue

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 11:03 - Apr 3 by MattinLondon

It’s not dropping at all. Unfortunately, he’s very popular with the Brexit hordes of Ipswich.

Labour needs to up its game locally and demonstrate repeatedly, unambiguously and prominently that what Hunt is doing is not ok. I hope they're up to it.

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 11:16 - Apr 3 with 3570 viewsmrshallisfit

He is a media attention seeking Tory weasel. A hopefully here today gone tomorrow politician to paraphrase Robin Day.
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 11:19 - Apr 3 with 3553 viewseastangliaisblue

I don't think I've ever seen a school flying the Union flag. It's just d1ck waving imo. I'm proud to be British, but I've never felt the need to shout it from the rooftops.

Edit: I know that might sound a bit contradictory, with the flag that I use as my avatar, but that's not there to d1ck wave!
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 11:23]
Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 11:29 - Apr 3 with 3505 viewsDubtractor

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 11:12 - Apr 3 by SomethingBlue

Labour needs to up its game locally and demonstrate repeatedly, unambiguously and prominently that what Hunt is doing is not ok. I hope they're up to it.

As a Labour voter I find a lot of Ipswich Labour communications to be rank bad.

We got a leaflet through the other day and, like most of their leaflets, it was all "boo, bad tories, look at the bad tories" without anything like enough focus on the good things that they are doing or will do. Made worse by the fact that a lot of the stuff they were criticising the tories for was inconsequential.

So in summary, yes they really need to up their game.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 11:33 - Apr 3 with 3503 viewsGuthrum

What a load of sh1te.

Not you, that tweet. The most moronic, tokenistic jingoism masquerading as patriotism.

Can we get him appointed as Governor General of the South Sandwich Islands? Extremely remote and nobody actually lives there.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 11:44 - Apr 3 with 3461 viewsLord_Lucan

Now I think it's plainly clear that I don't really hold much sway with the politically correct la de dahs but I am in control of my own brain and I have certain standards and it is quite clear that Tom Hunt is full on tvvat. In fact he is an embarrassment to me in the fact that he represents my town.

I have a question though.

Is he really known outside of his constituency?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 11:46 - Apr 3 with 3456 viewsGuthrum

Tom Hunt is sounding incredibly dangerous on 11:44 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

Now I think it's plainly clear that I don't really hold much sway with the politically correct la de dahs but I am in control of my own brain and I have certain standards and it is quite clear that Tom Hunt is full on tvvat. In fact he is an embarrassment to me in the fact that he represents my town.

I have a question though.

Is he really known outside of his constituency?

Not particularly. I've only really encountered his antics reading about them on here (don't live in or near Ipswich).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024