Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bad Town players that we loved anyway 17:25 - Apr 3 with 7740 viewswkj

We've had a fair few players in our time that have stole a living here, though some of them have gone down fondly in our memories.

I'll start with Larsen Touré - Bags of energy, fun with the fans, gentleman on twitter, celebrating the in cup game like the game was over when there was more to play - and of course, that corner.

Always had a smile on his face and I truly wish he was a good footballer as he would have gone down a legend here with his personality.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:26 - Apr 3 with 3635 viewsSuperCoops

The 2020/21 squad.
Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:28 - Apr 3 with 3624 viewschrismakin

Guys uhlenbeek. Some amazing runs. But you knew his cross would end up over by the north stand houses.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 17:36]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

[Redacted] on 17:28 - Apr 3 with 3623 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:28 - Apr 3 with 3626 viewswkj

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:26 - Apr 3 by SuperCoops

The 2020/21 squad.

You got the bad part bang on, but looking at the forums I fail to see where the love part comes in.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:43 - Apr 3 with 3535 viewsHipsterectomy

Kevin Bru was well-liked here, in fact I don't think I'd ever seen a bad word said about him on here or social media. He certainly wasn't the greatest player we had though.

Castro Sito/Sito Castro I seem to remember not being great (though honestly I remember nothing about him) yet some fans loved him.

Jamie Peters as well, never saw anything from him tbh but he was adored by some cause he could run at players.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:48 - Apr 3 with 3518 viewsjimsymBLUE

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:28 - Apr 3 by chrismakin

Guys uhlenbeek. Some amazing runs. But you knew his cross would end up over by the north stand houses.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 17:36]

I loved Gus, one of our fittest and hardest working players. But as you say, did occasionally cross it to Manningtree.

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:50 - Apr 3 with 3497 viewsfabian_illness

Frank Nouble for me.
Defenders looked sh1t scared when he ran towards them, but they really needn’t have been.
Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:51 - Apr 3 with 3484 viewsIllinoisblue

JET

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:54 - Apr 3 with 3465 viewsWD19

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:43 - Apr 3 by Hipsterectomy

Kevin Bru was well-liked here, in fact I don't think I'd ever seen a bad word said about him on here or social media. He certainly wasn't the greatest player we had though.

Castro Sito/Sito Castro I seem to remember not being great (though honestly I remember nothing about him) yet some fans loved him.

Jamie Peters as well, never saw anything from him tbh but he was adored by some cause he could run at players.

For a moment I had the thought that he might be useful compared to the current crew.

But then I checked myself and realised that he played more games for us (94) than he has managed for all other teams combined in the past decade.
Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:54 - Apr 3 with 3462 viewsBelsteadCav

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:51 - Apr 3 by Illinoisblue

JET

Woooooooo!

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:55 - Apr 3 with 3462 viewsBelsteadCav

Mick Stockwell

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:57 - Apr 3 with 3448 viewsN2_Blue

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:55 - Apr 3 by BelsteadCav

Mick Stockwell

Please tell me this is some kind of joke that i'm not getting.

Stockwell...a bad player!? Give your head a wobble

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:57 - Apr 3 with 3444 viewsacj

Georges Santos - not a great footballer, but I’d have been scared of him if I had to line up against him, and he was the only one in that side that ticked that box. Around the same time Drissa Diallo - I thought he was rubbish but he always gave everything he had. God I miss that Joe Royle team, we were so fun to watch in those days.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:58 - Apr 3 with 3435 viewsJ2BLUE

Mick Stockwell

...what?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:58 - Apr 3 with 3433 viewsWD19

Mick Stockwell

Played for us his entire professional career.

Then joined Colchester.
Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:59 - Apr 3 with 3429 viewsBelsteadCav

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:57 - Apr 3 by N2_Blue

Please tell me this is some kind of joke that i'm not getting.

Stockwell...a bad player!? Give your head a wobble

Ok, not a bad player. But not a great one. A bit average

I take it back

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:59 - Apr 3 with 3431 viewsRadlett_blue

Jean-Manuel Thetis. Thought he was better than he actually was so always had a mistake in him.
He also allegedly lamped GB after being left out of the Town team against Charlton.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 18:01 - Apr 3 with 3418 viewsN2_Blue

Manuel Thetis

Wasn't actually that bad a player but did some crazily bad things on the pitch and got booked at an alarming rate when yellow cards weren't as prevalent as they are now. He'd be a walking red card in todays game

I seem to recall him somehow scoring an overhead kick i think...probably the last player I'd expect to score a goal like that.

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 18:04 - Apr 3 with 3401 viewsN2_Blue

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:59 - Apr 3 by BelsteadCav

I take it back

Fk me....he wasn't a Pirlo or Iniesta and made the most of his limited game but he was fookin way better than average.

Outrageous thing to say about a great servant and fairly decent player for us

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 18:05 - Apr 3 with 3391 viewsN2_Blue

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:59 - Apr 3 by Radlett_blue

Jean-Manuel Thetis. Thought he was better than he actually was so always had a mistake in him.
He also allegedly lamped GB after being left out of the Town team against Charlton.

great minds....

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 18:07 - Apr 3 with 3374 viewsJ2BLUE

Danny Haynes. Saved by a few goals against Norwich. Possibly slightly harsh as he was played at RM so much rather than up front but he used to get the ball, run like fook and not stop until he ran it out of play. About five times per game.

Truly impaired.

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 18:09 - Apr 3 with 3367 viewsChurchman

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:59 - Apr 3 by BelsteadCav

I take it back

He played in the Premier League and didn’t look out of place. Could play a multitude of positions, scored against Norwich, was brave, determined, great attitude and a thoroughly professional player.

He was a lot better than a bit average.
Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 18:11 - Apr 3 with 3349 viewsHerbivore

Mick Stockwell

This is the thing you need to apologise for following your return, not being a bit mardy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 18:12 - Apr 3 with 3324 viewsBelsteadCav

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 18:07 - Apr 3 by J2BLUE

Danny Haynes. Saved by a few goals against Norwich. Possibly slightly harsh as he was played at RM so much rather than up front but he used to get the ball, run like fook and not stop until he ran it out of play. About five times per game.

What?

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 18:15 - Apr 3 with 3290 viewsJ2BLUE

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 18:11 - Apr 3 by Herbivore

This is the thing you need to apologise for following your return, not being a bit mardy.

Agreed.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024